PDA

View Full Version : Jim Swintal....Another new print!!

Livery
12-12-07, 09:30 PM
I know I don't post here much but just wanted to make everyone aware.

SWINTAL DRAWS A CLOSE TO THE 2007 SEASON

Motorsports artist and Champ Car Clerk of the Course Jim Swintal has released his latest print chronicling the highlights of the 2007 Champ Car World Series season.

Commissioned for Champ Car’s annual holiday greeting card, the 18x24 print features one image from each venue in “postcard” fashion, recounting events of the 2007 season from Will Power’s maiden victory (in the debut of the Panoz chassis) in Las Vegas to Sebastien Bourdais’ victory at his final Champ Car race in Mexico City.

“As we do this painting each year,” says Swintal, “It’s an attempt to touch on some of the great stories that happen every weekend. Doornbos’ comebacks, Tracy winning at Cleveland, Servia stepping in for a podium at Long Beach, our first standing start, they’re all in there - it’s a way to look back and remember what we’ve done this season. I have included something from every team and it’s as interesting for me to research it as it is to create.”

The print is the fourth in a series dating back to the 2004 season. All four are available at Jim’s website, www.jimswintal.com

http://www.jimswintal.com/files/CCWS07wm5.jpg

Spicoli
12-12-07, 10:16 PM
Swintal rawks. got a buncha his stuff. :thumbup:

Joelski
12-13-07, 04:12 PM
Racing art is cool. I've helped Jim put food on the table a few times myself.

manic mechanic
12-14-07, 07:59 PM
I love the postmarks... I'd buy that print in a heartbeat!

The big trick is getting all the (represented) drivers to sign it next year.

BTW, I'm still missing one sig on my 2004 Swintal print (Michel Jourdain), but I'll never say never!

manic

wood-eye
12-14-07, 11:37 PM
Manic..get someone going to the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona in January to get him to sign it......we'd do it gladly but with Linda's treatments we most likely won't make it to Florida til February....

You might check with the Swees'..they usually go.

Look below for a shot from last year's Rolex...we have always liked Michel...

Dave

Jervis Tetch 1
12-16-07, 07:22 PM
Good stuff!

Lux Interior
12-18-07, 11:53 AM
Will get that one for sure. Nice work. :thumbup: