PDA

View Full Version : Darwin nominee

nrc
11-14-07, 02:10 AM
Florida thief flees into lake, eaten by alligator.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=8023

RusH
11-14-07, 08:29 AM
here`s one from the Floritard state..

Man Dies After Getting Stuck in Girlfriend’s Cat Door

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A woman in Florida made a startling discovery over the weekend when
she found her boyfriend stuck in her house’s cat door, News4Jax.com
reported.

The girlfriend of Charles Tucker Jr., 33, had reportedly kicked him
out of her St. Augustine home. Hours later, she found the man stuck in
the small door and called police. When they arrived four minutes
later, the man was dead, News4Jax.com reported.

Click here to read the News4Jax.com report.

"He's a big guy. I don't even know how he could fit through there,"
Tucker’s friend, Will Elliot told News4Jax.com. "Probably to get in
and unlock the door. They said he had one arm through there and his
head was caught in there like he was to reach up and unlock the door
because there's no way he could fit through there."

Cops are currently awaiting autopsy results.

Sean Malone
11-14-07, 09:12 AM
The people in FL are making me question my move here. Seriously.

It's scary.

extramundane
11-14-07, 09:22 AM

It's scary.

Considering where you moved from, that's saying something.

Sean Malone
11-14-07, 09:34 AM
Considering where you moved from, that's saying something.

Floridians makes Virginians look like cosmopolitan Euro trash. :)

opinionated ow
11-14-07, 09:55 AM
Chalk that up as another episode of "it could only happen in america".....

Andrew Longman
11-14-07, 10:23 AM

It's scary.

My bro lived in St Pete for 10 years. He developed a "penninsula" theory. He said pennisulas attract people looking for something better. They get to the end of the penninsula and they can't go further so they stay. From Ponce deLeon to now people come to Florida thinking it will be warm and they can get a fresh start. The problem is they bring their problems with them, be it alcohol, drugs, stupiditiy, mother-in-law, whatever.

Of course Sean, that doesn't cover everyone who goes to Florida. ;)

Just the one's that kill three people in a 7-11 to steal a microwave burrito

KLang
11-14-07, 10:43 AM
We lived in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area for a couple years. Moved there from the midwest. Couldn't get out of there fast enough. :eek: It's like moving to a different country.

Insomniac
11-14-07, 10:53 AM
That's a nice sign warning people...

Methanolandbrats
11-14-07, 11:15 AM
The people at the rest stops on the interstates are scary. :eek: I'd rather pee my pants than stop at one after dark. After our Disney World Visits, I'm so glad to get out of that hell hole. Approaching the northern border it is so good to see hills and clouds again. Most of Florida is a flat, scorched wasteland and if it was'nt for the Keys and coastline, the military would probably use the rest of it for bombing practice.

Sean Malone
11-14-07, 11:29 AM
My bro lived in St Pete for 10 years. He developed a "penninsula" theory. He said pennisulas attract people looking for something better. They get to the end of the penninsula and they can't go further so they stay. From Ponce deLeon to now people come to Florida thinking it will be warm and they can get a fresh start. The problem is they bring their problems with them, be it alcohol, drugs, stupiditiy, mother-in-law, whatever.

Of course Sean, that doesn't cover everyone who goes to Florida. ;)

Just the one's that kill three people in a 7-11 to steal a microwave burrito

I saw a very interesting documentary a few years ago about the post war "mobile" America. It explained that following WW2, the 50's ushered in an age of prosperity and the sense of adventure to the States. Tow-able trailers became all the rage and what better place to visit than that hot, sandy peninsula in the Deep South. A place, at the time, no one wanted to live but the beaches and orange groves were neat to visit. As commercial air travel became the preferred means to get to the beach and hotels replaced the trailer, the trailers were sold off to lower income folks that saw it was easier on their aging bones and their checkbook to live in FL than Minnesota. To this day there are more trailer homes in FL than any other state.
There are clubs here where people who restore the old wooden and aluminum trailers that started the pilgrimage to FL in the 50’s congress. They are really neat examples of Americana. One of my favorite 'Sunday' drive activities was to explore Route 1 in VA. Before interstate 95 was built, route 1 was the main North/South roadway. There are still many remnants of the 'traveling' America of the 50's. Also, out around the Skyline Drive in the Blue Ridge mountains, you can still see the old motels and gift shops that the weekender's would visit from DC.

I consider myself a pretty humble guy. I’m not a doctor, or a lawyer, or an engineer, but I make a modest, yet comfortable living. I feel I have decent common sense and was raised with good values by parents that instilled the importance of experiencing cultural enhancing experiences i.e. travel, cuisine, the arts, but yet I can’t help but feel out of place in a suburban Wal-Mart 30 miles north of Tampa.

That’s why I rarely go there and if I do, I don’t stop there in my work clothes. I made that mistake once. I wear typical business attire; white shirt, tie, slacks. One time I stopped at our local Wal-Mart after work and THREE people mistook me for the store manager. One of them was pissed off about something too but I didn’t understand what she was saying because I don’t think she had any teeth and she wasn’t that old.

If anyone wants to witness first hand the plague of obesity in America has only to visit a suburban Wal-Mart in FL. You know they have McDonalds inside Wal-Marts now? Makes good business sense.

Wabbit
11-14-07, 11:55 AM
Man hospitalized after using shotgun to loosen lug nut

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/11198151.html

This one wasn't too bright :rofl:

Dirk Diggler
11-14-07, 02:16 PM
Man hospitalized after using shotgun to loosen lug nut

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/11198151.html

This one wasn't too bright :rofl:

I saw that one the other day.:laugh:

But take some time and really consider the fact that that man can vote. Really think about it. Good luck sleeping.

G.
11-14-07, 02:23 PM

But take some time and really consider the fact that that man can vote. Really think about it. Good luck sleeping.
And, He was NOT drunk.

Andrew Longman
11-14-07, 02:40 PM
Sean:

US 19, north of Tampa up to and around Cedar Key is about as close as you can now get to the old Florida.

There also used to be (and maybe there still are) good exhibits at a museum in St Pete and the Museum of American History in DC on the history of those post war car trips to Florida. Catch em if you can.

As for your own part of FL, take heart. There is a Walmart in Phillipsburg, NJ I won't go to because I'm too skinny and draw stares. The last time I was in there I was looking for a bike for my son. At the display was a woman and her 12-13 year daughter and a baby. The girl was having a fit, total temper tantrum, because she wanted a bike and she had outgrown the one she rode before she'd had her baby!

My 8 year old was studying the scene, trying to understand it. I knew it was time to leave.

extramundane
11-14-07, 02:57 PM
Floridians makes Virginians look like cosmopolitan Euro trash. :)

I've got family in Clearwater, so yeah, I know what you mean. Their punctuation could use some work as well. :eek:

Ankf00
11-14-07, 03:06 PM
at least FL has lush forests and nice beaches.

OK has red dirt. And noodling, can't forget noodling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noodling

Elmo T
11-14-07, 03:34 PM
After our Disney World Visits...

We leave this Friday to spend Thanksgiving in WDW. We are flying this trip, but we've taken the Auto Train twice. It arrives in Sanford, FL :saywhat: . It is hard to tell where the train yard stops and the town begins.

We love to visit.... And then to go home.

G.
11-14-07, 03:38 PM
MARYSVILLE, Calif. - A 54-year-old woman was recovering in the hospital after being hit by a Union Pacific freight train south of Marysville.

Deborah Thompson told authorities afterward that she drank a bottle of whiskey before she wandered to the railroad tracks and tried to wave the train to a stop. When asked why, she told Yuba County sheriff's deputies she was just being silly.

cant forget the left coast (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071113/ap_on_fe_st/odd_train_woman_struck;_ylt=AlJJLTQb0lonZHthDtUOaU UDW7oF)

FTG
11-14-07, 04:02 PM

A couple hundred of them in Florida hold the balance of power.

Dirk Diggler
11-14-07, 09:12 PM
A couple hundred of them in Florida hold the balance of power.

http://www.luc.edu/depts/history/dennis/Visual_Arts/10-Express_Munch_The-Scream.jpg

oddlycalm
11-14-07, 09:16 PM
I can’t help but feel out of place in a suburban Wal-Mart 30 miles north of Tampa. A word of advice. Avoid going to any Walmart anywhere and your life will be substantially improved.

My friend Arlo Dule was living in Florida when he commented that Charlie Manson would be just another face in the crowd these days. Makes you appreciate just how much work it is to be standout weird in this day and age...:gomer:

Florida is not alone. It's not so much the location, it's the time in history. The crystal meth epidemic doesn't help either.

oc

extramundane
11-14-07, 10:14 PM
A word of advice. Avoid going to any Walmart anywhere and your life will be substantially improved.

Had I followed that advice during my college days, I'd have never witnessed the 2nd and 3rd Runners-up in the West Virginia Mountain Mama pageant duke it out over a parking space.

I think that's 90% of the reason I can't go to a Walmart today without popping a handful of ativan first.

trish
01-05-08, 06:42 PM
I got this today from another forum I visit.

I wonder if they ever released the names. (http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/national_world/stories/2007/06/20/naked_couple.html)

dando
01-05-08, 06:47 PM

I wonder if they ever released the names. (http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/national_world/stories/2007/06/20/naked_couple.html)

I wonder which one went out on top. :gomer: (There's just so much material in this one, BTW) :)

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
01-05-08, 10:56 PM
I wonder which one went out on top. :gomer: (There's just so much material in this one, BTW) :)

-Kevin If the male died of head injuries and the women died of a stab wound, she was on top. :D

EDwardo
01-05-08, 11:10 PM
Least Competent Florida Police: Sheriff's deputies arrested Cynthia Hunter, 38, in Brandon, Fla., in October, and she remained in jail for 50 days until a lab finally concluded that the "methamphetamine" in her purse was really dried cat urine that she had legally purchased for her son's science project. [Tampa Tribune, 10-8-07]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20071221/od_notw/nwx071223xml;_ylt=Ap3.L.eY8DlRq8CU7uL5Vfw3AIZ4

Spectacular Errors: In November, a 77-year-old man in Jacksonville, Fla., intending to help his daughter by riding his bicycle to Long Branch Elementary School to pick up her 4-year-old son (his grandson), arrived back home with a kid on the bike but did not realize that he had picked up the wrong boy. Said the picked-up kid's frantic mother, "(The two boys) don't even look alike." [WMTW-TV (Auburn, Me.), 11-8-07]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20071214/od_notw/nwx071216xml;_ylt=AjW4RYjlk4z1Ec0j9tCOi1s3AIZ4

RusH
01-06-08, 02:20 AM
Well, nice to have this thread. I don`t know how the hell I ended up in this state.

I was just fired...for the first time in my long dull life.....mind you.

I should have stayed in New York. Here is a Cracker Box Video, for all the "Crackers" surrounding me. :thumdown:

M7yVkBwGiLc

trish
01-06-08, 12:39 PM
Here's more to the story on the couple who died. Names, photos, and more details to the story. http://www.wltx.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=50792 Nice looking couple of young people too. They should have just gone to a motel. :(

edit: I find it odd that it's apparently normal to sleep in a parking garage in S.C.

Andrew Longman
01-06-08, 12:42 PM

"It's too early to rule out anything," Columbia police Sgt. Florence McCants said, but McCants said a preliminary investigation didn't show any sign of foul play.

But were there signs of foreplay.

Sorry. :gomer:

trish
01-06-08, 02:00 PM
Here's more to the story on the couple who died. Names, photos, and more details to the story. http://www.wltx.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=50792 Nice looking couple of young people too. They should have just gone to a motel. :(

edit: I find it odd that it's apparently normal to sleep in a parking garage in S.C.

The answer to my question is in one of the videos. The couple in the parking garage was homeless.

emjaya
01-07-08, 08:24 AM

"I was getting up, packing up my stuff to get it out of the place," she says, when she noticed a young, nude couple arrive in a car, and climb onto the roof.

Or drive around in the nude. :saywhat: