PDA

View Full Version : I watched superspeedway on DVD the other day

opinionated ow
10-30-07, 05:07 PM
I was in Ezy DVD on Friday and saw Superspeedway on DVD. I HAVE always wanted to see this movie, but never ever got the chance (I don't think it was ever on at Sydney IMAX). It was totally awesome, loved every minute of it. If you can, get it, its worth every cent

Wabbit
10-30-07, 05:10 PM
The bonus videos are pretty cool too.

I got mine signed by Mario last year :D

Robstar
10-30-07, 06:47 PM
It is a cool flick... Except for the narrator dude...

jonovision_man
10-30-07, 07:02 PM
It's awesome, makes me miss the days of truly pushing the envelope on ovals.

jono

last2brake
10-31-07, 02:25 PM
It is a cool flick... Except for the narrator dude...

The narrator dude in the copy I have is one of my heroes.

miatanut
10-31-07, 11:37 PM
The narrator dude in the copy I have is one of my heroes.

Mine too.

Welcome aboard! I'm a relative newbie here myself, but have found the place is always pleasant. A nice break from some other places.

Robstar
11-01-07, 05:29 AM
Could be an accent thang... :ducks:

We have a s__tload of US series on TV here & there's this "voice" who is clearly Australian, but puts on this voice to make the punters out in TVland think we're getting this "direct" form the US... so it's not an attack on old mate...

Take no offence (& give me the breathilizer... :hic:)

last2brake
11-01-07, 01:56 PM
Mine too.

Welcome aboard! I'm a relative newbie here myself, but have found the place is always pleasant. A nice break from some other places.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I'd post much, but I couldn't resist when someone suggested Paul Newman wasn't kool. I mean, he's Cool Hand Luke- how could he not be cool ?

I saw Superspeedway in Montreal. It was narrated in French, but I'm pretty sure it was still Paul Newman. Maybe I'm wrong.