PDA

View Full Version : Attention Philly Area OC Karters...

Andrew Longman
12-28-07, 03:08 PM
Look what I found.

http://www.lehighvalleygrandprix.com/home.htm

12 Month Unlimited $2,699 :gomer:

I should just consider it a gym membership. 3-5 stints, 3-days a week would be quite a workout for an old fart like me.

First karting facility of its type in PA, finally. And there are karts Trev can use. :thumbup:

Interesting its run by two recent Lehigh grads who put together the biz plan as part of a school competition. They won and put it into action. good for them

dando
12-28-07, 04:57 PM
:cool: We lost our indoor karting track when WMT bought the parcel Speeds (speeds.cc) was located. :( Unfortunately it's been ~3 years since they closed for relocation, with no announcement on the new location. :cry: Mebbe I can take a wrong turn @ Harrisburg on the way to OCNJ next summer. :D And yes, I can testify that karting is one heckuva workout.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
12-28-07, 05:43 PM
Mebbe I can take a wrong turn @ Harrisburg on the way to OCNJ next summer. :D And yes, I can testify that karting is one heckuva workout.

-Kevin

Take 78 from Harrisburg. You'll drive right by the place. I can meet you and you can try to drive me into the tires. Then get on 476S to the AC Expressway to the Parkway and you're there. About 2+ hours from Allentown. :D

I've already plotted this afternoon for some buddies, including a real karting nut friend of mine from NC to make a full assault on the place.

Sean O'Gorman
12-28-07, 08:00 PM
:cool: We lost our indoor karting track when WMT bought the parcel Speeds (speeds.cc) was located. :( Unfortunately it's been ~3 years since they closed for relocation, with no announcement on the new location. :cry: Mebbe I can take a wrong turn @ Harrisburg on the way to OCNJ next summer. :D And yes, I can testify that karting is one heckuva workout.

-Kevin

Actually, they shut down in late January 2005, its only been two years. And, yeah, I don't think they are coming back, which is too bad, because I owned that place.

dando
12-28-07, 08:37 PM
Actually, they shut down in late January 2005, its only been two years. And, yeah, I don't think they are coming back, which is too bad, because I owned that place.

Apologies. I should have stated ~35 mos. ago....dickhead. :gomer: I just remember seeing Rahole's name on the boards back then, but I dint realize there was autoX greatness/Mrs. 2 racing there as well. :p

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
12-28-07, 10:24 PM
Every time I went there I left with the fastest time of the month, yo. :tony:

Andrew Longman
12-28-07, 10:50 PM
SeanO, FWIW, this place, www.377fast.com, regularly has Harvick, Gordon, Johnson, Earnhart and the like there and they rarely hold the records, though they are impressive.

My bud usually tops them, but still is a tad behind a few other more frequent regulars, simply because of the amount of laps they do there in that equipment. Familiarity means a lot and if JG (et al) put in a few hundred laps a month there too he'd spank everyone's butt.

Cam
12-29-07, 02:18 AM
:cool: We lost our indoor karting track when WMT bought the parcel Speeds (speeds.cc) was located.

Indy lost it's best indoor kart track when spiccoli drank all Stephans profits. :gomer:

Indy
12-29-07, 02:06 PM
Indy lost it's best indoor kart track when spiccoli drank all Stephans profits. :gomer:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nrc
12-29-07, 02:47 PM
Hmm. Is this a trend? DM you follow the indoor karting business, is there a wider problem?

Ankf00
12-29-07, 04:39 PM
the indoor places in Dallas, Austin and Houston all shut down years ago. Never even had a chance to check out the Dallas and Houston ones.