PDA

View Full Version : 'necks up in arms about 'Yoda

Napoleon
05-11-03, 08:11 AM
Washingtom Post story on how NASCAB fans don't like the idea of those Japanesee coming to play in their sandbox.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40179-2003May10.html

cart7
05-11-03, 08:40 AM
Panic is already setting in and Toyota hasn't turned a wheel yet. :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
05-11-03, 01:51 PM
Some of the comments I've been hearing about Toyota in NASCAR are absolutely pathetic. If there are fans who can't stand a company owned by Asians winning in NASCAR, I hope those fans leave the sport.

RTKar
05-11-03, 02:35 PM
..I like the part about the south being wrapped up in the American flab, hell they're the ones that wanted to secede and still have the rebel "stars and bars" on state flags....It would be kinda fun watching the NASCAR rules folks and Toyota going at it on a weekly basis.

racer2c
05-11-03, 10:47 PM
...and yet the reason quite a few of the teams are there is because the owners own Japanese car dealerships (Hendrick).

cartmanoz
05-12-03, 07:19 AM
I'd be worried if I were NASCAR. Toyota have the money to wipe the floor with them...

But we Aussies are just as concerned about Mitsubishi joining our V8 Supercar championship against Holden and Ford.

IlliniRacer
05-12-03, 10:12 AM
I wonder how many of those "'necks" from Georgetown, KY are complaining about how bad Toyota is?

Treeface
05-12-03, 11:33 AM
The dimwits in the South Carolina Legislature were going to ban all things French untill they were reminded of the multi-billion dollar investments in manufacuturing Michelin has made in the state.

"manufacuturing" spelled like a real son of the South :gomer:

cart7
05-12-03, 11:38 AM
Someone needs to remind them who owns Dodge now.

Sean O'Gorman
05-12-03, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by cartmanoz
I'd be worried if I were NASCAR. Toyota have the money to wipe the floor with them...

But we Aussies are just as concerned about Mitsubishi joining our V8 Supercar championship against Holden and Ford.

What car does Mitsu have that is eligible?

cartmanoz
05-13-03, 04:01 AM
Dunno, but they are interested and apparently want to join as soon as possible. That's all I know.