PDA

View Full Version : As Long As We're Guessing

NismoZ
11-27-07, 10:05 AM
Who gets paired up with Assen in September? Seems Dec. 4th is a deadline of sorts with the Schedule Approvers. (let's not make THAT mistake again.) Talk centers on Donington Park. Many upgrades there are now complete (?) and little talk from places like Athens and Germany. A 2.5 mi. natural road course. GO for it! TB will be guiding a tour.;) (now TB don't give us a rant about mud and traffic. The mud bowl is supposedly fixed and there likely won't be much traffic anyway!:D )

Andrew Longman
11-27-07, 11:06 AM
Anywhere in the UK would be a good idea given that Legge, Wilson, Speedy Dan are (presumably) in the series. Would help them draw sponsor dollars. Brands Hatch got Manning RAC money for all or most of the season. Could work again.

mapguy
11-27-07, 11:09 AM
Brands Hatch got Manning RAC money for all or most of the season. Could work again.

I thought that it was Rockingham? Didn't he do a one off the year before there with RAC money?

opinionated ow
11-27-07, 11:39 AM
my guess is nowhere...the end of november is a little late in putting together an international calendar for the FIA's World Motorsport Council who generally meet in the first week of December and are unlikely to allow races to be added later on.

Andrew Longman
11-27-07, 11:45 AM
I thought that it was Rockingham? Didn't he do a one off the year before there with RAC money?

I think you are right. Walker or somebody fielded an extra car for him.

The next year he started with RAC sponsorship but I seem to remember it coming off towards the end of the season.

TrueBrit
11-27-07, 01:05 PM
Who gets paired up with Assen in September? Seems Dec. 4th is a deadline of sorts with the Schedule Approvers. (let's not make THAT mistake again.) Talk centers on Donington Park. Many upgrades there are now complete (?) and little talk from places like Athens and Germany. A 2.5 mi. natural road course. GO for it! TB will be guiding a tour.;) (now TB don't give us a rant about mud and traffic. The mud bowl is supposedly fixed and there likely won't be much traffic anyway!:D )

Donington is a nice enough circuit, but pretty far from my home base in the UK....A return to Brands would be perfect, but only if they use the GP circuit...and iirc there were some FIA issues with safety that I am unaware of having been addressed/fixed...

Gnam
11-27-07, 02:10 PM
How about a track that's two miles long, roughly figure-of-eight-shaped and packed with awkward corners laid out on an old aerodrome field in Surrery, England?

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2546/01largeuf3.jpg

extramundane
11-27-07, 02:21 PM
How about a track that's two miles long, roughly figure-of-eight-shaped and packed with awkward corners laid out on an old aerodrome field in Surrery, England?

$10 says PKV drops a regular driver to put The Stig in the car.

G.
11-27-07, 02:27 PM
$10 says PKV drops a regular driver to put The Stig in the car.Needs more 'Mericans. Better get Fat Stig.

TrueBrit
11-27-07, 02:57 PM
Better get Fat Stig.:rofl: :thumbup:

Dirk Diggler
11-27-07, 03:30 PM

The Croydon Aerodrome?

Gnam
11-27-07, 05:43 PM
Dunsfold Aerodrome.

diamond dave
11-27-07, 08:15 PM
I think you are right. Walker or somebody fielded an extra car for him.

The next year he started with RAC sponsorship but I seem to remember it coming off towards the end of the season.

thinking it was a Coyne oneoffy

Jag_Warrior
11-28-07, 09:10 AM
$10 says PKV drops a regular driver to put The Stig in the car.

Cool! We need "name" drivers... even if they have no name. :tony:

NismoZ
11-28-07, 01:29 PM
How 'bout Mario Moraes, then? (British F-3) Another Brazillionaire? (Negrao at Rocketsports) Testing for Coyne today at Sebring. I'd say Legge's seat is up for grabs. No pun. Oh, OK, PUN.

stroker
11-28-07, 11:21 PM
Is there a BRIDGE somewhere on that mofo?