PDA

View Full Version : Somehow I think this would NOT be the response at Yankee Stadium

Andrew Longman
11-29-07, 02:31 PM
http://www.break.com/index/crowd-helps-disabled-guy-with-anthem.html

Red Sox still suck, but this is pretty classy

Crap, wrong forum. Please move

TrueBrit
11-29-07, 04:34 PM
Great vid...what a great response from the crowd...

Insomniac
11-29-07, 05:04 PM
http://www.break.com/index/crowd-helps-disabled-guy-with-anthem.html

Good crowd.

Red Sox still suck, but this is pretty classy

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/2007/10/29/RAo3JPEz.jpg

:D

Andrew Longman
11-29-07, 05:47 PM
Good crowd.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/2007/10/29/RAo3JPEz.jpg

:D

No, you don't understand. It doesn't matter who they're playing the bleacher creature cheer is Red Sox Suck! Mets Suck! Let's Go Yankees!

Come to a game sometime :D

39 League Championships
26 World Championship
The most successful team in sports history

Red Sox? Not so much.

Sox fans on the other hand... I've never had a problem with them. Good folks, faithful fans, those I've met.

dando
11-29-07, 06:28 PM
Sox fans on the other hand... I've never had a problem with them. Good folks, faithful fans, those I've met.

As opposed to arrogant bastard Yankees fans...one and all. :p :gomer: ;)

Go Yankees! And take the Mets, Jets, Gints, and Knicks with ya!

-Kevin

emjaya
11-29-07, 07:16 PM
No, you don't understand. It doesn't matter who they're playing the bleacher creature cheer is Red Sox Suck! Mets Suck! Let's Go Yankees!

Come to a game sometime :D

39 League Championships
26 World Championship

Red Sox? Not so much.

What world was that, Mars?

TKGAngel
11-29-07, 08:07 PM
Great video!

AGo Yankees! And take the Mets, Jets, Gints, and Knicks with ya!

-Kevin

Can we add the Rangers and Islanders to that list, too?

The Islanders had the classless moron who yelled "Rangers Suck" during a moment of silence during last year's playoffs (and the Islanders weren't even playing the Rangers at the time).

Ankf00
11-29-07, 08:57 PM
As opposed to arrogant bastard Yankees fans...one and all. :p :gomer: ;)

maybe, but they don't throw unopened beer cans at opposing fans :gomer:

dando
11-29-07, 09:06 PM
Can we add the Rangers and Islanders to that list, too?

I don't consider them pro sports teams (like the Nets). :gomer:

</phlyersfan>

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-29-07, 10:57 PM
As opposed to arrogant bastard Yankees fans...one and all. ;)

It isn't bragging when you actually do it. Jealous :p :D

Go Yankees! And take the Mets, Jets, Gints, and Knicks with ya!

What no Devils and Nets?

Here's the actual run down here. Mets are the working class team in town but decided wannabes as a team and fan base persistantly feeling inferior to the Yanks. That said this is and has always been a National League town

Knicks are thugs and the organization is in shambles. It only matters for the last so many teams because of the legacy and the Garden is the place to be seen if you are a celeb in Manhattan.

Rangers are a mess and mired in the hole Dolan/MSG mess. but they played wll last year for the first time in years.

If you are a real hockey fan around here you know the Devils play the best hockey and now that they play in a decent arena maybe someone will care. Maybe.

Nets, even when they are good no one cares

Jets. Besides Nameth, who cares. Go to a game if you can't get Giant tickets. Mostly younger crowd (punks) and trash from Long Island that simply want to get drunk in the parking lot.

Giant fans are older and generally well informed football fans who have had their tickets for years, sometimes generations. The last several years they've been pretty embarrassed by the cockyness and mouthiness of the team though they've been much better lately. They (and the Maras), unlike the Knicks have no tolorance for late night off the field crap. In their minds the prototype is the 1963 or 86 Giants.

And then their are the Yankees. A complicated high stakes soap oprah played out every day every summer in the Bronx that will often frustrate, but never disappoint. It is the only team in sport EXPECTED to win the series every year and the season is always played out with that sort of desparation every day of the season.

Andrew Longman
11-29-07, 11:12 PM
maybe, but they don't throw unopened beer cans at opposing fans :gomer:

Batteries are the weapon of choice.

It's gotten better since 96 but I remember when Don Imus would routinely declare, "Its handgun night out at the stadium tonight folks..."

And I was at a Righetti's 4 July no hitter and a pregnant woman in my section was his by a stray bullet during the game (She and baby were fine) But the attitude is/was, Can't take it, don't come.

Insomniac
11-30-07, 08:40 AM
39 League Championships
26 World Championship

Red Sox? Not so much.

Year-Two-Thousand! Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap. Year-Two-Thousand! Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap. ;)

dando
11-30-07, 10:24 AM
What no Devils and Nets?

They claim to be from Joisey and not NYC, yo. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
11-30-07, 11:28 AM
If you are a real hockey fan around here you know the Devils play the best hockey and now that they play in a decent arena maybe someone will care. Maybe.

I've heard that the Devils new arena is something to behold, but the seats are still empty since the ticket prices are so high (and the Devils current on-ice performance isn't anything to write home about).

Jets. Besides Nameth, who cares. Go to a game if you can't get Giant tickets. Mostly younger crowd (punks) and trash from Long Island that simply want to get drunk in the parking lot.

Weren't the Jets just in the media for their fans lack of class in encouraging women to flash them?

dando
11-30-07, 11:31 AM
I've heard that the Devils new arena is something to behold, but the seats are still empty since the ticket prices are so high (and the Devils current on-ice performance isn't anything to write home about).

It's also in a wicked part of town. Melrose mentioned that a couple of weeks ago, and Peter King got on him about it in one of his columns. I guess they do have a hefty police presence around the arena for games.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-30-07, 12:02 PM
It's also in a wicked part of town. Melrose mentioned that a couple of weeks ago, and Peter King got on him about it in one of his columns. I guess they do have a hefty police presence around the arena for games.

-Kevin

The "Rock" is an amazing place. Without doubt the best arena in hockey.

Wicked part of town? Well, its Newark.

But its across the street from Newark Penn Station so you can get to it by rail from all over the state. And it backs onto Broad Street which is at the heart of downtown and while the stores and restaurants aren't what the once were, they are getting better. And the area is anchored by Prudential headquarters, campuses for Rutgers-Newark, NJSMD, and a community college.

And there are a lot of cops.

Melrose knows hockey but he's an idiot for whom the closest he's been to Newark is likely the airport. If he lost the mullet he'd be a lot smarter though.

Andrew Longman
11-30-07, 12:04 PM
Weren't the Jets just in the media for their fans lack of class in encouraging women to flash them?

Yup. They've been doing it for quite a while at Gate D at halftime

The cops didn't stop them becuase it wasn't illegal. But they arrested the women that complied because it was.

KaBoom21
11-30-07, 12:05 PM
Just commit to gentrification like Chicago has w/ the area surrounding the United Center.

RIP Chicago Stadium.