PDA

View Full Version : a1gp??

High Sided
12-04-07, 11:28 PM
have to admitt this is becoming my fav openwheel series, just great racing. are the teams equal? if so i'd say put robby gordon or tony stewart in for some off season fun and a cple usa podiums:D

opinionated ow
12-05-07, 04:30 AM
from talking to an a1gp driver that I know, the cars are ridiculously difficult to get set-up perfectly. so a good engineer and driver combo is a must. which is why you are seeing teams like lebanon climbing the grid because they now (this season) have a good driver and engineer who are learning the intricacies of the chassis. the racing is bloody good to. sort of like formula 3 with twice the hp

Fio1
12-05-07, 02:52 PM
You have top teams like Astromega run teams like China, which gives them a big advantage. You see them ahead of drivers that are much better then him. This is the reason the US team has struggled at some events as well. Buddy Rice sucks ino, but not that much! At the end of the day, it's like all forms of motor racing, especially junior series', which team you are running with counts a lot.....

Fun racing though, too bad they aren't running in the USA anymore. The Laguna Seca race was great, but posibly the worst promotion I've ever seen. For example; when was the last time you saw a race in California with a Mexican running up front and ZERO Mexican fans in the stands? Shame because Salvador Durran ran a brilliant race to win.

eiregosod
12-05-07, 02:54 PM
A1GP isn't coming cheap. they spend the moolah already, however they have created a series that is worth watching. Like all good things, the hype comes later.

NismoZ
12-05-07, 03:28 PM
Yeah, "Formula Ferrari"...Some in F-1 have a Jr. team, Ferrari will have a Jr. SERIES!:D

High Sided
12-07-07, 05:04 PM
anyone else catch the malaysia race yesterday? lots of action and a 19yr olds return to usa sure made buddy rices stint questionable. summerton qualified row 6 and had a 1st lap shunt with 2 others falling to the back. by the end he was racing for 9th on the last lap, cost him 10th and points but a great return for the usa driver who placed 2nd in the mexico feature race last year at 18yrs old.

jonathan summerton http://www.formulajon.com/

cameraman
12-07-07, 05:23 PM
anyone else catch the malaysia race yesterday?

Where was it broadcast yesterday:saywhat:

High Sided
12-07-07, 05:41 PM
Where was it broadcast yesterday:saywhat:

it was on speed yesterday afternoon, to my suprise they played all 3 races this week. the 1st race promped this post then 2 more in my play list last night, gotta love tivo:)

High Sided
12-07-07, 07:52 PM
catch it tonight

Speed schedule times eastern

Malaysia tonight/sat 3:00AM
Malaysia Tue, Dec 11 2:00PM
China Thu, Dec 27 12:00PM
China Thu, Dec 27 3:00AM
New Zealand Thu, Jan 31 12:00PM
Australia Wed, Feb 6 12:00PM