PDA

View Full Version : Forsythe Wasting Little Time

NismoZ
11-29-07, 05:08 PM
Either FPR will indeed be a 3-car effort or they're looking for the best possible kid to push PT. Franck Perera (2nd in Atlantics) will test at Houston soon and they want to look at Pagenaud and Matos as well. I like that. PT, Wilson (perhaps) and any one of those 3 would make a WONderful team! Autosport.

Andrew Longman
11-29-07, 05:40 PM
Matos could help fund the third car.

All three would be good additions if Wilson does come and/or good to move over to PTs seat in time when he retires

Glad to not hear any Mexican for Mexicans sake mentioned (yet)

Spicoli
11-29-07, 08:55 PM
Either FPR will indeed be a 3-car effort or they're looking for the best possible kid to push PT. Franck Perera (2nd in Atlantics) will test at Houston soon and they want to look at Pagenaud and Matos as well. I like that. PT, Wilson (perhaps) and any one of those 3 would make a WONderful team! Autosport.

yeah heard about perera today. lookin good for 3 car team i suppose? you never know with unka gerra.

SteveH
11-29-07, 10:28 PM
In the Autoweek I received today FCR has an ad in for many positions from front office to transport drivers to chief engineer and everything in between. Question is, are these to replace RuSPORT staff or is this to increase the car count?

Ed_Severson
11-29-07, 11:02 PM
In the Autoweek I received today FCR has an ad in for many positions from front office to transport drivers to chief engineer and everything in between. Question is, are these to replace RuSPORT staff or is this to increase the car count?

It's because he fired everybody except Neil Micklewright and PT, apparently. They've been running ads in several trade mags for a while now, and even in the Indianapolis Star. Probably a good chance that a bunch of the recently marginalized end up with their old jobs again, but they're going to have to interview for them like everyone else.

NismoZ
11-29-07, 11:39 PM
Also the IRL has come calling and Perera made it known he'd rather stay in CC even if he has to stay in Atlantics for another season. (with Forsythe of course. This kid's loyalty WILL be rewarded.:thumbup: )

opinionated ow
11-30-07, 03:27 AM
(with Forsythe of course. This kid's loyalty WILL be rewarded.:thumbup: )

guarantee it won't be

NismoZ
11-30-07, 04:42 PM
...or not.:) Bunch of other BIG names testing soon.;) I'm already losing track. Let's see: Perera, Negrao, Moreas...then Ernesto Viso, Venezuela, GP2 6th in '06, Imola winner. Dillon Battistini, current Asia Pacific F-3 champ, both for Minardi.

Spicoli
11-30-07, 04:56 PM
...or not.:) Bunch of other BIG names testing soon.;) I'm already losing track. Let's see: Perera, Negrao, Moreas...then Ernesto Viso, Venezuela, GP2 6th in '06, Imola winner. Dillon Battistini, current Asia Pacific F-3 champ, both for Minardi.

rookie$$$$$$$$$$$$44444444. :D

opinionated ow
11-30-07, 06:49 PM

dillon battistini is pretty damned good. he drove an older model f3 car at the aus gp and matched or bettered many of the newer ones.

NismoZ
11-30-07, 11:24 PM
Good to hear. I was certain you'd know so I didn't bother to ask!:)

NismoZ
12-02-07, 05:41 PM
And Viso is the guy who barrel rolled his GP2 car up, along and over a retaining wall at Magny-Cours, making an oft-viewed YouTube segment. (including here as I recall)

SteveH
12-02-07, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1W8fIkBdWQ

in case you haven't seen it

Easy
12-03-07, 12:19 PM

Are we really considering the Asian F3 champ and a GP2 mid-field to tail-ender big names?

Even Viso and Perera aren't really big names. They have built nice reputations in mainstream development series and are certainly more deserving of a shot than many who have entered the revolving door of Champ Car in recent years. The most impressive title between the two of them is the Brit F3 B Class. I think big name is stretch here.

NismoZ
12-03-07, 01:29 PM
And right you are... again. I thought you'd catch the ;) wink, wink...BUT few here had any idea who Bourdais was when he arrived either, and recently even made fun of guys like Doornbos, Power and Glock so we can always hope CC can land another good one every so often. I'd rather lose 'em to F-1 than GA, A1 or CRASHCAB. I'd even like to see more of those F-1 wannabes and rejects so often maligned here, too. There has to be a few more Justin Wilson's out there. Montagny? Alonso!:D

Ripped
12-04-07, 02:04 PM
Well, FPR is definitely making changes. They just fired their team manager. Phil LePan is gone. Bummer for Phil.:(

Spicoli
12-04-07, 07:01 PM
Well, FPR is definitely making changes. They just fired their team manager. Phil LePan is gone. Bummer for Phil.:(

Damn. Phil's a great guy. Sad to hear the news.

Hesketh
12-05-07, 08:19 AM
Phil's been one of the problems.

Ripped
12-05-07, 11:09 AM
Phil's been one of the problems.

As has a lack of funding. Phil was in a pretty difficult position. He hung in there longer than I expected him to. I certainly hope he finds work soon.

Andrew Longman
12-05-07, 01:16 PM
PT's Mom is saying they are trying to force PT out. :rolleyes:

I don't doubt they can find someone nearly as quick or quicker for less money, but they need to keep some names around.

NismoZ
12-05-07, 01:55 PM
I never understood the 5-yr. deal to begin with.

eiregosod
12-05-07, 01:56 PM
when Viv goes onto CCCP and says that the cabal is trying to force PT out, it makes me say that jerry doesn't owe PT a living. That being said, PT did stand by the series in 2003.

Andrew Longman
12-05-07, 02:33 PM
That being said, PT did stand by the series in 2003.

Yup (though he wasn't exactly welcomed to stay with AGR).

He and Jimmy.

Perhaps he should work out an ownership deal with GF. I'd like to hear his smart remarks for years to come. ;)

Sounds as if the relationship with GF may be beyond that point.

Insomniac
12-05-07, 03:40 PM
PT's Mom is saying they are trying to force PT out. :rolleyes:

I don't doubt they can find someone nearly as quick or quicker for less money, but they need to keep some names around.

Send him to N/H/L and make the fans go nuts. :)

KLang
12-05-07, 03:46 PM
Send him to N/H/L and make the fans go nuts. :)

Now that would be a story. :laugh:

I too appreciate PT's loyalty to the series but his 5 year contract didn't make much sense to me either. Hard to tell from my seat if the lack of results this year was PT or the team.

cameraman
12-05-07, 03:47 PM
Hard to tell from my seat if the lack of results this year was PT or the team.
I'm thinking both...

formulaben
12-05-07, 08:12 PM

I always thought of it as a 2-3 year CC, with the 2-year option in tin tops. But that's me...

Rosco
12-05-07, 10:26 PM

Maybe took Paul 2 seconds for his signature on that paper

Indy
12-06-07, 12:53 AM
Needs more meltdown.

cameraman
12-06-07, 02:12 AM
Actually it doesn't.

Indy
12-06-07, 09:48 AM
Actually it doesn't.

Well, it would to be as funny as the other ones out there. :gomer:

Spicoli
12-06-07, 12:26 PM
Well, it would to be as funny as the other ones out there. :gomer:

there is much hate being projected over the last 24 hrs.

Indy
12-06-07, 12:45 PM
And well deserved. If life is a comedy, this has been one of the punch lines. :rofl:

RHR_Fan
12-06-07, 02:16 PM
there is much hate being projected over the last 24 hrs.

I have yet to look at said hate/forum thread. I saw who started it and didn't even want to look.

~Nicole

nrc
12-08-07, 06:19 PM
Tracy says he'll be back: http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story/?ID=224697&hubname=auto_racing
"I'm not just dicking around out there, coasting around for my pension: I'm trying to get us a championship."

cameraman
12-08-07, 07:02 PM
Tracy says he'll be back: http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story/?ID=224697&hubname=auto_racing

There was a little extra debris in that link.

Spicoli
12-08-07, 07:04 PM
Well, maybe he should tell his mom.

nrc
12-09-07, 01:20 AM
There was a little extra debris in that link.

Fixed, thanks. :thumbup:

Jag_Warrior
12-09-07, 05:30 PM
Well, maybe he should tell his mom.

He seems to be keeping mom and some others in the loop more so than TSN (swiped Autosport article?)

Anteater
12-11-07, 01:54 PM

"Longtime team manager Phil LePan was abruptly let go late last month following 15 years of service and has been replaced by Kenny Siewick of Newman/Haas."
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/42007/

Kenny was such a fixture at NHLR--I'm really surprised to read this!

pchall
12-11-07, 04:47 PM
I'm thinking both...

I'm thinking the compressed spine he got in that freak hit at LB contributed a lot to his woes in 2007.

cameraman
12-11-07, 05:19 PM
I'm thinking the compressed spine he got in that freak hit at LB contributed a lot to his woes in 2007. But that didn't cause him to run out of fuel at the end of that race. I think all involved were well off their game.

robot9000
12-11-07, 05:20 PM
How bout '06, 05, 04, 02, 01, 00, 99, 98, 97.....;)

Insomniac
12-11-07, 09:03 PM
How bout '06, 05, 04, 02, 01, 00, 99, 98, 97.....;)

2003 was the aberration. PT has a long history of winning or crashing trying. I know that's one of the reasons I liked him. He was more concerned with winning the race instead of the championship.

Racing Truth
12-11-07, 09:10 PM
Everybody's right in this thread. PT should NEVER have been given that 5-yr. deal, and I can't blame Forsythe for wanting someone else.

Unfortunately, the contract WAS signed. The way this is going down is more bush-league stuff from an increasingly bush-league series.

formulaben
12-13-07, 03:10 AM
Call me crazy, but I think there's more here than meets the eye. Methinks Unka Gerry knows sumpin that we don't.

Insomniac
12-13-07, 10:11 AM
Call me crazy, but I think there's more here than meets the eye. Methinks Unka Gerry knows sumpin that we don't.

He usually does, but I doubt it is anything significant.

KLang
12-13-07, 10:37 AM
He usually does, but I doubt it is anything significant.

Yep, IMO this will turn out to be much ado about nothing.

Insomniac
12-13-07, 12:39 PM
Yep, IMO this will turn out to be much ado about nothing.

It's something. Someone will have to either flinch or it could get real messy.

NismoZ
12-13-07, 03:02 PM
Knows something? Like, if CC tanks before the opening round he doesn't want to pay PT for 4 more years? ( I know several people who were paid to do nothing because of "ironclad contracts") Plus, remember Gerry bragging about how he "takes care of his drivers" and talked about handshake/oral agreements? Wonder if PT was wearing a wire?

formulaben
12-13-07, 05:26 PM
Knows something? Like, if CC tanks before the opening round he doesn't want to pay PT for 4 more years?

...or changes in ownership? :confused:

Racing Truth
12-13-07, 08:40 PM

K, I'll bite. WHY should we assume this? This is the same Unka Gerry that's been, allegedly, AWOL from the track since June, right? The same Jesus Forsythe that a) didn't feel AJA was worth the big $$ but b) felt PT was, right? Tell me, why should I think he's on top of things?

formulaben
12-13-07, 09:55 PM
K, I'll bite. WHY should we assume this? This is the same Unka Gerry that's been, allegedly, AWOL from the track since June, right? The same Jesus Forsythe that a) didn't feel AJA was worth the big $$ but b) felt PT was, right? Tell me, why should I think he's on top of things?

I'm not saying he's on top of things, in fact quite the opposite. See the above post.

Ripped
12-18-07, 03:51 PM
...or changes in ownership? :confused:

Is CCWS selling everything to Dan Gurney?!?!!?!?!?! :D