PDA

View Full Version : Plan to pitch a tent at RA again in 2008

pchall
10-29-07, 04:04 PM
http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071029/SHE02/710290521

Posted October 29, 2007

Auto racing: Road America's 2008 schedule announced

Sheboygan Press staff

For the second straight year, the American Le Mans Series and Champ Car World Series will race at Road America the same weekend.

The Elkhart Lake racetrack's schedule of events for 2008 was released over the weekend on its Web site. Dates are tentative and subject to change.

The ALMS and Champ Car weekend is scheduled for Aug. 7-10. The Generac 500, featuring the ALMS sports cars, will again be held on a Saturday (Aug. 9). The Champ Car Grand Prix will be held Sunday (Aug. 10).

Wabbit
10-29-07, 04:07 PM
Well, that makes 2 races scheduled for next year.

TrueBrit
10-29-07, 04:09 PM
Excellent!!:thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
10-29-07, 04:45 PM
Looks like tentative tent pitching to me.

TKGAngel
10-29-07, 04:49 PM
Looks like tentative tent pitching to me.

Those teases. ;)

Champcar scheduling...release enough trickles of information, and the internet people will compile the schedule for you. No need to hire a logistics department.

Andrew Longman
10-29-07, 05:57 PM
Dates are tentative and subject to change.

I hope so. That's the same weekend again as the Cup race at the Glen. Not that its my choice but my wife will again make me go with her sisters family and friends to the Glen rather than go to WI.

Years back they were on back-to-back weekends and I would take two weeks off to camp in Ontario and Upper MI around the race weekend. My ideal family vacation. :D

Indy
10-29-07, 09:47 PM
I hope so. That's the same weekend again as the Cup race at the Glen. Not that its my choice but my wife will again make me go with her sisters family and friends to the Glen rather than go to WI.

Dude, just get it over with and cut them off.

Methanolandbrats
10-29-07, 10:00 PM
Dude, just get it over with and cut them off. Exactly, I used to get dragged to all sorts of in-law gatherings. Then I said **** it, I'm not going. Initially it pissed a lot of people off, but after a couple years they got used to it. Now when I do show up they treat my like royalty :D

KLang
10-30-07, 09:28 AM
Dates are tentative and subject to change

I do wish they would nail this down. I'd like to make a Motel reservation.

stroker
10-30-07, 10:32 AM
I do wish they would nail this down. I'd like to make a Motel reservation.

Just make a bunch of 'em. You can always cancel later.

KLang
10-30-07, 10:54 AM
Just make a bunch of 'em. You can always cancel later.

The nearby hotels that I have dealt with want $$ in advance for race weekends.

stroker
10-30-07, 11:04 AM

Ah... You're obviously used to dealing with a higher-end establishment than those I frequent...

:o

Hey, just in case anyone cares, the Oshkosh Fly In is the weekend before RA in 2008. That might make a hell of a week's vacation.

Andrew Longman
10-30-07, 11:06 AM

Camp.

I flew in a few years ago with the boys and two duffle bags. One was filled with a tent, bags, pads, etc. The other with clothes. Picked food, a foam cooler and a disposable charcoal grill up over at the Uber Walmart. Done. :D

Andrew Longman
10-30-07, 11:18 AM
Dude, just get it over with and cut them off.

Dude, they're Greek. Greeks are incredibly warm, hospitable and loyal people. Until you are not warm, hospitable and loyal. Then they track you down and cut you up as if you were a Turk. :gomer:

The lengths I go to. I hauled the family into Manhattan on Saturday for the Christening of some distant cousin. Service took more than an hour, the poor girl screamed for her parents the whole time (the parents aren't allowed to touch the baby until the service is finished) and the whole thing is in Greek (which is Greek to me and my kids). Trevor fell asleep standing up. My youngest crawled under the pews and took a nap.

But then its not over. They rented out an entire restaurant on the Hudson with a grand view of the GW bridge and there is a Big Fat Greek Christening Party until past midnight complete with blaring Greek music and dancing. OOMPAH!!!

But my wife loves it... except when I have to start planning about 2 hours in advance how to work our exit because her plan is usually to be the very last person to leave any gathering. ;)

KLang
10-30-07, 11:37 AM
Ah... You're obviously used to dealing with a higher-end establishment than those I frequent...

:o

Not really, we stayed at the Baymont in Sheboygan regularly and they charged up front for race weekends. I don't want to contemplate what would be lower-end then the Baymont. :eek:

stroker
10-30-07, 03:27 PM
Not really, we stayed at the Baymont in Sheboygan regularly and they charged up front for race weekends. I don't want to contemplate what would be lower-end then the Baymont. :eek:

I went with the Super 8 in Manitowoc. I love da submarine.