PDA

View Full Version : Quick loading CBS news

cameraman
12-06-07, 10:03 PM
This is nice and I don't even own an iPhone.

CBS rolled out an iPhone version of their news site. It is stripped of all clutter and loads just about instantly. Works great using a regular browser.

http://www.cbsnews.com/iphone/#___1__

SteveH
12-07-07, 01:19 AM
There are several sites that have a mobile version. Some have a unique URL, like

m.indystar.com
mobile.theonion.com/content/index
m.und.com

and others like www.wired.com will deliver the page optimized for a mobile when you access it from a mobile and delivers the full content when you access from a PC.

dando
12-07-07, 01:51 AM
There are several sites that have a mobile version. Some have a unique URL, like

m.indystar.com
mobile.theonion.com/content/index
m.und.com

and others like www.wired.com will deliver the page optimized for a mobile when you access it from a mobile and delivers the full content when you access from a PC.

Yup. Before my Axim took a dump, there were several sites I used to visit regularly that rendered automagically: MSNBC, ESPN, Accuweather, CNet, and Google. Even Drudge now has a mobile version @ idrudgereport.com. CNN? Not so much. :saywhat:

Expect the number of mobile supported sites and services to explode over the next year to explode as GOOG and AAPL, among others, duke it out in the mobile market. :thumbup:

-Kevin