PDA

View Full Version : Domain deadline

nrc
12-17-07, 11:36 AM
We're coming up on our deadline for renewing offcamber.net and unfortunately I've been remiss in getting it taken care of in advance. The deadline is tomorrow, so if by chance offcamber.net should go dark just go to offcamber.org until we can get it sorted.

The problem we have is that the domain is registered with the original hosting company, which we've long since left, and after the data center move debacle earlier this year I'm not enthused about moving it to our current hosting company, either.

Right now I'm just trying to get it renewed in place, but let us know if you have a recommendation for a reasonably priced dedicated hosting company.

BigIrlFan
12-17-07, 12:35 PM
WEll HElls BElles ncr, I got jest teh thing for you. YOu need to go to GODADdy TAHt will fix you rite up. CLick on the DANicle picter and you can read her blog and all bout her busy scheduel. ANd you can enter her contest to. I entered bout 18 times jest today. hahahahahahahaa I Know all this might seem a littel forrin for you CARt strret race loosers but this is called sposner activation. THats when sposnsor do more than let you paint there name on your car. YOU dont see no INDeck contest do you? hahahahaha

ANyways heres where to go for the best innernets place http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/default.asp

AN if this place goes down, it will be just liek CHAmpCars PHeonix race, no one will notice hahahahahahahaha HEll come an read my blog if its down at www.iambif.com I shoud do an other blog post this week bout what I want for CHIrstmas. MAy be I will

BIf#

THe IRl - our leaders got Visisions

TravelGal
12-17-07, 02:02 PM
I feel your pain. My tiny little website faces the same problems. Still, anything that gets a post out of BiF can't be all bad. :\

Andrew Longman
12-17-07, 05:03 PM
Just make sure you get it fixed.

If this place goes dark I will be forced to confront my life. :gomer:

Sean Malone
12-17-07, 05:08 PM
I use Host Monster. haven't had any problems. Don't know if they are considered 'robust' or not but they had the best reviews when I was searching for a host.
Cheap too.

nrc
12-17-07, 08:12 PM
Taken care of. Someone must have heard about Andrew's dilemma and finally called back. :)

Thanks for the tip, BIf. I was actually checking out Go Daddy before and thought maybe the Go Daddy girl had a couple of blow-outs.

Thanks Sean, I'll check it out.

Sean O'Gorman
12-17-07, 09:24 PM
Speaking of, I really should buy seanogorman.com now that the previous owner let the name expire. I was getting sick of seeing that the site was nothing but a half naked Borat.

devilmaster
12-17-07, 11:09 PM
Speaking of, I really should buy seanogorman.com now that the previous owner let the name expire. I was getting sick of seeing that the site was nothing but a half naked Borat.

probably still better than anything you'd put online.... :runs:

;)

Sean O'Gorman
12-18-07, 10:58 AM
Just because I'd have the money to buy a domain doesn't mean I'd have the time, money, or talent to make a website. ;)

meadors
12-18-07, 04:50 PM
I use Host Monster. haven't had any problems. Don't know if they are considered 'robust' or not but they had the best reviews when I was searching for a host.
Cheap too.

I haven't heard the term hose monster in ages. :rofl:

Sean Malone
12-18-07, 05:00 PM
I haven't heard the term hose monster in ages. :rofl:

Is that their rep? I honeslty don't know. I found multiple ratings that had them #1. I've been using them for 2 years with not one downtime or issue.

cart7
12-18-07, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the tip, BIf. I was actually checking out Go Daddy before and thought maybe the Go Daddy girl had a couple of blow-outs.

Be honest, how many times did you mouse over this pix!! ;) :p

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc108/cart7/1204_photo_2.jpg

OW
01-05-08, 10:08 AM
Why when I looked at Go daddy it says $9.99 a year....I thought it was $1.99

Am I missing something?

Insomniac
01-05-08, 03:37 PM
Why when I looked at Go daddy it says $9.99 a year....I thought it was $1.99

Am I missing something?

You have to order additional Go Daddy services for the $1.99 offer.

OW
01-09-08, 10:21 PM
What kind of services....I just want a http://blablabla.com re-direct to my host provider based web site (personal web site)

ROFL ...there is a blablabla .com But I didnt mean it :)

Insomniac
01-10-08, 11:44 AM
What kind of services....I just want a http://blablabla.com re-direct to my host provider based web site (personal web site)

ROFL ...there is a blablabla .com But I didnt mean it :)

I'm not sure what services. Assume $10/yr minimum for a domain from GoDaddy. You can set it to forward to another address at no charge.