PDA

View Full Version : Wilson and Petit to FCR

datachicane
11-21-07, 12:51 PM
Per Marksie/AR1, FWIW.

KLang
11-21-07, 01:02 PM
I hope he is wrong. I liked the 'Wilson and CDW to NHL' rumor better.

Dirk Diggler
11-21-07, 01:12 PM
So does Aaaayarrrrwunnn suggest who gets the comfy seat at NHL?

KLang
11-21-07, 01:17 PM
So does Aaaayarrrrwunnn suggest who gets the comfy seat at NHL?

Franck Montagny or Ricardo Zonta.

The way it's worded, I think he is pulling it out of his rear.

Edit: Just noticed he has the Wilson rumor listed as fact.

jonovision_man
11-21-07, 02:51 PM
Is this replacing one of FCR's current cars, or adding a 3rd?

jono

Insomniac
11-21-07, 02:57 PM
Better than the IRL!

GLenz
11-21-07, 03:17 PM
AR1? I liked one poster's reference to that site as "BS2".:)

Spicoli
11-21-07, 03:57 PM
Is this replacing one of FCR's current cars, or adding a 3rd?

jono

Yep, its fact.

PT & JW in fer sure. 3rd seat open*

*w/proper funding.

Andrew Longman
11-21-07, 06:11 PM
I guess GF IS interested in being competitive again.

Got have a third car or this is a net loss on the grid. Besides a seat is needed for the Spaniard, Mexican, Chinese, Dutch, Belgian driver of the week.

Gnam
11-21-07, 06:51 PM
3rd seat open*

*w/proper funding.

Matos or bust?

jonovision_man
11-21-07, 07:25 PM
Good to see Petit not disappearing... was a little skeptical with the Rusport thing.

NismoZ
11-21-07, 07:31 PM
So TWO series owners team up? Wonderful. Way to spread it around, guys. Wilson to FCR to me means Uncle Ger figures PT got the waaay better part of a 5 yr. deal and now he'd like to make sure the team can actually win a few. (or scare PT into overachieving. The PT watch begins with the first test of '08.) Tired of hearing about the 3rd car..."with funding" refrain. The only guy who WOULDN'T do that is Haas. Has it happened anywhere yet? Also does anyone remember the test times for Montagny or Zonta? As I recall they were very good. Also reported on your favorite news site:p was the possibility of Doornbos being picked up as a test driver for BMW F-1. That would not be nice for CC.

Spicoli
11-21-07, 10:38 PM
Good to see Petit not disappearing... was a little skeptical with the Rusport thing.

not so sure petit stays around for more than the fre sammiches. YMMV.

Insomniac
11-21-07, 11:39 PM
So TWO series owners team up? Wonderful. Way to spread it around, guys. Wilson to FCR to me means Uncle Ger figures PT got the waaay better part of a 5 yr. deal and now he'd like to make sure the team can actually win a few. (or scare PT into overachieving. The PT watch begins with the first test of '08.) Tired of hearing about the 3rd car..."with funding" refrain. The only guy who WOULDN'T do that is Haas. Has it happened anywhere yet? Also does anyone remember the test times for Montagny or Zonta? As I recall they were very good. Also reported on your favorite news site:p was the possibility of Doornbos being picked up as a test driver for BMW F-1. That would not be nice for CC.

Petit may be an owner on paper, but he was part of PKV before. He did the RuSport thing just to keep them alive. I didn't consider him to be much of an owner.

opinionated ow
11-22-07, 04:38 AM
http://www.sixtiescity.com/Events/Images/u2spyplane.jpg

jonovision_man
11-22-07, 07:28 AM
Petit may be an owner on paper, but he was part of PKV before. He did the RuSport thing just to keep them alive. I didn't consider him to be much of an owner.

A team owner, no, this sounds like grid filling more than a genuine desire to run a team.

But he's a obviously a good series owner if he's willing to put his own money into grid-filling. Assuming that's what he's doing.

jono

Audi_A4
11-22-07, 11:52 AM
doesnt petit still own a piece of pkv? isnt he the P in PKV?

Insomniac
11-22-07, 11:57 AM
A team owner, no, this sounds like grid filling more than a genuine desire to run a team.

But he's a obviously a good series owner if he's willing to put his own money into grid-filling. Assuming that's what he's doing.

jono

I mostly just meant he doesn't seem like a real team owner. RuSport was cut back to one car and that car was just one of a few that had full sponsorship. I doubt he spent much money on the team to run it last year.

These guys (CCWS owners) are all presumably losing money, so I won't complain about that. Running a team just doesn't seem like something Petit did because he wanted his own team.

jcollins28
11-23-07, 04:44 PM
What if Petit is coming over to run more of the day to day operations of FCR? Seems like Forsythe had other things to do last year then be at the track. I wonder if Petit is buying into the team at all?

Jag_Warrior
11-24-07, 04:10 PM
doesnt petit still own a piece of pkv? isnt he the P in PKV?

I believe he cut ties with PKV some time ago.

Spicoli
11-26-07, 03:30 PM
Its official: FPR. No word on 2 or 3 cars, but my bet is 3 as Patit tries to salvage to CDW relationship and gets the F away from Gentilooser.

Andrew Longman
11-26-07, 04:44 PM
Also conspicuous no mention of Wilson or CDW. :shakehead

Third car likely depends on search for Mexican driver and sponsors

jcollins28
11-26-07, 04:59 PM

http://www.johnrozum.com/images/slowpokerodriguez.jpg

Here's Speedy Gonzalez's cousin Slowpoke Rodriguez. I think he might be available.

GLenz
11-26-07, 06:43 PM

Wilson????????

With the loss of the RuSPORT name, autosport.com understands that Wilson's three-year contract (of which he had completed just one year) can no longer be enforced.

Andrew Longman
11-26-07, 07:14 PM
Wilson????????

Perhaps. Without RuSport there is team for CDW to continue its contract.

However, assuming CDW was please with Wilson and CC, (that's a big if, but they said they were and wanted to remain with a competitive team), why is it unthinkable that they would be happy moving the deal to FCR?

In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson paying NHL and FCR against each others to win him and the sponsor.

NismoZ
11-26-07, 09:01 PM
Haas won't play that game. It'll be a take-it-or-leave it to both or he'll simply get the best "other Euro" around. (Montagny?) If it's now PFR I'd say Wilson is part of the package but it's not beyond belief N/H/L could land CDW. (They've hinted they'd like to do Indy and Haas is more likely to give them that than Forsythe.) Wouldn't like to see a 3-car team and a 1-car team result from this, but better than a net loss on the grid.

Spicoli
11-26-07, 09:36 PM
Haas won't play that game. It'll be a take-it-or-leave it to both or he'll simply get the best "other Euro" around. (Montagny?) If it's now PFR I'd say Wilson is part of the package but it's not beyond belief N/H/L could land CDW. (They've hinted they'd like to do Indy and Haas is more likely to give them that than Forsythe.) Wouldn't like to see a 3-car team and a 1-car team result from this, but better than a net loss on the grid.

my GUEES is this:

JW goes to Pee-Sythe or whatever you wanna call it with PT. CDW comes along. Unca Gerra has all the hospitality crap you could ever want, and the old RuSport stuff comes along as well. Seems a natural. Event driven, ride buying, mexican/swede/frenchtard/venezualan fills in 3rd, well, because they need the car count. If we hit 18 next year, I'll be very surprised.

BUT - anyone who says that Hass doesbn;t have EARL equip laying around is lying, so CDW/JW could go to NHL, but I lean more towards not.

cyclepath
11-26-07, 09:45 PM
my GUEES is this:

JW goes to Pee-Sythe or whatever you wanna call it with PT. CDW comes along. Unca Gerra has all the hospitality crap you could ever want, and the old RuSport stuff comes along as well. Seems a natural. Event driven, ride buying, mexican/swede/frenchtard/venezualan fills in 3rd, well, because they need the car count. If we hit 18 next year, I'll be very surprised.

BUT - anyone who says that Hass doesbn;t have EARL equip laying around is lying, so CDW/JW could go to NHL, but I lean more towards not.

Yup... exept for the CDW thing.. thats not going to happen in For/Pett or CC

Andrew Longman
11-26-07, 09:45 PM
my GUEES is this:

Good guess

Spicoli
11-26-07, 09:59 PM
Good guess

more GREEP please ;)

C-path - sad news indeed. CDW, another Stripper-pole Paulie victim. :( I'm assuming that Pettit takes all the team/hospitality stuff with him? Or is all that going away too, to G-Am, ALMS, whatever???? with CDW?

:confusulated:

cyclepath
11-26-07, 10:06 PM
more GREEP please ;)
nope, all the hosp. stuff was leased. Rick Downey (Forsythe hosp) did it in '06 and this year was all Paulie :flame: , exept for the last race then RD did it again.

C-path - sad news indeed. CDW, another Stripper-pole Paulie victim. :( I'm assuming that Pettit takes all the team/hospitality stuff with him? Or is all that going away too, to G-Am, ALMS, whatever???? with CDW?

Winston Wolfe
11-26-07, 11:34 PM
http://www.sixtiescity.com/Events/Images/u2spyplane.jpg

there are several things that always make me laugh when checking posts here... and this is clearly one of them..... spyplanes
I dont know why I find it so damn funny, but I LOL every time. I also find the same happens when TrueBrit describes Schumi... the dirty, chopping, point chinned, etc...
just one of the many reasons this place is so great !:thumbup:

jcollins28
11-26-07, 11:36 PM
there are several things that always make me laugh when checking posts here... and this is clearly one of them..... spyplanes
I dont know why I find it so damn funny, but I LOL every time. I also find the same happens when TrueBrit describes Schumi... the dirty, chopping, point chinned, etc...
just one of the many reasons this place is so great !:thumbup:

Really? Hmm I thought Slowpoke Rodríguez would bring the house down. :confused:

Spicoli
11-27-07, 12:41 AM
ooopsie

I know what you meant. :laugh: I do hear the new CCWS rigs are nice tho. ;)

NismoZ
11-27-07, 10:12 AM
This really clears things up. Rocketsports will soon be testing Alexandre Negrao, Brazil. He finished 13th, 19th and 20th in GP2 the last 3 seasons. Only the BEST get a look in ChampCar! (show me the money!)

cyclepath
11-27-07, 11:09 AM
more GREEP please ;)

The hospitality stuff Rusport used in '06 was leased from PPP, pettit used Paulies crew :shakehead last year, exept for Mexico were Ru leased from PPP.

STD
11-27-07, 11:27 AM
This really clears things up. Rocketsports will soon be testing Alexandre Negrao, Brazil. He finished 13th, 19th and 20th in GP2 the last 3 seasons. Only the BEST get a look in ChampCar! (show me the money!)

His dad, also Alexandre Negrao, has a better racing resume (at 54yrs is still active) and is also a pharmaceutical manufacturer. Paul G. couldn't go wrong with that... :rofl:

Racing Truth
11-27-07, 04:30 PM
my GUEES is this:

OK, but who does NHL (assuming they're in CC) end up with?

Spicoli
11-27-07, 06:28 PM
OK, but who does NHL (assuming they're in CC) end up with?

like sumbuddy else said - don;t be surprised for them to pull out some (US) no-named euro upn commer - ala bourdaisy. just my hunch. Marco ain;t comin, JW at For-tit :D and who else would they want? Jani loses his RB $$$ and Doorknobs is back to F1 I suppose...leaving Pagenaud, Tags, Nelsonmania, Mexi-driver, Blinky & Serbia.

anyone?

cyclepath
11-27-07, 07:01 PM
like sumbuddy else said - don;t be surprised for them to pull out some (US) no-named euro upn commer - ala bourdaisy. just my hunch. Marco ain;t comin, JW at For-tit :D and who else would they want? Jani loses his RB $$$ and Doorknobs is back to F1 I suppose...leaving Pagenaud, Tags, Nelsonmania, Mexi-driver, Blinky & Serbia.

anyone?

Matos?? still a chance for JW;) don't coun't him out just yet.

NismoZ
11-29-07, 11:45 PM
Montagny.