PDA

View Full Version : DP01-Cosworth vs. Dallara-Honda

pchall
12-09-07, 07:54 PM
I'd heard about the joint Firestone test at Homestead but this is the first mention with any details.

OPEN-WHEEL RACING BRIEFLY REUNITED

After 12 years and several failed attempts by different individuals, the two major open wheel racing series in this country finally got back together.

But it was only for a one-day tire test at Homestead, Fla.

Last Tuesday, the PKV team from Champ Car shared the track with the Indy Racing League's Andretti-Green stable for a Bridgestone/Firestone test.

Oriol Servia and AGR teammates Marco Andretti and Danica Patrick ran together on the 2.3-mile, 11-turn road course inside Homestead-Miami Speedway.

No official times were released but witnesses said Servia's Panoz/Cosworth was about three seconds a lap quicker than AGR's Dallara/Honda, mainly because of the long straightaway.

No media was allowed because, supposedly, neither sanctioning body wanted people to read too much into this brief unification.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/champcar/auto/42007/

Indy
12-09-07, 08:20 PM
A little Cuban birdy said there was a three second gap. And that is a short track.

RusH
12-09-07, 08:50 PM
A little Cuban birdy said there was a three second gap. And that is a short track.

Don`t trust vop ;)

pchall
12-09-07, 08:57 PM

3.2 seconds quoted elsewhere on the test circuit -- which is something like 1.7 miles and as tight as street course in places.

I wonder what the gap would be at Road America?

Spicoli
12-09-07, 09:09 PM
3.2 seconds quoted elsewhere on the test circuit -- which is something like 1.7 miles and as tight as street course in places.

I wonder what the gap would be at Road America?

About as far apart as Danica's last 2 wins. :laugh:

Indy
12-09-07, 10:41 PM
<deleted>

miatanut
12-10-07, 01:56 AM
A question I've had for years:

Is the CCWS Bridgestone and the Earl Firestone the exact same tire?

I don't even know if the wheel sizes are the same, and yes, I know there are different constructions and compounds for different tracks, but are any of them the same construction and compound out of the same molds?

JT265
12-10-07, 08:29 AM

I don't even know if the wheel sizes are the same, and yes, I know there are different constructions and compounds for different tracks, but are any of them the same construction and compound out of the same molds?

At one time they came outta the same mould. Dunno if this is still the same tho'.

gjc2
12-10-07, 08:55 AM
If Servia has swapped seats with one of the AGR drivers would the results have been different?

Ed_Severson
12-10-07, 09:11 AM

I was just having this conversation with an acquaintance at Ganassi about a week ago. Neither of us can be absolutely sure, but we're reasonably certain that the tires are the same. From Bridgestone/Firestone's perspective, I can't see why they wouldn't be.

grungex
12-10-07, 11:37 AM
At one time they came outta the same mould. Dunno if this is still the same tho'.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/grungexx/100_4280a.jpg

miatanut
12-10-07, 01:28 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/grungexx/100_4280a.jpg

I've been that close to a tire on countless occasions and never noticed that. Embarrassing! :thumbup:

NismoZ
12-10-07, 01:48 PM
No kidding, a Firestone Potenza? One more clue that stakeholder pushed remergification is THAT much closer!;) When will we see a Cosworth Dallara?

grungex
12-10-07, 04:10 PM
No kidding, a Firestone Potenza? One more clue that stakeholder pushed remergification is THAT much closer!;) When will we see a Cosworth Dallara?

:rofl:

FWIW, I took that picture two years ago...