PDA

View Full Version : Words Escape Me

Andrew Longman
01-02-08, 03:34 PM
http://www.simmons-comics.com/indy.html

DagoFast
01-02-08, 03:59 PM
Let me guess. The reason you can't talk is because you're laughing so hard?

Andrew Longman
01-02-08, 04:08 PM
What's dumber, the idea or the people who like it?

Is this intended to to sell more comic books to Indy car fans or make Indy car fans out of comic book readers?

Obviously this is marketing genius either way. :rolleyes:

G.
01-02-08, 04:16 PM
Let's meet the racers:

CAMERON "ROCK 'N ROLL" WHEELER – Age: 26. Height: 5'10". Weight: 165 lbs. Hometown: Clinton, Michigan, USA. Team: Simmons Abramson Racing.
MARTINA "SPARKPLUG" STONEBRIDGE – Age: 23. Height: 5'2". Weight: 110 lbs. Hometown: South Bend, Indiana, USA. Team: Bon Johnson Racing.
JAN "CAPE TOWN KID" WAGNER – Age: 21. Height: 5'11". Weight: 170 lbs. Hometown: Cape Town, South Africa. Team: David Matthews Enterprises.
COLIN "BRITISH STEEL" STEELE – Age: 27. Height: 5'7". Weight: 150 lbs. Hometown: London, England. Team: Wayne Kent Enterprises
FREDERICO "READY FREDDY" TAVARES – Age: 30. Height: 5'9". Weight: 155 lbs. Hometown: San Paulo, Brazil. Team: Team Carina.
ANTONIO "LITTLE ITALY" BASSO – Age: 25. Height: 5'5". Weight: 155 lbs. Hometown: Florence, Italy. Team: Simmons Abramson Racing.
YURIKO "SAMURAI SPEEDSTER" YAMAGUCHI – Age: 22. Height: 5'0". Weight: 90 lbs. Hometown: Tokyo, Japan. Team: Mitsusony Racing.
JAMES "HOTROD HOSER" MARTIN – Age: 28. Height: 5'6". Weight: 145 lbs. Hometown: Toronto, Canada. Team: B.D. McKenzie Racing.

[:gomer: ] not enough Americans![/:gomer: ]

cameraman
01-02-08, 04:22 PM
Wow. You're correct, there really are no words...
:shakehead :rolleyes: :shakehead says it best.

KLang
01-02-08, 04:28 PM
But the response at gomerville is priceless. :rofl:

Is this the big 'announcement'?

Elmo T
01-02-08, 04:41 PM
Who knew he was an IRL fan...

http://www.thesimpsonsquotes.com/images/comicguypoint.gif

Don Quixote
01-02-08, 04:48 PM
The mirrors on that car will never work.

But seriously, this is huge. I expect the earl to finally turn things around and vault past F1 and Nascar, albeit a couple of years later than predicted by the grandson. Does CC have a comic book, well does it? Huh, huh? :gomer:

High Sided
01-02-08, 04:54 PM
12 car grid :laugh:

Andrew Longman
01-02-08, 05:03 PM
I thought Indycar was the National Championship and should not leave the country to race (except Motegi) ;)

emjaya
01-02-08, 05:57 PM
Do kids buy comic books anymore?
My kids will read a Simpsons comic if it's given to them, but spend their softly-earned pocket money on one; not likely.

This would be a great idea if this was 1965. :shakehead

RHR_Fan
01-02-08, 06:02 PM
:yuck:

Methanolandbrats
01-02-08, 06:33 PM
>>>About the new comic book, Gene says, "I wanted to do an INDY-themed comic book, for obvious reasons. But just doing a new version of Speed Racer didn't appeal. And then it hit me. What would happen if a sentient alien group (a la the Guardians of Oa in Green Lantern) wanted to test the mettle of different life forms? What would happen if there was an Indy—Race of the Galaxies? Our Indy Racers in their Indy cars and various aliens in their vehicles race against each other on a virtual Yellow Brick Road to the Galaxies, of sorts.....:saywhat:

Is that for real? Nobody cares about Indycars racing each other on Earth, so I question the expansion into space.

Watching Gene pitch this to FTG must have been surreal.

"so what do you think Tony?"

"Uh, uh,.........ok Gene, but can you put Vision Racing in the comic book and make me head of the moon or something.........uh, uh, can you?"

"Sure Tony, Vision can even win a race to Mars and you can make up a galaxy to rule".

"Uh, uh.......ok, Mom write another 20 million dollar check to Gene.".

jonovision_man
01-02-08, 07:26 PM
And then it hit me. What would happen if a sentient alien group (a la the Guardians of Oa in Green Lantern) wanted to test the mettle of different life forms? What would happen if there was an Indy—Race of the Galaxies? Our Indy Racers in their Indy cars and various aliens in their vehicles race against each other on a virtual Yellow Brick Road to the Galaxies, of sorts....

If we were making up stupid ideas Gene might come up with, I don't think we could have made up one this stupid. :rofl:

jono

trish
01-02-08, 07:31 PM
Gene Simmons has found his biggest stooge in Tony George.

JT265
01-02-08, 08:41 PM
If we were making up stupid ideas Gene might come up with, I don't think we could have made up one this stupid. :rofl:

jono

Don't underestimate SeanO. Or yourself. :p

:rofl: :rofl:

pchall
01-02-08, 08:47 PM
:yuck:

What if they include a supplement about all the hot young Interplanetary Pro Series drivers? ;)

Rob
01-02-08, 09:03 PM
Flying Indy cars? Gee, I wonder where his inspiration came from.

stroker
01-02-08, 10:54 PM
>>>About the new comic book, Gene says, "I wanted to do an INDY-themed comic book, for obvious reasons. But just doing a new version of Speed Racer didn't appeal. And then it hit me. What would happen if a sentient alien group (a la the Guardians of Oa in Green Lantern) wanted to test the mettle of different life forms? What would happen if there was an Indy—Race of the Galaxies? Our Indy Racers in their Indy cars and various aliens in their vehicles race against each other on a virtual Yellow Brick Road to the Galaxies, of sorts.....:saywhat:

Is that for real? Nobody cares about Indycars racing each other on Earth, so I question the expansion into space.

Watching Gene pitch this to FTG must have been surreal.

"so what do you think Tony?"

"Uh, uh,.........ok Gene, but can you put Vision Racing in the comic book and make me head of the moon or something.........uh, uh, can you?"

"Sure Tony, Vision can even win a race to Mars and you can make up a galaxy to rule".

"Uh, uh.......ok, Mom write another 20 million dollar check to Gene.".

Sounds like that Monty Python skit "Scott of the Antarctic" with the 20 foot Electric Penguin

Methanolandbrats
01-02-08, 10:59 PM
Sounds like that Monty Python skit "Scott of the Antarctic" with the 20 foot Electric Penguin

Might as well be. That something this disturbing should even see the light of day says a lot about the state of American Motorsports. It might be time to just turn out the lights.

emjaya
01-03-08, 06:13 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/emjaya/Simmonslogo.jpg

Check out that logo. He dosn't hide what he is. :rolleyes:

jonovision_man
01-03-08, 10:12 AM

Honestly, I'm racking my brain, and don't think I can think of anything stupider. :)

jono

Methanolandbrats
01-03-08, 10:27 AM

Perhaps construct the ultimate autocross course using the ample paved areas and access roads inside the speedway. Indycar drivers compete in the first event and it is such a huge success that drivers from other solar systems travel light years to compete in the ultimate contest of low speed driving skill and cone avoidance.:thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
01-03-08, 10:48 AM
I could think up stranger things. Thanks for the compliment, JT. ;)

Accipiter
01-03-08, 11:26 AM
Wow. Gene Simmons is really good at looking like he's doing stuff for the IRL when he's really not. :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
01-03-08, 12:32 PM
I could think up stranger things.....

MR2 spaceship? ;)

RHR_Fan
01-03-08, 02:45 PM
What if they include a supplement about all the hot young Interplanetary Pro Series drivers? ;)

I don't stoop that low.

IlliniRacer
01-03-08, 03:31 PM
http://www.simmons-comics.com/images/indy/1/Indy01_pg03.jpg

Lots of empty seats.

Gnam
01-03-08, 03:53 PM
That yellow and blue hat in the lower right corner looks familiar.

http://i19.tinypic.com/4mjqgsk.jpg

Gnam
01-03-08, 04:01 PM
What all those hand-held signs say:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9051/sendhelppq6wu2bi4.jpg

IlliniRacer
01-03-08, 04:06 PM
double

Napoleon
01-06-08, 02:47 PM
Braahahahahahha

This is a joke, right?

stroker
01-06-08, 05:13 PM
See, the Master Plan for this is to ultimately turn the comic book into an animated TV show to fill all that empty space on the Cartoon Network. That'll take some jobs from all those foreign animators and put some old Disney artists back to work. That'll solve all those cable ratings problems since nobody wants to watch artwork made by foreigners instead of Americans.

pchall
01-06-08, 06:09 PM
That'll solve all those cable ratings problems since nobody wants to watch artwork made by foreigners instead of Americans.

How does that explain all the hentai anime at the back of your local comic bookstore? :gomer:

stroker
01-10-08, 01:31 AM
How does that explain all the hentai anime at the back of your local comic bookstore? :gomer:

Hell, I don't know. That's what Paff tole me.

Gangrel
01-10-08, 01:29 PM
Well....they HAVE been trying to put one into orbit for years..... :rolleyes:

:rofl:

OW
01-11-08, 09:28 PM
IRL --> Perfect
CC --> Don't you DARE.....even THINK about it...

Otherwise...I am speechless too..