PDA

View Full Version : Dale Earnardt jnr to V8 Supercars.

emjaya
11-30-07, 09:02 AM
Don't panic, Bubba, he is only visiting. :gomer:

Link (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22842519-5012789,00.html)

NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt Jr will be a surprise spectator at the final round of the V8 Supercar Series at Phillip Island.

emjaya
12-02-07, 07:47 AM
He liked it so much that...

Link (http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/latestnews/newsdisplay.asp?Ind=&author=&gid=32677015)

opinionated ow
12-02-07, 09:21 AM
you have to be able to turn right before you can drive an aussie cab....:rolleyes:

give us tony stewart or jeff gordon first.

oddlycalm
12-02-07, 02:55 PM
The fuel injection and all those things are also remarkable.” Who'da thunk Jr. would have to go to Oz to discover fuel injection on gasoline auto engines. Welcome to 1955... :gomer:

The real irony is that most racing engines outside the US were using fuel injection before Jr. was alive. :shakehead

oc

NismoZ
12-02-07, 05:49 PM
It sounds like he ran away to Australia to relax but he just HAD to see the V-8s run. I don't blame him. I think CRASHCAR has simply become so much work for him that he longs for a time when racing could be just plain FUN again. He sounds like a trapped man sometimes. I'm certain (as noted) there are other drivers better suited to the Aussie style but Jr. could do well on a top team. (and have more fun doing it?)

mueber
12-04-07, 05:54 PM
I think he'd like to road race, but he can't afford it.

pchall
12-04-07, 10:22 PM
I think he'd like to road race, but he can't afford it.

He can probably afford to road race any time he wants. And his new team might be the place to do it -- Hendrick Motorsports fielded the first GM Goodwrench Corvette GTP back in the day and would probably put him in a GT1 Vette whenever he wanted to run.

NismoZ
12-04-07, 11:08 PM
Doc Bundy! (but I think he meant "afford" in the sense that Jr. would likely take a HUGE earnings cut if he left 'Cup entirely)

NismoZ
12-04-07, 11:16 PM
PS...any Youtubes of the Bundy, St. James, Robinson disaster at that Riverside IMSA race? Incredible wreck, no serious injuries, thank God. As I recall Bundy tried to make it 3-wide into 1...not possible!

extramundane
12-05-07, 12:10 AM
PS...any Youtubes of the Bundy, St. James, Robinson disaster at that Riverside IMSA race? Incredible wreck, no serious injuries, thank God. As I recall Bundy tried to make it 3-wide into 1...not possible!

uWa7lHs5XSA

emjaya
06-27-08, 09:25 AM
NASCAR megastar Dale Earnhardt Jnr will race a V8 Supercar at Oran Park in December - his first race in Australia.

Linky (http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/News/NASCAR+superstar+to+make+V8+Supercar+debut.html)

:saywhat: What, the NASCAR season not long enough for him? :\

pchall
06-27-08, 10:34 AM
After 35 weekends in NASCRAP wouldn't you like a nice vacation in OZ and a chance to race a better car?

Linky (http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/News/NASCAR+superstar+to+make+V8+Supercar+debut.html)

:saywhat: What, the NASCAR season not long enough for him? :\

Cam
06-27-08, 07:28 PM
It's "Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series". Not like he can embarrass himself against the likes of Tander, Lowndes etc... :rolleyes:

mueber
07-01-08, 07:42 PM
He's driving in a support series.

Frankly, I like Jr.; it's his fans I can do without. Hope he has fun.

NismoZ
07-01-08, 08:39 PM
ditto

emjaya
07-01-08, 09:00 PM
After 35 weekends in NASCRAP wouldn't you like a nice vacation in OZ and a chance to race a better car?

I live here so I'm biased about that place, but you are probably right about Jnr and the cars.

I saw a snippet of the NASCAR's lurching around Sonora. They did not look good. :yuck:

opinionated ow
07-01-08, 11:09 PM
I live here so I'm biased about that place, but you are probably right about Jnr and the cars.

I saw a snippet of the NASCAR's lurching around Sonora. They did not look good. :yuck:

I sat through the Busch or whatever it is now from Mexico City. They red flagged the race for some oil and took 20 minutes to clear it up and made the drivers sit in their cars in the hot sun! And the red flag was past the 75% mark too-a situation that in any other major series would be end of race