PDA

View Full Version : Michael F-1 Test

NismoZ
11-06-07, 11:29 AM
In light of Michael Schumacher's upcoming all-out 2 day test in the '07 championship winning Ferrari, I was wondering...How many former Ferrari F-1 drivers are still out there and how neat it would be to see them all assembled at a place like Monza for a little nostalgia meet! Mario comes immediately to mind. He'd love to do something like that. Dan Gurney? They wouldn't all have to drive but I'll wager there are enough vintage F-1 race cars out there, or in Ferrari's hands, that there could be a lot of nice reunions set up! Anybody come up with a sample list? I'd sure pay to see something like that. Heck, throw in some sportscars too for some of the guys who specialized in those and didn't get to F-1.

Dirk Diggler
11-06-07, 02:07 PM
What are you talking about? They do it every year.:cool:

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/fos/intro/stardrivers_intro.htm

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/

Al Czervik
11-06-07, 04:00 PM
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/fos/intro/stardrivers_LR.htm

Perry McCarthy is 'The Stig'???

I did not know that.

cameraman
11-06-07, 04:47 PM
In light of Michael Schumacher's upcoming all-out 2 day test in the '07 championship winning Ferrari

I thought he was testing the 2008 traction control-free version of the Ferrari.
The whole point being he has experience in cars without traction control.

If lack of driving experience in cars without tc is truly an issue, SeaBass will have a huge edge on the rest of the field. Probably not enough to see much of the points tho'

pchall
11-06-07, 04:52 PM
Vanity test. Herr Chin probably hasn't seen himself in the German papers enough this past year.

NismoZ
11-07-07, 01:39 PM
True, but that's OK, he's earned it. Life must be rough when you are no longer performing on the pinnacle!:)

NismoZ
11-07-07, 01:44 PM
Sure, Diggs, Goodwood is great but I was thinking more of a Ferrariwood sort of get together.:)

Methanolandbrats
11-07-07, 02:04 PM
Vanity test. Herr Chin probably hasn't seen himself in the German papers enough this past year. He used to test from daybreak till it got too dark to drive. I'll bet he is still involved in car development.

NismoZ
11-07-07, 02:10 PM
But...what about poor Luca?;)

Methanolandbrats
11-07-07, 02:41 PM
But...what about poor Luca?;) I don't know how he can drag his ass out of bed for that job of his :D

chop456
11-13-07, 01:41 PM
P1, .2sec up on Badoer. :D

G.
11-13-07, 01:55 PM
SB 0.145 sec behind other Sebastian teammate.

chop456
11-13-07, 01:58 PM
This is a thread about someone that shows joy in winning.

Mods, please move G's post.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Easy
11-13-07, 04:37 PM
Sure, Diggs, Goodwood is great but I was thinking more of a Ferrariwood sort of get together.:)

Finali Mondiale every year at Mugello after the F1 season concludes. F1 demo runs, and the Ferrari Challenge World Finals. This year Schuey demoed a 60's Ferrari F1 car and the current drivers demoed modern machinery.

NismoZ
11-14-07, 04:42 PM
Gee, Michael fastest again on day 2. Vettel 10, Bourdais 17, .6 behind his teammate.

ferrarigod
11-14-07, 04:48 PM
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/fos/intro/stardrivers_LR.htm

Perry McCarthy is 'The Stig'???

I did not know that.

he is the dead black stig. he was shot off an aircraft carrier in season 3 or whatever. he was the black stig. the white stig is unknown as well as the african stig, although many think african stig is lewis hamilton.

oddlycalm
11-14-07, 09:28 PM
Today MS is .6 up on Massa and handily covers the rest.

oc

mapguy
11-15-07, 08:47 AM
The whole point being he has experience in cars without traction control.

Right. The traction control mapping found in his Benetton was only for testing purposes....

Dirk Diggler
11-15-07, 11:21 AM
Was that part of, or separate from, the Launch Control that the FIA found a year after it had been banned?:p

Dirk Diggler
11-15-07, 11:24 AM
Today MS is .6 up on Massa and handily covers the rest.

oc

My Launch Control comment aside, this is why the most recent season left a funny taste in my mouth. Despite all the hype, you just knew that Lewismania wouldn't have been quite the same if Scumi had been around blowing him into the weeds.

TrueBrit
11-15-07, 12:35 PM
My Launch Control comment aside, this is why the most recent season left a funny taste in my mouth. Despite all the hype, you just knew that Lewismania wouldn't have been quite the same if Scumi had been around blowing him into the weeds.

Ummm the pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating, chopping bastard would have had to get out of the weeds that Freddie The Snitch had blown HIM into first....

It would have been fun to watch Lewis beat Super-Grass AND the pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating, chopping bastard at the same time...man that would have driven the haters into paroxysms of bile and fury...:D

Methanolandbrats
11-15-07, 12:42 PM
He could probably sit on the beach for the next ten years, come back to a test, hop in the car and still kick most people's asses. Ya, the only reason he won was cheating :shakehead

TrueBrit
11-15-07, 12:45 PM
He could probably sit on the beach for the next ten years, come back to a test, hop in the car and still kick most people's asses. Ya, the only reason he won was cheating :shakehead

...and chopping and having a pointy-chin...:D

Methanolandbrats
11-15-07, 12:52 PM
...and chopping and having a pointy-chin...:D
Uh, your new boy Lewis seems to pretty good at chopping, apparently it's legal.:D

Don Quixote
11-15-07, 01:06 PM
Thanks to TrueBrit, every time someone says Michael Schumacher, I mentally insert the adjective "pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating, chopping bastard". I can't help it. :laugh:

Dirk Diggler
11-15-07, 01:59 PM
Thanks to TrueBrit, every time someone says Michael Schumacher, I mentally insert the adjective "pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating, chopping bastard". I can't help it. :laugh:

Agreed, but it's not the same without Bendoverchello in the same sentence.:laugh:

Insomniac
11-15-07, 03:59 PM
nrc should just add a filter like the language one to replace "Michael Schumacher" with "pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating, chopping bastard" and be done with it. :)

And Schumacher beats Hamilton in 2007 cars. :p

cameraman
11-15-07, 04:37 PM
Schumacher beats Hamilton in 2007 cars.

Schumacher beats Hamilton or Fred in any car. He is still a pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating, chopping bastard, he is just also a better driver.

TrueBrit
11-15-07, 05:05 PM
Schumacher beats Hamilton or Fred in any car. He is still a pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating, chopping bastard, he is just also a better driver.

Problem is that Super Grass already BEAT that pointy-chinnned, dirty, chopping, cheating bastard...and Lewis beat HIM so....

NismoZ
11-15-07, 05:28 PM
...so despite his physical and personal failings he'd probably keep winning titles until the all-Italian team screws the pooch.

Methanolandbrats
11-15-07, 06:06 PM
Problem is that Super Grass already BEAT that pointy-chinnned, dirty, chopping, cheating bastard...and Lewis beat HIM so.... You need to get a life size blow up doll of "Lewis". ;)

Dirk Diggler
11-15-07, 06:42 PM
You need to get a life size blow up doll of "Lewis". ;)

Maybe he just took the moustache off of his Mansell version and painted it?

Methanolandbrats
11-15-07, 06:49 PM
Maybe he just took the moustache off of his Mansell version and painted it?:laugh:

Indy
11-16-07, 02:18 AM
Buttmacher.

Spicoli
11-16-07, 05:50 AM
Buttmacher.

I thought that was Cam's name for Sir Jenson Button :confused:

Insomniac
11-16-07, 09:35 AM

I meant in their team's respective cars. In the same cars, no contest. Schumacher somehow defies the get slower as you get older pattern.

Indy
11-16-07, 11:18 AM
I thought that was Cam's name for Sir Jenson Button :confused:

I think that was TrueBrit's term for the chin, way back.

TrueBrit
11-16-07, 03:53 PM
I think that was TrueBrit's term for the chin, way back.

Yes it was....ahh me...the good old days...

oddlycalm
11-22-07, 03:42 PM
The chin is coming back to do a couple more days at Jerez. Seems like a lot more than just having a lark in the new car to me.

oc

cameraman
11-22-07, 04:32 PM
Ferrari has said from day 1 that he is testing for real. Why people don't believe that I do not know.