PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose admits to burn out.

emjaya
12-14-07, 03:34 PM
MARCOS Ambrose has made the surprise admission he suffered burn out after a successful but hectic season in the NASCAR Busch Series.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22924839-23770,00.html

cart7
12-16-07, 04:29 PM
The Tasmanian has emphatically slammed the door shut on a return to racing fulltime in Australia.

“I'm a pioneer and I've gone where no one else has gone from Australia,” he said.

“Why would I go back to something I've already done? I'm all about the challenges in life and trying new things.

“I'm not saying I'm never going to come back and race Supercars - one or two races here and there if the schedule fits.

“But back here fulltime, I'm not even thinking about it. If I can focus on NASCAR and do what I need to do there, that'll probably see me out.”

Translation:

$$$$$$$

emjaya
12-16-07, 10:56 PM
I don't think it was about the money for Ambrose. :\

opinionated ow
12-17-07, 08:47 AM
I don't think it was about the money for Ambrose. :\

about the last thing he was thinking of. he was supposed to be getting paid 7 figures plus sponsorship for only racing 14 times a year.

Easy
12-17-07, 12:52 PM
Translation:

$$$$$$$

Yeah, how tragic that he wants to be compensated for his work.

Sean Malone
12-17-07, 02:04 PM
Who'd want to live in Australia? :)

emjaya
12-17-07, 10:16 PM
Who'd want to live in Australia? :)

Australians. :)

opinionated ow
12-17-07, 10:50 PM

and kiwis and pommys:D :rofl:

Sean Malone
12-18-07, 12:06 AM

Which prompts the question...whose Marcus Ambrose?

Never heard of him. Honest.

opinionated ow
12-18-07, 03:00 AM

2 Time Aussie Touring Caer Champion with a distinguished (but low budget) openwheel career. Moved to the US at the end of the 2005 ATCC season and started racing for Wood Brothers/JTG in the truck series in 2006. Moved up to Busch Grand National this year and finished 8th overall, and IIRC top BGN exclusive driver.

MARCOS AMBROSE FAST FACTS
– Marcos Ambrose and the Aussie Vineyards-backed #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion team at Wood Brothers/JTG Racing have earned US$987,040 (A$1,108,149) in prizemoney in 35 NASCAR Busch Series races this season
– Ambrose will drive the Aussie Vineyards-backed #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion for Wood Brothers/JTG Racing in the 2007 NASCAR Busch Series
– Ambrose finished 16th in his NASCAR Busch Series debut at Daytona International Speedway on 17 February 2007, winning the Raybestos Rookie of the Race Award in what was his first race on the 2.5-mile Daytona superspeedway
– The Australian scored his debut NASCAR Busch Series top 10 finish at his first NASCAR road course event with eighth place at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico City on 4 March 2007
– Ambrose picked up his second Raybestos Rookie of the Race Award and second-consecutive top 10 with 10th at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on 10 March 2007, also winning the WIX Filters Lap Leader Award and the Checkers/Rally's Double Drive-Thru Challenge Award for the fastest Busch Series pit crew
– Ambrose placed sixth place at Dover International Speedway on 2 June 2007
– Ambrose won his first NASCAR Busch Series pole and achieved his best Busch Series finish at Memphis Motorsports Park on 27 October 2007 with fourth place
– Ambrose was born in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
– finished 21st in the 2006 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series and third in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings, earning US$256,368 in 22 starts in the #20 Aussie Vineyards Team Australia Ford F-150 for Wood Brothers/JTG Racing
– 2006 season highlighted by Budweiser Pole and WIX Lap Leader awards in Kentucky on 8 July 2006, along with third place finishes at Kansas on 1 July 2006 and Nashville 12 August 2006
– Earned nine top 10 qualifying positions and four top 10 finishes in his first season of oval racing of any description
– Ambrose won two consecutive Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series titles in 2003 and 2004 for Ford

emjaya
12-18-07, 10:05 AM

And yet here you are, posting in a thread about him...you need to get a life. :D

http://www.marcosambrose.com/index.asp

I had meant to put a comment in my orginal post a comment about the length of the NASCAR season; and whether the drivers actually stop enjoying what they do and start to think of it as just a job?

Earnhardt's comments about racing V8's had me thinking that with the length the season they don't have much of a opportunity to race anything else during the year. :\

Sean Malone
12-18-07, 10:22 AM
And yet here you are, posting in a thread about him...you need to get a life. :D

http://www.marcosambrose.com/index.asp

I had meant to put a comment in my orginal post a comment about the length of the NASCAR season; and whether the drivers actually stop enjoying what they do and start to think of it as just a job?

Earnhardt's comments about racing V8's had me thinking that with the length the season they don't have much of a opportunity to race anything else during the year. :\

Life in a cube during off season.

Oh, and I hope he makes LOTS O MOney!!!!!!

Cuz that's what its all about.

G.
12-18-07, 12:34 PM
I don't think it was about the money for Ambrose. :\If it was about the $$$$ he would've joined up with the Wiggles. ;)

I hear they make a boatload of cash.