PDA

View Full Version : PC to TV

Pages : 1 [2]

Sean Malone
11-30-07, 10:30 PM
Were they contractors or employee installers from Dish?

Spicoli
12-01-07, 08:41 AM
Were they contractors or employee installers from Dish?

contractors. Why?

Spicoli
12-01-07, 08:44 AM
I've had 2 installs with dish. First moved in, then new antenna for 4 satellites. No issues whatsoever. Guy shows up on time (early, actually), worked WITH me to get me what I needed, all good. Upgrade guy tried to sell me an HDMI cable from his "personal supply" for $60.00. NFW, so he gave it to me for free.:confused:

Don't get what that scam was (prolly selling my dish's cable, but why give it to me??).

They must not like you.

Let dish know.

Not reeally the installer, but more the ****ers on the phone. Why oh why do they insist on giving me some Paki/Indian/Philipino dood has no clue what I am going thru. keep repeating t he same answers over and over and over....

but yeah, its my fault.

Ankf00
12-01-07, 08:57 AM
eat more curry.

Stu
12-01-07, 09:03 AM
Why oh why do they insist on giving me some Paki/Indian/Philipino dood has no clue what I am going thru.

To keep costs down and stay more competitive in the dish/cable market.

Spicoli
12-01-07, 09:23 AM
American lady Jessica on the phone hookered me up.

Got me a bald Peter Gabriel jammin out live on RAVE HD. :woo0000t:

:thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:

Spicoli
12-01-07, 09:25 AM
eat more curry.

don;t make this personal. :rofl:

Insomniac
12-01-07, 10:58 AM
Not reeally the installer, but more the ****ers on the phone. Why oh why do they insist on giving me some Paki/Indian/Philipino dood has no clue what I am going thru. keep repeating t he same answers over and over and over....

but yeah, its my fault.

Just an FYI, to some people and in some places, Paki is considered a racial slur.

Spicoli
12-01-07, 03:22 PM
Just an FYI, to some people and in some places, Paki is considered a racial slur.

well, you learn something new every day.

Back to the arguement that this saves money, does it really? When you have to spend oh, eight times longer on the phone to get an answer, and all the dooder on the other end does is read canned answer after canned answer, we're all just wasting our time, no?

Insomniac
12-01-07, 04:07 PM

Back to the arguement that this saves money, does it really? When you have to spend oh, eight times longer on the phone to get an answer, and all the dooder on the other end does is read canned answer after canned answer, we're all just wasting our time, no?

I guess it all depends on how much you save. Problems can come up on cable installs. Some people who need cable cards report problems and a lot of customer service calls. You may have to see how it goes over time. I've had DTV since 2004 and made a call to them for support maybe once a year. Then I got HD and I was on the phone a lot with problems (third receiver finally worked) and billing mixups. But WB upgraded to HD as well, and I believe he had no issues. But for me, DTV is noticably cheaper than Cox. We could really use some competition in cable and telephone. AT&T and Cox are living large out here in Kansas. They don't even compete against each other despijte both having Internet and Telephone services. Cox's idea of a deal is $20 for one month, then regular rates.

Insomniac
12-01-07, 04:11 PM
Ohhh, and I'm sure those on this board who have worked in a technical support role can tell you, you would be surprised to know how many people those canned answers end up helping. Unfortunately, for those who need help after that, there sometimes isn't a quick way to get it.

dando
12-01-07, 04:20 PM

http://callcentermovie.com/movie/movie2.html

:gomer:

I've had direct experience with off shoring for customer service and development/quality assurance. The perceived bottom-line savings with why going offshore is so appealing, but many companies (like Dell) have actually brought offshore customer support back onshore. My experience with development has been horrendous, but a bit better with quality assurance. :\ Place like Bangalore are so f'ed up, I'm amazed they can get anything done.

-Kevin

cameraman
12-01-07, 04:32 PM
It could be worse, you could be talking to US based, cost cutting gutted "customer service". I need a quote for a high speed centrifuge and swing bucket rotor. We are talking a combined list price of ~$49,000. Can I get a quote from the manufacturer? Hell no. It seems that the sales rep position that covers the University of Utah is open so there is no one who can give me a quote. So I ask is there a manager I can speak to to get the quote, I have a deadline and I need to buy this thing immediately. The response? "No, we can not give you a quote until the position is filled, call back later. Good bye.:flame:

I have never been so flabbergasted in all my life.:shakehead

G.
12-01-07, 04:41 PM
It could be worse, you could be talking to US based, cost cutting gutted "customer service". I need a quote for a high speed centrifuge and swing bucket rotor. We are talking a combined list price of ~$49,000. Can I get a quote from the manufacturer? Hell no. It seems that the sales rep position that covers the University of Utah is open so there is no one who can give me a quote. So I ask is there a manager I can speak to to get the quote, I have a deadline and I need to buy this thing immediately. The response? "No, we can not give you a quote until the position is filled, call back later. Good bye.:flame:

I have never been so flabbergasted in all my life.:shakeheadTake the job, sell yourself the equipment at a steep, introductory discount, then quit.

Sheesh! For someone that made a killing off of the Uniphase stocks, you just ain't that quick on your feet, is you?

:p :gomer:

cameraman
12-01-07, 04:50 PM
For someone that made a killing off of the Uniphase stocks, you just ain't that quick on your feet, is you?

Too bad it was a tiny little killing. If I had had the courage I would have invested more than 200-. I made some money to be sure but I sure as hell did not get rich. In another case of timidity I bought all of 20 shares of Apple stock a little while back at 18-/share. It is running around 170- now but I only bought 20 freakin' shares. I'm too gutless ever buy more than a handful of shares:shakehead

Spicoli
12-02-07, 10:47 AM
http://callcentermovie.com/movie/movie2.html

funny. :D

asss=app/:rofl: