PDA

View Full Version : ABC Supply Co. falls through the roof

pchall
12-22-07, 03:18 PM
The owner, that is.

Roofing billionaire dies after fall through roof
Wisconsin mogul had net worth of $3.5 billion, according to Forbes

BELOIT, Wis. - The 91st richest man in the U.S., a roofing company billionaire, has died after falling through his home garage's roof, local authorities said Friday.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gawd, how I love irony when it doesn't apply to me.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22360485/

I wonder if he did the job himself using Crapsman kwality tewls lent to him by AJ?

:tony:

TedN
12-22-07, 05:03 PM
ROFL at someone dying. Nice.

Ted

meadors
12-22-07, 05:12 PM
:shakehead
Ironic yes.
Worth a sick chuckle, sure.
Funny, not so much.

If it were the idiot boy king however...

Spicoli
12-22-07, 05:52 PM
not cool.

rocket
12-22-07, 07:55 PM
not cool.

What....you sober today?:D

Sean Malone
12-22-07, 08:13 PM
:shakehead
Ironic yes.
Worth a sick chuckle, sure.
Funny, not so much.

If it were the idiot boy king however...

Selective hate. How...stupid.

Spicoli
12-22-07, 08:58 PM
What....you sober today?:D

only for a short period. These holidays are tough on me liver.

I hate foit and everything he represents.

plus i like giving pete hell. :D

Methanolandbrats
12-22-07, 10:42 PM
Big dollar Darwin Nominee :thumbup:

pchall
12-22-07, 11:27 PM
Mel Brooks once said, "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you slip on a banana peel, hit your head on the sidewalk, and die."

jonovision_man
12-23-07, 10:26 AM
Mel Brooks was making a joke, not suggesting how people should actually react when a man dies.

jono

G.
12-23-07, 02:38 PM
sounds like a pretty interesting character.

I suppose that when it's your time to go, going ironically is the way to do it.

Napoleon
12-24-07, 05:57 AM
If I had as much money as he had, and I was in my 60's like he was, you would never catch me up on my roof doing anything.

Methanolandbrats
12-24-07, 10:04 AM
If I had as much money as he had, and I was in my 60's like he was, you would never catch me up on my roof doing anything. MIdwestern do-it-yourselfer types are like him. I grew up with them and if they can't fix it themselvers they help the people they hire. They HAVE to be involved.

stroker
12-24-07, 10:24 AM
not much of a Christmas for his family, poor bastard.

:(

Sean Malone
12-24-07, 11:11 AM
A bunch of poor people have died in the last few days too. Anyone give a damn about them?

jonovision_man
12-24-07, 11:30 AM
Not really.

;)

In all seriousness, you can't react to every death on the planet, you wouldn't get anything done in the day. But those we do hear about we generally feel compassion towards the people involved or their families...

Or we mock them and give them Darwin Awards. It's a mixed bag. :D

Just look how seriously racing deaths are taken around these forums... everyone posts a :( and sends their condolences and stuff... and that's for people who knowingly took part in an inherently dangerous sport. But a guy goes up on his roof, something many of us do, falls to his death and it's hillllarious?

I love humans, we're so interesting. :D

jono

Sean O'Gorman
12-24-07, 11:34 AM
But a guy goes up on his roof, something many of us do, falls to his death and it's hillllarious?

It is apparently hilarious because he decided to sponsor an Indy car instead of pleasing the 812 remaining Champ Car fans and sponsoring one of those. :rolleyes:

Indy
12-24-07, 12:40 PM
^^^ So what's your problem? :gomer:

Wally
12-24-07, 02:38 PM
812....its just a number.

RusH
12-24-07, 02:44 PM
OU812?

Cam
12-24-07, 03:04 PM
^^^ So what's your problem? :gomer:

Lookie thar! O'Gorman finally cracked a funnie! :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
12-24-07, 03:27 PM
It is apparently hilarious because he decided to sponsor an Indy car instead of pleasing the 812 remaining Champ Car fans and sponsoring one of those. :rolleyes:
Rumor is he did'nt like all the traffic and attention in the IRL paddock so he was moving his operation to GrandAm next year.

JT265
12-24-07, 06:38 PM
Rumor is he did'nt like all the traffic and attention in the IRL paddock so he was moving his operation to GrandAm next year.

Which no doubt explains why the roof was so damn high off the ground. :tony: It's nice, however, to see that some things never change.

On Darwinism. SeanO, do you count yourself among the 812 remaining, or are you having trouble clearing your cookies? :gomer:

:laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
12-24-07, 10:33 PM
I don't really watch racing anymore, but racing in HD is cool so maybe I'll start again.

cart7
12-25-07, 11:14 AM

I'm not really a Champ car fan anymore so make that 811. :gomer: