PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

trish
11-22-07, 12:57 PM
Any of you wait in line for the door busters?

Wabbit
11-22-07, 01:36 PM
Haven't found anything worth waiting in line for.

My wife says I am spoiled and picky. I hate cheap crap.

KLang
11-22-07, 01:38 PM
No Way! :eek:

I won't set foot in a mall until after New Years.

I do most shopping through the web these days.

trish
11-22-07, 01:58 PM
I was going to do it, but the store I was headed to put the black friday deal online and I was able to grab it before it sold out. I'm now the proud owner of a TomTom One LE gps for $120 before tax (shipping is free). :) This is just my entry level model until I figure out what I really want.

dando
11-22-07, 02:28 PM
I was going to do it, but the store I was headed to put the black friday deal online and I was able to grab it before it sold out. I'm now the proud owner of a TomTom One LE gps for $120 before tax (shipping is free). :) This is just my entry level model until I figure out what I really want.

Tom Tom is OK. I bought one a few mos. ago and we've taken it on a couple of trips. It got totally confused about the route I took from Cbus to Hilton Head in SE Ohiya. For some reason it did not have state route 33 properly mapped and kept going off course (it was literally trying to go over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house) . This despite the fact that route 33 has not been reconfigured for several years. :saywhat: It also took us the wrong way when we reached our destination @ the hotel in Statesville, NC (left turn rather than right turn). Otherwise it's been reliable. Oh, and I wish it did a better job of marking rest stops along the interstates. A must with three chicks in a car for 10 hours. FYI.

And no, I won't go to any stores tomorrow. Period. Despite the fact that the dreaded Best Buy has a Canon Rebel XTi package (camera w/lens, extra lens, case, 2nd battery) for 7 bills.

-Kevin

TravelGal
11-22-07, 03:03 PM
I went once. Mostly because TravelGuy kids that I drop before I shop. Now that they've moved the opening hour to 4 AM :eek: :eek: .........

That and the availability of online deals made me decided that is is basically masochistic to stand in line that early.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

trish
11-22-07, 03:03 PM
Tom Tom is OK. I bought one a few mos. ago and we've taken it on a couple of trips. It got totally confused about the route I took from Cbus to Hilton Head in SE Ohiya. For some reason it did not have state route 33 properly mapped and kept going off course (it was literally trying to go over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house) . This despite the fact that route 33 has not been reconfigured for several years. :saywhat: It also took us the wrong way when we reached our destination @ the hotel in Statesville, NC (left turn rather than right turn). Otherwise it's been reliable. Oh, and I wish it did a better job of marking rest stops along the interstates. A must with three chicks in a car for 10 hours. FYI.

And no, I won't go to any stores tomorrow. Period. Despite the fact that the dreaded Best Buy has a Canon Rebel XTi package (camera w/lens, extra lens, case, 2nd battery) for 7 bills.

-KevinYou talking about this camera? (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=999980700050021&type=product&id=pcmprd80600050021) Why don't you do what I did and buy it online before it sells out?

edit: The ad doesn't say it's an XTi though. http://bfads.net/7026069

And thanks for the info on the TomTom.

Sean O'Gorman
11-22-07, 03:27 PM
My phone started ringing around 6:30 AM, with voice mails from Stu about what HDTVs I should buy. :rolleyes:

I'm going to a local appliance/electronics store tomorrow morning around 8-9 AM and buying a TV, because I can't deal with crowds.

dando
11-22-07, 03:51 PM
You talking about this camera? (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=999980700050021&type=product&id=pcmprd80600050021) Why don't you do what I did and buy it online before it sells out?

edit: The ad doesn't say it's an XTi though. http://bfads.net/7026069

And thanks for the info on the TomTom.

BBY deals are only available in store. I swore buying anything from BBY several years ago after a bad experience with them. There are tons of horror stories about BBY tactics and service. :saywhat: Street price for the XT series are coming down fast since Canon just released a new prosumer dSLR

-Kevin

dando
11-22-07, 03:52 PM
My phone started ringing around 6:30 AM, with voice mails from Stu about what HDTVs I should buy. :rolleyes:

I'm going to a local appliance/electronics store tomorrow morning around 8-9 AM and buying a TV, because I can't deal with crowds.

Just remember that if it's not visible from space, it's not worth the jack. :gomer:

-Kevin

trish
11-22-07, 04:25 PM
BBY deals are only available in store. I swore buying anything from BBY several years ago after a bad experience with them. There are tons of horror stories about BBY tactics and service. :saywhat: Street price for the XT series are coming down fast since Canon just released a new prosumer dSLR

-Kevin

Some of the doorbusters are available online, including the camera I posted in that link. But if you think you can get it cheaper, hold out.

Insomniac
11-22-07, 04:39 PM
Anyone planning to get a PS3, Wal-Mart will have the 80GB plus 10 free Blu-Ray movies for $500 on Saturday. The only catch is each movie has to be <$30.

cameraman
11-22-07, 04:59 PM
The 75-300 zoom they are packaging with that Rebel is the absolute bottom of Canon's line.
It is a true case of you get what you pay for...

Ankf00
11-22-07, 05:09 PM
I do most shopping through the web these days. teh interweb ftw. :thumbup:

TravelGal
11-22-07, 06:37 PM
Just to toss out, I've had nothing but good luck with Best Buy. Took my Sony Cybershot in for the service contract I bought. They took it with a smile, sent it out, got it back, still smiling. No bumps, no hassles, no problems.

racermike
11-23-07, 03:32 PM
I bought my 50% off socks today at Fred Meyer/Kroger

Still looking around for a DIVX/AVI capable DVD player for cheap

Stu
11-23-07, 03:44 PM
Anyone planning to get a PS3, Wal-Mart will have the 80GB plus 10 free Blu-Ray movies for $500 on Saturday. The only catch is each movie has to be <$30.

buy the cheapest ps3 you can find. its just a laptop hard drive in there anyway. you can put whatever size you want in it for a lot less once you get home.

Sean O'Gorman
11-23-07, 06:11 PM
46" 1080p Sony FTW

LSU losing to an unranked team never looked so awesome.

Rogue Leader
11-23-07, 06:15 PM
buy the cheapest ps3 you can find. its just a laptop hard drive in there anyway. you can put whatever size you want in it for a lot less once you get home.

Yeah but the 40gb one also doesnt have the memory card slots and only two USB ports (as opposed to 4).

Don Quixote
11-23-07, 06:19 PM
46" 1080p Sony FTW

Nice. :cool:

Insomniac
11-23-07, 10:55 PM

I won't be getting one, but the main point was the 10 free movies. The PS3 itself is regular price.

mapguy
11-24-07, 09:22 AM
I just worked my first Black Friday. Holy crap. I worked from 5am-2pm. As I pulled in to start my day there was a lineup around the corner to get into the Staples next door. Looked over at the WalMart lot and it was packed.

Never thought that it would be too busy at work. I knew that Tool World and the seasonal depts would get slammed. I was wrong. :irked: Some guy bought his wife a new power-flusing toilet. Another guy bought his wife a new kitchen faucet with a pull-out sprayer.

These guys won't be getting any on Christmas...

:D

Cam
11-24-07, 08:49 PM
46" 1080p Sony FTW

Do your parents get to watch it too? :p

extramundane
11-24-07, 09:50 PM
Do your parents get to watch it too? :p

His parents let him watch it.

Sean O'Gorman
11-24-07, 10:06 PM
I haven't lived at home for five months, dopes. :tony:

Cam
11-25-07, 06:27 PM

I'm shocked!!! There was no self congratulatry post about it. :gomer: :D

nissan gtp
11-25-07, 06:36 PM

when do you get out ?

trish
11-11-10, 04:13 PM
I just read that Target will be selling some appliances for $3 (linky) (http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-111272-7383-6-target-trots-out-3-appliances-on-black-Friday?ywaad=ad0035&nc). I also usually check out this site (http://bfads.net/) which manages to get copies of the ads. So what's the hot gift this Christmas?

Methanolandbrats
11-11-10, 04:19 PM
The only door busting I do is opening my front door to pick up the packages from Amazon. **** driving around and shopping in actual stores. :yuck: I don't think I went to any stores last Christmas except Walgreens to buy thoughtful gifts from their extensive gift card center and the liquor store for many beers and some wine. :D

Elmo T
11-11-10, 04:24 PM
So what's the hot gift this Christmas?

I will let you know when my kids ask - it is usually something we've never heard of AND it will be impossible to find. :saywhat: Plenty will be available in February though. :flame::laugh:

Spent the last couple Thanksgivings in Disney - not missing the Black Friday madness. :thumbup:

Home this year though, so I will likely be one of the early risers. :yuck:

racer2c
11-11-10, 04:43 PM
I just read that Target will be selling some appliances for $3 (linky) (http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-111272-7383-6-target-trots-out-3-appliances-on-black-Friday?ywaad=ad0035&nc). I also usually check out this site (http://bfads.net/) which manages to get copies of the ads. So what's the hot gift this Christmas?

Kinect and iPad

oddlycalm
11-11-10, 04:57 PM
Once the kids hit 30 they seemed to be well over the Christmas morning thing and the shopping was minimal. By the time they hit 40 all they want to do is sit by the fire with a hot toddy and put their feet up and doze. For gifts I try to find some little curiosity that will elicit a few giggles.

oc

racer2c
11-11-10, 05:11 PM
Once the kids hit 30 they seemed to be well over the Christmas morning thing and the shopping was minimal. By the time they hit 40 all they want to do is sit by the fire with a hot toddy and put their feet up and doze. For gifts I try to find some little curiosity that will elicit a few giggles.

oc

My 20 year old only wants cash and when I put a stack in one hand, she holds out the other. :irked: I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to her graduating college! It helps we like the same Xbox games though! We'll get one and share.

Methanolandbrats
11-11-10, 05:57 PM
My 20 year old only wants cash and when I put a stack in one hand, she holds out the other. :irked: I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to her graduating college! It helps we like the same Xbox games though! We'll get one and share.

Then she moves back home :D

TrueBrit
11-11-10, 06:13 PM
The Spousal Unit and I were out and about last Saturday and I got dragged into going to retail shopping areas and bugger me if they weren't jammed solid...the economic experts might say that things are in the crapper but judging by the amount of retail-therapy going on I'd say they're full of crap...

Thinking of buying an Xbox with that kinect thingy...or should I go with PS3?

Xmas is usually very simple for me though, something sparkly for the missus and something that can be exchanged for the kid and I'm all set..

racer2c
11-11-10, 06:24 PM
The Spousal Unit and I were out and about last Saturday and I got dragged into going to retail shopping areas and bugger me if they weren't jammed solid...the economic experts might say that things are in the crapper but judging by the amount of retail-therapy going on I'd say they're full of crap...

Xmas is usually very simple for me though, something sparkly for the missus and something that can be exchanged for the kid and I'm all set..

Do you have a BluRay player? If not...go PS3. If you do, I recommend the 360.

racer2c
11-11-10, 06:27 PM
Then she moves back home :D

She'd rather buy all her clothes at Target than move back home. I've even offered!!:D

Methanolandbrats
11-11-10, 06:29 PM
She'd rather buy all her clothes at Target than move back home. I've even offered!!:D

I've got twin daughters who are freshman in college, you had to mention clothes :mad:............. ;)

cameraman
11-11-10, 06:40 PM
I've got twin daughters who are freshman in college, you had to mention clothes :mad:............. ;)

My sons loves the Toughskins I got him at Sears for $7.99 each:D

Steve99
11-11-10, 06:48 PM

I don't think political discussions are allowed in this forum. :)

emjaya
11-11-10, 07:38 PM

Get both.... ;)

rosawendel
11-11-10, 07:44 PM
if you can't buy it on the interwebs, i don't want it.

oddlycalm
11-11-10, 10:58 PM
I don't think I went to any stores last Christmas except Walgreens to buy thoughtful gifts from their extensive gift card center and the liquor store for many beers and some wine. :D
Yeah, the bloom was off the retail rose for me with the invention of malls. :yuck: The town I grew up in had a great retail district with good products, nice people and comfortable stores that malls effectively killed off. I shifted to mailorder and when etail came of age I never looked back. I'd rather take a beating than set foot in a mall or a chain store. I recall walking through a Kmart back in the mid-70's and out of the entire store there wasn't a single thing I would buy outside of motor oil which I could get 20 miles closer to home and for less money at the farm co-op.

oc

stroker
11-11-10, 10:58 PM
I don't have enough money to worry about Black Friday. Or any other day for that matter...

G.
11-12-10, 12:53 AM

I bought the 360 with Kinect last Sunday.

I can't give a full review yet, but the Kinect is what Wii wanted to be. Damn thing recognizes your face.

Two things about the 360 that I didn't know, they don't give you the component video cable in the box. Sales dude said it was in there, but it only had the composite. My TV only has 2 HDMI (Sat and BluRay filled those), so I need the component for HD.

Other thing, you gotta pay for Live to get any streaming movies. I really wanted to avoid Live for a while at least. I don't game enough to play nice with others, and the g's are too young. I haven't signed up for the free trial yet, so I don't know what I'm missing I guess. I did get connect to the network, and when I popped in a disc it DL'ed an update, which works for me.

I'll give an update here (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16859) when my kids let me play...

Indy
11-12-10, 02:11 AM
Someone told me Walmart is doing $200 laptops this year. Anyone have any info on that?

Insomniac
11-12-10, 03:20 PM
Sales dude said it was in there, but it only had the composite. My TV only has 2 HDMI (Sat and BluRay filled those), so I need the component for HD.

They often mistake composite (Red/White/Yellow) for the component. It's crazy that HD consoles don't come with an HD cable of some sort or no cable so you can buy the one you need.

G.
11-12-10, 03:38 PM
They often mistake composite (Red/White/Yellow) for the component. It's crazy that HD consoles don't come with an HD cable of some sort or no cable so you can buy the one you need.

The sales guy said that they included the 8-lead cable for both compos and compon. That cable exists, but not in the box. Stupid. (I guess I'm used to HDMI not being included :irked:)

What's really messed up, I went to Gamestop to buy a game and a cable. The kid at the counter told me that MS stopped making them. I've seen them in stores, several places, for $39.99. I was looking for a knock-off for $$waycheaper anyway.

The kid insisted that Microsoft stopped making them, even after I told him to look at xbox.com (you can buy them there). He even asked someone else in the store.

Now it's expected to have ignorant kid sales people working the autoparts, pharmacy, etc., counters, but dammit! If you want knowledge on video games, kids ARE your experts!

Why would MS stop making a killing on an accessory that you really need to have?

racer2c
11-12-10, 03:54 PM
The sales guy said that they included the 8-lead cable for both compos and compon. That cable exists, but not in the box. Stupid. (I guess I'm used to HDMI not being included :irked:)

What's really messed up, I went to Gamestop to buy a game and a cable. The kid at the counter told me that MS stopped making them. I've seen them in stores, several places, for $39.99. I was looking for a knock-off for $$waycheaper anyway.

The kid insisted that Microsoft stopped making them, even after I told him to look at xbox.com (you can buy them there). He even asked someone else in the store.

Now it's expected to have ignorant kid sales people working the autoparts, pharmacy, etc., counters, but dammit! If you want knowledge on video games, kids ARE your experts!

Why would MS stop making a killing on an accessory that you really need to have?

I probably have one somewhere you can have if you haven't gotten one yet.

G.
11-12-10, 03:57 PM
I probably have one somewhere you can have if you haven't gotten one yet.

Thanks, but I did buy the knockoff one, $15, instead of MS's mythical $40 one. :D

emjaya
11-12-10, 08:11 PM
Someone told me Walmart is doing $200 laptops this year. Anyone have any info on that?

Yes. (http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/world/laptop-computers-should-not-be-used-in-laps/story-e6frfkui-1225948746019)

Insomniac
11-13-10, 01:36 PM
Thanks, but I did buy the knockoff one, $15, instead of MS's mythical $40 one. :D

For anyone else, MonoPrice sells video game system cables (not officially licensed by the manufacturer) for dirt cheap. I got one for my Wii and had no problems.

SurfaceUnits
11-13-10, 05:19 PM
Yes. (\"http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/world/laptop-computers-should-not-be-used-in-laps/story-e6frfkui-1225948746019\")

I remind my wife of this evertime she wants me to do something strenous resulting in perspiration

racer2c
11-13-10, 09:07 PM
For anyone else, MonoPrice sells video game system cables (not officially licensed by the manufacturer) for dirt cheap. I got one for my Wii and had no problems.

Good tip. Thanks!

dando
11-19-10, 10:52 AM
Looks like Malone is already waiting in line for Black Friday.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/story.aspx?storyid=157294&catid=250

St. Petersburg, Florida -- Forget just being first in line. These folks are the first in the nation to start camping out at a Best Buy store in search of Black Friday deals.

:gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

racer2c
11-19-10, 11:17 AM
Looks like Malone is already waiting in line for Black Friday.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/story.aspx?storyid=157294&catid=250

:gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

That's FL! :shakehead Christmas is in full swing here now. All stores are decorated to the hilt and the muzac has 'Santa Baby' in full rotation. :yuck:

SteveH
11-25-10, 02:08 AM
Download Black Friday deal spreadsheet (http://www.dealsvista.com/redirect/55152/10.link)

knock yourself out

Elmo T
11-25-10, 12:37 PM
Toys R Us apparently opens at 10PM tonight? :saywhat:

Shipping the better half off tonight - iPod touch gets you a $50 gift card and we need two.

Hit two different stores last night and got two $10 gift cards on purchase. Every bit helps. ;)

TKGAngel
11-25-10, 01:06 PM
There are some Starbucks locations that open at 11pm tonight and are open until 11pm tomorrow night.

Macys has 40% off the Keurig coffee makers tomorrow. I'm debating whether to haul out of bed and attempt to get one for me or just ask Santa for it.

G.
11-25-10, 03:11 PM
Macys has 40% off the Keurig coffee makers tomorrow. I'm debating whether to haul out of bed and attempt to get one for me or just ask Santa for it.

Note about the Keurig, it makes a pretty darn good cuppa, every single time (once you find your flavors), but it IS pretty expensive for the cups. I use mine every day, love it, but I guess I am willing to spend the ~$ 0.50 per cup price. The convenience and the consistency are worth it to me. I would drink less coffee if I didn't have it.

I've never tried the basket filter for your own grounds. Heard that it doesn't do so well.

Just so you know.

racer2c
11-25-10, 03:19 PM
Note about the Keurig, it makes a pretty darn good cuppa, every single time (once you find your flavors), but it IS pretty expensive for the cups. I use mine every day, love it, but I guess I am willing to spend the ~$ 0.50 per cup price. The convenience and the consistency are worth it to me. I would drink less coffee if I didn't have it.

I've never tried the basket filter for your own grounds. Heard that it doesn't do so well.

Just so you know.

Yeah...I have a Breville (http://www.brevilleusa.com/coffee/gourmet-single-cup-brewer.html) which I like. Auto brew settings, basket filter (which I have yet to make a decent cup from), various cup size settings, ice setting etc. I made the mistake of not unpacking my old standard coffee maker a few weekends ago when the in-laws where here. Went through $40 of K-Cups in two days!!!!:eek: But I love it in the mornings...30 seconds and I have my coffee. I found the Green Mountain French Roast to be the most full bodied they have.

TKGAngel
11-25-10, 03:35 PM

Just so you know.

I know. I'm single and I do have a regular coffee pot, but it just seems like such a PITA to make more coffee than I need if I only want one cup. And I like my boss's idea of using the BB&B coupons to buy the k-cups.

cameraman
11-25-10, 04:22 PM
to make more coffee than I need if I only want one cup.

I have never heard of this concept of "only one cup". I can't comprehend what you mean.

dando
11-25-10, 04:41 PM
For a Keurig, I highly recommend Caribou coffee available @ Sam's and Costco. If you prefer other blends, check out the sales @ Kohl's, when you can find 30% discounts @ least quarterly ($7 per 18 packs on Newman's, Seattle's Best, Green Mountain, Caribou, etc.). Of course I just bought some for the Mrs. for Xmas, but she has switched to tea since being ill for a month a few weeks ago. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
11-25-10, 04:42 PM
Yeah...I have a Breville (http://www.brevilleusa.com/coffee/gourmet-single-cup-brewer.html) which I like. Auto brew settings, basket filter (which I have yet to make a decent cup from), various cup size settings, ice setting etc. I made the mistake of not unpacking my old standard coffee maker a few weekends ago when the in-laws where here. Went through $40 of K-Cups in two days!!!!:eek: But I love it in the mornings...30 seconds and I have my coffee. I found the Green Mountain French Roast to be the most full bodied they have.

Uh oh. How old are they? A lot of old-timers end up on decaf, so they make up for the lack of a buzz with volume. I've got old relatives that drink decaf all day, I mean gallons of the stuff :eek: You better tell em that machine broke before they reach that stage. :D

G.
11-25-10, 05:01 PM
I'm single and I do have a regular coffee pot, but it just seems like such a PITA to make more coffee than I need if I only want one cup. And I like my boss's idea of using the BB&B coupons to buy the k-cups.
Then it's perfect for you.

I know.
Then my work here is done. :)

Green Mtn Sumatra, French, Italian, Kona (almost has real Kona in it!).
Anything Extra Bold.

The tea, cocoa, etc., is not worth it. Make a cup of hot water and dunk a bag, mix a powder, whatever.

trish
11-26-10, 10:03 AM
I miss coffee. :(

Just purchased the red Wii bundle from Amazon. I'll mainly use it for my netflix streaming to tv and try out the two games that come with it. It was $200 and free 2 day shipping.

TKGAngel
11-26-10, 12:21 PM
I ended up not going to Macy's this morning for the coffee maker. It was pouring rain and windy. I'm not a fan of waiting outside the mall in the pouring rain.

trish
11-26-10, 01:33 PM
I ended up not going to Macy's this morning for the coffee maker. It was pouring rain and windy. I'm not a fan of waiting outside the mall in the pouring rain.

Your Keurig is 40% off at the Macy's website. http://www1.macys.com/search/index.ognc?SearchTarget=*&Keyword=keurig

Use promo code: GIFTS for free shipping.

edit: I just checked and the prices don't reflect the discount until you add it to your shopping bag.

Indy
11-26-10, 02:52 PM
I was standing in line behind hundreds of people people at 5 AM. Stoooo-pid me. :rofl:

But I got the stuff I wanted. :thumbup:

stroker
11-26-10, 04:16 PM
I was standing in line behind hundreds of people people at 5 AM. Stoooo-pid me. :rofl:

But I got the stuff I wanted. :thumbup:

what, diapers?

:D

extramundane
11-26-10, 04:51 PM
I'm proud to say that the extent of my shopping today was buying more ice for cocktails.

cameraman
11-26-10, 05:12 PM
As the ice maker in my frig actually works, I didn't even do that:D

TravelGal
11-26-10, 06:11 PM
There are some Starbucks locations that open at 11pm tonight and are open until 11pm tomorrow night.

Good thing I didn't know this yesterday. I'm ignoring the fact that I could buy it online today. :D

BTW, if you want an amusing few minutes, check out the George Clooney commercials for Nespresso on You Tube.

trish
11-23-11, 10:43 PM
It's that time again! I've been thinking about getting a Kindle and Staples has the Kindle Touch 3G + Wi-Fi for $149. You get a $20 Staples gift card after a rebate.

trish
11-24-11, 08:46 AM
Staples has an LG 32" widescreen LED tv for $300. Is this a good deal? I still have an older style tv so it would be a huge step up for me, but maybe there is something better out there.

More info
32" Class LED LCD TV
Resolution 1366 x 768
Contrast ratio 100,000:1
Response time 9ms
Inputs: 2 x HDMI; 1 x D-Sub; 1 x USB 2.0; 1 x Component In (Y, Pb, Pr) + Audio
Wall Mountable Vesa (100mm x 100mm)

http://www.staples.com/LG-32-1080p-Class-LED-LCD-TV/product_368697&cmArea=CIRCULAR

SurfaceUnits
11-24-11, 11:43 AM
For $300??? as Andre 3000 would say,,,helll ya!

It is an exact replacement for a 27" CRT TV

Staples has an LG 32" widescreen LED tv for $300. Is this a good deal? I still have an older style tv so it would be a huge step up for me, but maybe there is something better out there.

More info
32" Class LED LCD TV
Resolution 1366 x 768
Response time 9ms

http://www.staples.com/LG-32-1080p-Class-LED-LCD-TV/product_368697&cmArea=CIRCULAR

cameraman
11-24-11, 12:28 PM

More info
32" Class LED LCD TV
Resolution 1366 x 768
Response time 9ms

I follow that link and I'm seeing the LG 32LV2400 listed at $599. You can get it at NewEgg for $299.00 w/ free shipping. LED backlighting for $300... that was $3000 a couple of years ago. I'm thinking the built-in sound might be a little weak but you can easily hook it up to your stereo. You won't do any better at that price point and if you are still using a standard definition tube then it is well worth buying.

trish
11-24-11, 12:42 PM
I follow that link and I'm seeing the LG 32LV2400 listed at $599. You can get it at NewEgg for $299.00 w/ free shipping. LED backlighting for $300... that was $3000 a couple of years ago. I'm thinking the built-in sound might be a little weak but you can easily hook it up to your stereo. You won't do any better at that price point and if you are still using a standard definition tube then it is well worth buying.

It won't be $300 until tomorrow. Check out the flyer. http://weeklyad.staples.com/staples/default.aspx?action=entryflash&adref=&icid=HP:HP:XLPB:BLACK_:NULL:20111120:1

Here is another tv that is on sale right now. $345 for 32" 1080p (http://www.staples.com/LG-32LK330-32-1080p-LCD-TV/product_353900)

Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080p
Image Contrast Ratio 100,000:1
Input Signal HDMI, Component, RF, USB 2.0
Speakers 1 Way 2 Speakers
Dimensions 35.9"W x 25.2"H x 10.4"D
Weight 28.2 lbs
Warranty 1 year limited

32" HD LCD display
Resolution 1366 x 768
Contrast ratio 70,000:1
ENERGY STAR® Qualified
Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture
LG's ISFccc Ready HDTVs contain the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration
Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration)
Dolby® Digital Decoder
Dimensions 31.5"W x 22.2"H x 8.1"D (With Stand), 31.5" x 20.0" x 2.9" (No Stand)
1 year limited warranty

cameraman
11-24-11, 01:16 PM
I saw that one. It is an interesting choice. If you go to the LG web site (http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/televisions/index.jsp) you can directly compare the two TVs.
The 32LV2400 (http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-led-tv-32LV2400.jsp) vs the 32LK330 (http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-32LK330.jsp).
It will even make a nice pdf file of the match up.

It is an interesting choice. The 32LV2400 might have the better picture with the brighter LED backlighting but the 32LK330 has more electronic bells & whistles and probably a bit better internal sound. I'd have to look at them side by side to make the choice.

G.
11-24-11, 01:31 PM
Don't know the quality, but 42" Sharp for $200.00 at Best Buy.

Might be one of those camp-out deals, not sure.

it's worth doing some research on. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-+42%26%2334%3B+Class+/+LCD+/+1080p+/+60Hz+/+HDTV/3142087.p?id=1218379763676&skuId=3142087&st=LC-42SV49U&cp=1&lp=1&AID=10474050&PID=2187655&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FSharp%2B-%2B42%2526%252334%253B%2BClass%2B%2F%2BLCD%2B%2F%2 B1080p%2B%2F%2B60Hz%2B%2F%2BHDTV%2F3142087.p%3Fid% 3D1218379763676%26skuId%3D3142087%26st%3DLC-42SV49U%26cp%3D1%26lp%3D1&ref=39&CJPID=2187655&loc=01)

High Sided
11-24-11, 01:51 PM
2012 Calendars 50% off today/thanksgiving at www.calendars.com

just type GMA in the coupon code

http://www.calendars.com/img/p/orig/201200012111.jpg

Spicoli
11-24-11, 02:31 PM
Our black Friday tradition: wear all black clothes, drink a lot and listen to The Cure and Joy Division all day and night. Srsly. Ben at it for years.

Beats the piss outta going to the mall.:thumdown:

G.
11-24-11, 03:37 PM
Our black Friday tradition: wear all black clothes, drink a lot and listen to The Cure and Joy Division all day and night. Srsly. Ben at it for years.

I think I'd rather go to the mall. :)

emjaya
11-24-11, 06:05 PM

Do you put on the eyeliner and lip stick too?

extramundane
11-24-11, 07:29 PM
Do you put on the eyeliner and lip stick too?

:rofl:

Indy
11-24-11, 09:47 PM
This definitely calls for pictures, Spickles.

extramundane
11-24-11, 10:15 PM

Do you hang yourselves too?

/iancurtis
//stillbetterthanshopping

Spicoli
11-25-11, 07:32 AM
You can all must go **** yourselves. You have no idea what it means to be me. This is my ****ing life and I will live it how I see fit.

:teen angst:

SteveH
11-25-11, 10:14 AM
You have no idea what it means to be me.

One more reason to be thankful.

gjc2
11-25-11, 10:34 AM
Yesterday I wanted to hear Alice’s Restaurant Massacre.

I thought I’d download it from iTunes.

You can buy any of Arlo Guthrie’s other songs individually, but to get Alice’s Restaurant you have the buy the whole album.

Talk about corporate greed!

SteveH
11-25-11, 11:36 AM
So you can't get everything you want.....

High Sided
11-25-11, 12:35 PM
http://8thmob.org/audio/ArloGuthrie-AliceRestaurant_30YearsLater_.mp3

the 30yrs later version....
open link, save page, it's yours ;)

SurfaceUnits
11-25-11, 12:54 PM
newegg has Toshiba 32" for $229.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889253289

You have to give em your email address to sign up and use Promo Code EMCJJHE38

SurfaceUnits
11-25-11, 12:57 PM
You can all must go **** yourselves. You have no idea what it means to be me. This is my ****ing life and I will live it how I see fit.

:teen angst:

if you could hear the audio when he posted that Avril would be blaring

RTKar
11-25-11, 01:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaFzuiVVCrU

trish
11-26-11, 06:54 PM
So the only thing I ended up with was the Kindle Touch 3G. I love it! I can't believe I've lived this long without it.