PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Maddison's record jump

OW
01-01-08, 09:05 AM
Quite amazing

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3175684&categoryId=2378529

jonovision_man
01-01-08, 10:28 AM
Wow, pretty cool.

Love the girls in the referee stripes and the stilettos. :)

Dirk Diggler
01-03-08, 07:28 PM
His girlfriend really likes cameras.:irked:

Andrew Longman
01-03-08, 09:29 PM
I watched it, but I couldn't help thinking about the fact that Kinevel did his jumps in an essentially stock Triumph and landed on a narrow, hard wooden ramp.

Maddison's landing "ramp" (if you want to call it that) couldn't possibly have been missed or overshot, and even if he spilled on landing he'd still just be landing on a pile of sand. And his shocks would rival my pillow top mattress.

Good for him and the thrill he provided, but as with most modern racing, I view it differently now that few participants or viewers worry about the dark possibilities of the effort.

Warlock!
01-04-08, 08:38 AM
I watched it, but I couldn't help thinking about the fact that Kinevel did his jumps in an essentially stock Triumph and landed on a narrow, hard wooden ramp.

Maddison's landing "ramp" (if you want to call it that) couldn't possibly have been missed or overshot, and even if he spilled on landing he'd still just be landing on a pile of sand. And his shocks would rival my pillow top mattress.

Good for him and the thrill he provided, but as with most modern racing, I view it differently now that few participants or viewers worry about the dark possibilities of the effort.
Word.

fxgm5uM64hc&NR=1

G.
01-06-08, 02:22 PM

I dunno. When he did his Lump in Jondon, I felt pretty ripped off that the buses had the plywood covering them.

It was a big part of my disappointing childhood.
;)

pchall
01-06-08, 06:36 PM
Word.

That Evel Knievel video rocks! :eek: :rofl: :cool:

Recommended viewing for all.

Sean Malone
01-06-08, 10:30 PM
EK was a drunk, drug abusin', tax dodgin', wife beatin', thief, womanizin' thug who used a bat instead of his fists...but I loved his toys!!!:)

Elmo T
01-07-08, 09:21 AM
...but I loved his toys!!!:)

I remember when Santa brought the EK cycle and the scramble van. I spent half a day tossing the "action figure" (boys don't have dolls) onto the street because the bright white suit looked too neat and clean. :laugh:

ChrisB
01-07-08, 06:56 PM
I can understand that the technology and suspension of modern bikes is better than what Evel had back in the day. I'm OK with that.

But I agree with AL above.. the dirt landing "hill" that many of these jumpers use today just takes too much away from it.

Part of the challenge of what Evel did was that he had to get the landing just right on that landing ramp... That all goes away when there's a dirt "landing hill" the size of a ski jump hill.

nissan gtp
01-07-08, 08:32 PM
Word.

fxgm5uM64hc&NR=1

awesome :D

TrueBrit
01-08-08, 01:16 PM
His girlfriend really likes cameras.:irked:

No kidding!!!:\

TrueBrit
01-08-08, 01:20 PM
Recommended viewing for all.