PDA

View Full Version : Conquest to two cars

nrc
12-22-07, 01:06 AM
Conquest announces that they'll go to two cars next year with support from Opes Prime. Anthony Blumberg of Opes Prime has bought into the team.

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story/?ID=225653&hubname=auto_racing

"Our aim over the next couple of years is to develop and promote talen from within the junior formulae Australian and Asian Championships, and whilst our involvement with Conquest in no way guarantees a drive for any of those talented, young Opes Prime backed-drivers, it does provide an opportunity, which is what we are all about."

opinionated ow
12-22-07, 02:36 AM
Anthony is a big supporter of both the Australian Formula 3 Championship and the Formula Asia (Renault) V6 Series.

jonovision_man
12-22-07, 08:21 AM
Good news! Probably means Forsythe/Petite only need to run 2? Or do they go with 18 cars on the grid? :eek:

jono

KLang
12-22-07, 09:05 AM
Good news! Probably means Forsythe/Petite only need to run 2? Or do they go with 18 cars on the grid? :eek:

jono

AR1 says Forsythe is hiring enough for three. For whatever that is worth. :D

Good news from Conquest. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
12-22-07, 11:51 AM
Oh good, with Opes Prime on board, he can deliver the cars too.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9540/takara20mp0120optimus20cp4.jpg

Andrew Longman
12-22-07, 12:04 PM
Good news from Conquest. :thumbup:

Not according to the usual suspects at TF. No cash involved and they are simply selling seats to asian ride buyers. :rolleyes:

KLang
12-22-07, 01:03 PM
Not according to the usual suspects at TF. No cash involved and they are simply selling seats to asian ride buyers. :rolleyes:

I got a chuckle about that too. Isn't Wilke supposed to be in Hawaii or something? :rolleyes: Nothing better to do then make up crap about something they hate on the internet. :shakehead

G.
01-04-08, 03:17 PM
Nelsonmania!!!!

Conquest to run two cars this year

Eurosport - Thu, 03 Jan 14:19:00 2008

Conquest Racing will expand to two cars for 2008 after securing a major new sponsor, with Nelson Philippe likely to return to the squad full-time.

link (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03012008/58/conquest-run-cars-year.html)

Andrew Longman
01-04-08, 03:40 PM
The team, however, insist that they will only pick their drivers for the coming season after the official tests in the first two months of the year.

And Phillipe has made it clear he expects to be paid.

It will be nice to see if a stable of familiar paid drivers starts to form.

KLang
01-04-08, 04:17 PM
I would like to see Phillipe return. :thumbup:

cameraman
01-04-08, 05:06 PM
I thought I saw an article that stated the company that sponsored him at the end of last season liked what they saw and they were planning to sponsor him for all of 2008.

opinionated ow
01-04-08, 05:32 PM
And Phillipe has made it clear he expects to be paid.

It will be nice to see if a stable of familiar paid drivers starts to form.
If you believe the rumours, he was paying his Australia F3 Drivers....

Insomniac
01-04-08, 06:15 PM
This is crazy. Announcing plans/drivers in January? Something must be in the water!

:thumbup: to Familiar faces who can drive.

Gnam
01-04-08, 07:42 PM
This week's Autosport magazine is carrying the following ad:

Rocketsports Racing is currently seeking candidates for all positions within their Champ Car Team for the 2008 season. Race experience required. Rocketsports offers competitive salaries and full benefits. Please email resumes to jobs@rocketsportsracing.com
More good news...:gomer:

cameraman
01-04-08, 07:46 PM
Rocketsports offers competitive salaries and full benefits.

They may offer them but what about delivering them.....

pchall
01-04-08, 09:07 PM
I thought I saw an article that stated the company that sponsored him at the end of last season liked what they saw and they were planning to sponsor him for all of 2008.

That was Opes Prime. Nelson has the seat, I figure.