PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Soleil

indyfan31
11-19-07, 11:24 AM
The Mrs took me to see Corteo for my birthday this weekend. HOLY COW! I'd never seen one before but I'm convinced those people are aliens, otherwise how could they defy the laws of physics like that.
After the show, I no longer had the opinion that "... I'm not going to pay $100 to sit under a tent in the parking lot of the fairgrounds!..." anymore.

dando
11-19-07, 04:29 PM
The Mrs took me to see Corteo for my birthday this weekend. HOLY COW! I'd never seen one before but I'm convinced those people are aliens, otherwise how could they defy the laws of physics like that.
After the show, I no longer had the opinion that "... I'm not going to pay $100 to sit under a tent in the parking lot of the fairgrounds!..." anymore.

Yeah, I've seen a couple of Cirque performances. Incredible stuff. :eek: :thumbup: O (based in Vega$) is supposed to be one of their best shows, and is performed under water. Unfortunately the troupe was on vacation while we were there a few years ago. Not sure if it's still performed there or not.

-Kevin

devilmaster
11-19-07, 04:46 PM
happy belated b'day there if31 :thumbup:

G.
11-19-07, 04:55 PM
After the show, I no longer had the opinion that "... I'm not going to pay $100 to sit under a tent in the parking lot of the fairgrounds!..." anymore.HB belated BD.

If you would have posted the question on this board, "Should I go see Cirque?", you may have been heading to the parking lot with great anticipation. The Cirque roxs!

It's the best thing you can do in a parking lot, that doesn't use traffic cones!:tony:

(sorry 'bout that.)

cameraman
11-19-07, 05:15 PM
Next time you are in Vegas check out the more "adult" Cirque show Zumanity:eek: :thumbup:

oddlycalm
11-19-07, 10:10 PM
Next time you are in Vegas check out the more "adult" Cirque show Zumanity:eek: :thumbup: After all, what's not to like about nearly nude contortionists with a taste for the bizarre and daring aerial carnality...:eek: :cool:

oc

SteveH
11-19-07, 11:29 PM
Next time you are in Vegas check out the more "adult" Cirque show Zumanity:eek: :thumbup:

I heard that shortly after that show opened in the New York, the hotel asked Cirque to tone it down a bit.

:dang:

manic mechanic
11-20-07, 02:25 AM
Mrs. Manic and I saw "Zumanity" during its first 2 weeks... It was definitely an amazing show. :eek: I don't know if the show has changed over the past 4 years, but it was both entertaining and raucos.

I wish they would bring back "A Nouvelle Experience" (show from the early 90's). It was my first experience with "Le Cirque" and was truly unforgettable.

manic

P.S. HBB, Fausto!

opinionated ow
11-20-07, 03:49 AM
so far I have seen Quidam, Alegria and a third one whose name I can't for the life of me remember. worth every cent, I always try to go when they are in town.

FTG
11-20-07, 12:23 PM
O (based in Vega$) is supposed to be one of their best shows, and is performed under water. -Kevin

In, not under.

RaceGrrl
11-20-07, 02:11 PM
We're not that highbrow. I gave Richard tickets to Spamalot for his birthday- front row, even. Went last night and really enjoyed it.

I think there are still some tickets available for the last two Columbus shows. PM if you want to link for discounted tickets.

dando
11-20-07, 02:28 PM
We're not that highbrow. I gave Richard tickets to Spamalot for his birthday- front row, even. Went last night and really enjoyed it.

I think there are still some tickets available for the last two Columbus shows. PM if you want to link for discounted tickets.

Spamalot == greatness despite the luke warm review in The Dispatch. :thumbup: :thumbup: I could care less if there wasn't original stuff in the show. It was all great stuff from Life of Brian and The Holy Grail.

Ni!

-Kevin

nrc
11-20-07, 03:48 PM
"There's a very small percentile,
Who enjoys a dancing gentile"

Enjoyed it a lot. The humor level of the Holy Grail material relied a lot on the delivery with some of the cast better than others. There was enough new material to freshen it up and Idle's songs add to the fun.

I actually though "Always Look on the Bright Side" was a bit out of place without the irony of being performed from a crucifix.

dando
11-20-07, 04:46 PM
I actually though "Always Look on the Bright Side" was a bit out of place without the irony of being performed from a crucifix.

True. But the Jews song made up for that. :D

-Kevin