PDA

View Full Version : Doornbos too??? Noooooo!!!

jonovision_man
11-21-07, 09:13 AM
From a purely selfish point of view, I don't want him to leave ChampCar!

http://www.f1technical.net/news/7678

Robert Doornbos, who experienced an amazing debut season in the Champ Car series, is talking with BMW Sauber about a contract as test driver.

He's a good guy to have in the series, has personality and he was fast enough.

jono

chop456
11-21-07, 09:45 AM
WWID?

:bye:

Audi_A4
11-21-07, 09:49 AM
Champcar died long ago, its now a shadow of its former self. No young driver dreams of racing in Champcar, its a stepping stone to other series. Its a real shame because I used to love watching the races and following all the action, hopefully one day it wil be back.

Winston Wolfe
11-21-07, 01:50 PM
I hate to say it, but A4 speaks the truth..... the series has been a shadow of its former self for some time, but there are literally hundreds of us who still watch....
Driver wise, the only real recognizable name in the series is PT, and his season last year was the most unmemorable in years.... prolly since his championship in the watershed year of '03.... since then, ALL SEABASS, ALL THE TIME....
Bobby Doornobs and the rest of the ex-F1, former GP2, aspiring OW guys throughout the world dont really seem to look at CCWS as anything more than a stepping stone any longer.
We even started a thread a while back taking a look at all of the former CART and CCWS guys that are now peforming (some of them very well) in other series and the name reads like a "Who's Who" of worldwide racing.
You cant blame the guys when it comes to making a living.... if your company is on shaky ground and you gotta pay the bills somehow, you likely have to take something that you know will get you paid.. right now, CCWS aint at 100% and as loyal as we want these guys to be to the series, they have got to be thinking about #1 first..... and try not to step in #2.....
I followed as many races as I could this year, and will still support the series in whatever way I can, but we are a LLLLOOONNNNGGGGG way from the glory years of 1995-2001..... but, oh, the memories !

jonovision_man
11-21-07, 02:49 PM
You're right.

Half the battle would be actually paying drivers rather than asking them for money. ;) Seriously, if he gets that BMW test role he'll be getting cheques and lining himself up for a possible F1 ride, that's the way to go if you're a young guy with a shot.

jono