PDA

View Full Version : Nashville 2009?

nrc
11-20-07, 10:22 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story/?ID=223301&hubname=auto_racing

"(Champ Car officials) came here in January and loved the city," Norm Partin, the general manager of the Music City Motorplex tells the newspaper.

"We've made steady progress in our conversations and received positive responses."

The proposed layout of the street course would start and begin near LP Field, the 68,000 seat stadium which is home to the NFL's Tennessee Titans. The route would also see the cars cross the Gateway Bridge.

Music City Motorplex (http://www.musiccitymotorplex.com/facts.htm)? It's a half mile bullring on the south side of Nashville, but the race would be downtown around the stadium. Seems like it would be suicide for a little bullring living off NASCAR scraps to get into something like this. But maybe they're looking to diversify because the other race track is taking their NASCAR business.

Sean Malone
11-20-07, 11:20 PM
Cross a bridge? Ok.

extramundane
11-20-07, 11:27 PM
Cross a bridge? Ok.

I guess Nashville doesn't have light rail?

Either way, seems like a bad idea. But if they're hellbent on running street races in cities where IRL runs ovals, I'll put a street race proposal together over the long weekend. A hairpin turn on cobblestones around the Robert E. Lee statue could be CC's new signature corner. :thumbup: :gomer:

nrc
11-21-07, 12:33 AM
The IMSA race here in C'bus used to run across two bridges. The transitions were never an issue, as I recall. Of course rough courses are more of an issue in open wheel.

opinionated ow
11-21-07, 03:42 AM
surfers runs over iirc 3 bridges.

and i reckon the 5/8 of a mile music city motorplex would be better for champ car than a snooze circuit. Make it 500 laps...as long as they are faster than the ISMA Supermodifieds all would be fine.

ferrarigod
11-21-07, 05:37 AM
and i reckon the 5/8 of a mile music city motorplex would be better for champ car than a snooze circuit.

got any youtube vids from the 5/8ths motorplex that i can watch? i'm looking to do some research. thanks in advance.

:rolleyes:

KLang
11-21-07, 07:43 AM
TransAm races in Des Moines went over two bridges as well. They kinda made a big deal about it with boats and divers on standby but it was never a problem.

opinionated ow
11-21-07, 07:47 AM
got any youtube vids from the 5/8ths motorplex that i can watch? i'm looking to do some research. thanks in advance.

:rolleyes:

a particularly unnecessary attack. if you can't respect others opinions, don't post.

oh, and for your information:
I3eJ4VZMkps

emjaya
11-21-07, 08:37 AM
and i reckon the 5/8 of a mile music city motorplex would be better for champ car than a snooze circuit. Make it 500 laps...as long as they are faster than the ISMA Supermodifieds all would be fine.

In a way I agree. Champcar need to be sanctioning races around these small tracks if they want to compete against NASCAR. :\

And thanks for the vid, Oow. ;)

pchall
11-21-07, 05:45 PM
The IMSA race here in C'bus used to run across two bridges. The transitions were never an issue, as I recall. Of course rough courses are more of an issue in open wheel.

I loved those races in Cowlumbus. Nothing like hearing the chirping of massive tires in terminal understeer in the middle of downtown and then hearing the turbo kick in when they got out of sight. :)

pchall
11-27-07, 10:41 PM
Just thought of this: if CCWS was there last January why isn't there a 2008 date?

Racing Truth
11-28-07, 08:32 PM
In a way I agree. Champcar need to be sanctioning races around these small tracks if they want to compete against NASCAR. :\

And thanks for the vid, Oow.

"Compete against NASCAR.":rofl: I appreciate the enthusiasm, but, uh, whatever your smokin', back away dude, back away.;)

H=ll, the only reason we compete in the Antarctic market is thanks to Kalkhoven's tireless efforts.:thumbup: Otherwise, the compettition for CC (& IRL) is with the Grim Reaper.

Racing Truth
11-28-07, 08:34 PM
Just thought of this: if CCWS was there last January why isn't there a 2008 date?

B/c KK was too busy shoring up the penguin demographic?:confused: :laugh:

It's CC "management." Don't ask logical questions. It'll just make your head hurt.

emjaya
11-29-07, 09:13 AM
"Compete against NASCAR.":rofl: I appreciate the enthusiasm, but, uh, whatever your smokin', back away dude, back away.;)

H=ll, the only reason we compete in the Antarctic market is thanks to Kalkhoven's tireless efforts.:thumbup: Otherwise, the compettition for CC (& IRL) is with the Grim Reaper.

Well, I did say if they wanted to compete... :gomer:

robot9000
11-29-07, 02:29 PM
TransAm races in Des Moines went over two bridges as well. They kinda made a big deal about it with boats and divers on standby but it was never a problem.

Well, you wouldn't want a repeat of what happened to Bly at Belle Isle.

NismoZ
11-29-07, 02:30 PM
Nashville? I'm there. Heck, I may actually be a Cumberland Plateaubilly by then!:) Be closer than my trek to RA now.