PDA

View Full Version : No Prodrive in 2008

jonovision_man
11-23-07, 10:40 AM
No customer cars, no Prodrive:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071123151537.shtml

I wonder if any of the other teams that bid for that spot on the grid would be able to be a true manufacturer, develop a car and make the grid. Seems like an insurmountable task that can only be reasonably achieved by a big manufacturer.

jono

Rogue Leader
11-23-07, 12:11 PM
The way they (FIA) are treating teams that want to come in is ridiculous, and the teams aren't helping. Do they really want F1 to turn into a shadow of its former self a'la Champcar?

dando
11-23-07, 12:40 PM
The way they (FIA) are treating teams that want to come in is ridiculous, and the teams aren't helping. Do they really want F1 to turn into a shadow of its former self a'la Champcar?

No worries. I'm sure Max and Bernie have a vision. :tony: :saywhat:

-Kevin

opinionated ow
11-23-07, 08:13 PM

prodrive bought the f1 licence on the understanding they would be able to buy customer cars. prodrive should sue them....(and this from someone who hates litigation)

coolhand
11-26-07, 01:03 AM
I still think it is amazing how th FIA can manage all of motor sport by fiat.

Cam
11-26-07, 07:55 AM
I think David Richards and Tom Walkinshaw were separated at birth.;)

opinionated ow
11-26-07, 07:56 AM
I think David Richards and Tom Walkinshaw were separated at birth.;)

david richards got the brain.....

Cam
11-26-07, 08:01 AM
david richards got the brain.....

Maybe... But I wouldn't trust either as far as I could toss them.

Andrew Longman
11-26-07, 11:26 AM
So what's at issue? The new Concorde agreement has been delayed and so they are operating off the old one that doesn't allow customer cars (but does allow Jr teams to run their parent team's chassis)?

Keeping up with FIa politics makes my head hurt.