PDA

View Full Version : Motorock II - Earl style

G.
11-14-07, 02:17 PM
You've got the third series of the Kissology DVD coming out next month. Is there much more we can expect coming?
There'll be 10. No one -- and that includes the Beatles and Elvis -- can touch our (KISS') merchandising and licensing. Nobody. Outside of the music world, it's only Disney and Lucas. But in the music world, they can't shine our shoes.

Any touring plans?
We'll tour a few dates next year. We don't have anything to prove to anybody or do press to convince anybody we're important. We're doing KISS festivals around the Indy car racing series. Simmons Abramson Marketing markets and brands Indy cars. I came up with the I Am Indy brand, by the way. They go on the night before. We'll do 15 dates or so. We'll also go to Australia and New Zealand and maybe to four to six shows -- but nothing comprehensive until we feel like it.

more marketing Gene-ious (http://billboard.biz/bbbiz/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003671447&imw=Y)

:rofl:

Insomniac
11-14-07, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised he has been kept/stayed around this long. Has the PR campaign been somewhat successful or does keeping Gene Simmons make as much sense as CC keeping Steve Johnson.

cameraman
11-14-07, 04:00 PM
Kiss concerts still draw large crowds, why I don't know, but they do. If the ticket price of the Kiss concert helps offset the cost of running the race even a little, there is your reason.

jonovision_man
11-14-07, 04:27 PM
The IRL already tried Motorock... Phoenix... Velvet Revolver. It was one of the worst attended races ever, around 8000 people despite the concert.

It's silliness... have a race, make that the show.

jono

cameraman
11-14-07, 04:37 PM
It's silliness... have a race, make that the show.

jono

It is the IRL. There is no race and there is no show.

Dirk Diggler
11-14-07, 06:28 PM
have a race, make that the show.

Old school!:eek:

jonovision_man
11-14-07, 06:49 PM
Old school!:eek:

I don't mind throwing in extras at a street race, I mean Toronto is a cool race and the other things going on are always apart of the appeal.

But the main reason people buy a ticket should always be the race... not to see KISS.

jono

Andrew Longman
11-14-07, 07:31 PM
A street festical is one thing. It should be a Champcar assault on a city. Concerts and parties are fine. Can't race after dark anyway.

But no way in heck should anyone be tempted to drive to a cornfield somewhere to see a KISS or any other concert.

In said cornfield, eat, drink, camp, enjoy the racing.