PDA

View Full Version : Driven

Wabbit
11-11-07, 04:38 PM
OK, don't ask too many questions why I was there, but I saw this on IMDB forums about Driven:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0132245/board/nest/8565424

"Although the movie says CART, that organization split up in 1994. Today there are the two series, Champ Cars and Indy Racing League. Both are open-wheel type cars, but IRL race primarily on ovals and Champ Cars on city street courses and designed road courses much like F1.

These looked like Indy Cars to me. They had the sponsors that the IRL cars have, the Champ cars don't have the same logos on them. And I recognized the paint schemes. There are no Target sponsored Champ cars. The two types of cars are hard to tell apart, and you can't go by the fact that they raced on street courses. That's what the film wanted them to do. I doubt that the Champ Car Series lent their cars if only because they are primarily owned by European teams which might have complicated matters. Another reason I think they are Indy cars is that Chip Ganassi plays himself, and he is an Indy Racing League team owner. That should clinch it right there. It was easier to use IRL cars just from the standpoint of working with that organization I think. Maybe someone knows this. " :rofl:

I thought this was pretty funny.

This comment was posted in August of 2006, while the movie came out in 2001. Someone really doesn't know what's going on.

Stu
11-11-07, 05:28 PM
OK, don't ask too many questions why I was there, but I saw this on IMDB forums about Driven:

We wont ask too many questions, just one. What the hell were you doing looking at the IMDB of Driven? Not just looking at it, but looking at it long enough to read the comments section. Its not just like you accidentally clicked that link.

G.
11-11-07, 05:53 PM
We wont ask too many questions, just one. What the hell were you doing looking at the IMDB of Driven? Not just looking at it, but looking at it long enough to read the comments section. Its not just like you accidentally clicked that link.There's that hot chick in it, that Warren babe.

That's gotta be it. Forgot her name.

We'll go with that, 'K?

Wabbit
11-11-07, 10:07 PM
We wont ask too many questions, just one. What the hell were you doing looking at the IMDB of Driven? Not just looking at it, but looking at it long enough to read the comments section. Its not just like you accidentally clicked that link.

Fine!

I was actually looking up something for Burt Reynolds and saw the title of the thread that was interesting.