PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Must Retool For '08?

NismoZ
12-06-07, 09:54 PM
NASCAB just keeps getting more and MORE expensive! Dodge teams may have to change headlight and tail light decals and put "Charger" on the nose next season. I hope their engineers can pull off this complete changeover to the new car in time to make the grid at Daytona. It's a tough business!:rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
12-06-07, 10:12 PM
There should be a rule that all of your cryptic threads must have a link in them somewhere, or they are immediately deleted. What the hell are you talking about??

pchall
12-06-07, 10:19 PM
Does this dictum apply to 2008 Grand Sham Crapotypes, as well?

Spicoli
12-06-07, 10:21 PM
Does this dictum apply to 2008 Grand Sham Crapotypes, as well?

If no one sees them, does it matter?

Sean Malone
12-07-07, 08:51 AM
There should be a rule that all of your cryptic threads must have a link in them somewhere, or they are immediately deleted. What the hell are you talking about??

Weren't they badges as "avengers" this year? Some "red truck" genius probably realized that the Avenger isn't an intermediate sedan.

NASCAR is a joke. A popular joke, but still....

Easy
12-07-07, 01:25 PM
I think SOG is referring to threads more in this vain:

I heard the 2nd runner up in Nepalese Formula Lada is testing for conquest this week. Will this finally entice penske back to champcar?

TrueBrit
12-07-07, 01:44 PM

I heard the 2nd runner up in Nepalese Formula Lada is testing for conquest this week. Will this finally entice penske back to champcar?

:thumbup: :rofl:

NismoZ
12-07-07, 02:12 PM
SOG. you Ok, buddy? Just funnin' at CRASHCAR's expense. Had no idea anyone would think changing decals to change brands in 'CAB wasn't a joke, at best. Wish I had a tri-star emblem to turn my Mazda into a Mercedes!:gomer:

extramundane
12-07-07, 02:25 PM

Stop being silly.

That's cleary PT's replacement @ Forsythe.

Sean O'Gorman
12-07-07, 04:29 PM
SOG. you Ok, buddy? Just funnin' at CRASHCAR's expense. Had no idea anyone would think changing decals to change brands in 'CAB wasn't a joke, at best. Wish I had a tri-star emblem to turn my Mazda into a Mercedes!:gomer:

All I'm saying is post a damn link when you make one of these threads. Every time I read a thread you start, I go to search speedtv.com, Jayski, ESPN, AR1 (with someone else's subscription, of course :D ) and can find nothing about what you were just talking about.

Insomniac
12-07-07, 04:54 PM
All I'm saying is post a damn link when you make one of these threads. Every time I read a thread you start, I go to search speedtv.com, Jayski, ESPN, AR1 (with someone else's subscription, of course :D ) and can find nothing about what you were just talking about.

Just use a search engine, it's a little faster. :D

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=nascar+dodge+charger&ie=UTF-8

Insomniac
12-07-07, 04:55 PM
Weren't they badges as "avengers" this year? Some "red truck" genius probably realized that the Avenger isn't an intermediate sedan.

When did the Avenger go from a 2 door replacing the Dodge Stealth to a 4 door sedan?

Sean Malone
12-07-07, 05:50 PM
When did the Avenger go from a 2 door replacing the Dodge Stealth to a 4 door sedan?

It replaced the Stratus line.

Sean Malone
12-07-07, 05:52 PM

Hey, I was right. Neato.

NismoZ
12-07-07, 06:51 PM
Yeah Sean, Google New Jersey Motorsports Park, check the '08 events calendar and look at Aug, 29-31. That ought to make you happy.

NismoZ
12-07-07, 07:16 PM
Read recently in a news release (have NO idea where) Thunderbolt Raceway is predicting; 100,000 fans in a 2 month period:) ,The Grand Am Rolex Sportscar Series as the Crown Jewel of the '08 season, exotic Daytona Prototype and GT racers, the most competitive racing series in America, and Superstar drivers like Max Angelelli and Bill Auberlen. Happy yet? Buy a condo there next to the "Shadetree Garages"!;) Sorta makes Autobahn in Joliet look weak, but will the two "loops" be connected?

pchall
12-07-07, 08:46 PM
I wonder if the CoT Avenger headlight and grille decals would have supplied some kind of aerodynamic advantage for Dodge? ;)

http://z.about.com/d/nascar/1/0/e/A/DodgeAvengerLive.jpg

BTW, this is real stock car Dodger Charger. No effin' headlight and grille decals needed.

http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/TorqueOmata4171.jpg

Ankf00
12-07-07, 09:28 PM

ftw

Andrew Longman
12-08-07, 11:16 AM
Yeah Sean, Google New Jersey Motorsports Park, check the '08 events calendar and look at Aug, 29-31. That ought to make you happy.

Thanks. I read a couple of years ago about plans for this but heard nothing since. I think this project is by the same guy that upgraded VIR and he's using the smae business model. Lots of schools, business events, hospitality and condos.

I'll now have a decent place to go karting outdoors. Best I can do is indoors in Valley Forge or outdoors at Englishtown on a so-so track.

stroker
12-08-07, 08:33 PM
http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/TorqueOmata4171.jpg

Sigh...

Yet another reminder of what we've lost....