PDA

View Full Version : I watched Driven on DVD tonight

Rogue Leader
10-27-07, 12:29 AM
Yeah I know... its crap.

But looking at it brings me back to a time when CART had the world by the balls still.... I watched Australia on DVR today and while it wasn't a bad race, It just doesn't excite me anymore. I long for the days when a crap movie could be made about this sport and actually make it to theaters!

I am not gonna say I give up, I will watch Champ Car while its on TV, I'll even DVR every race like I have done. But in the end, I only watch because I am a deep rooted fan, and I can absolutely see why nobody gives a **** anymore.

greenie
10-27-07, 02:48 AM
Driven was at the Hail Mary end of CART. There were sponsors all over the cars, but the stock was tanking and the writing was on the wall. Personally, I'd never have thought that it was going so far south at the time, but I was wrong.

Driven brings me back to a time when CART stock was hovering around $3 a share, and everyone was scurrying for the exits. I'm all for banning that movie. :D

Don Quixote
10-27-07, 09:43 AM
Still puzzled as to why it got skipped over come oscar time.

miatanut
10-27-07, 10:44 PM
Driven was at the Hail Mary end of CART. There were sponsors all over the cars, but the stock was tanking and the writing was on the wall. Personally, I'd never have thought that it was going so far south at the time, but I was wrong.

Driven brings me back to a time when CART stock was hovering around $3 a share, and everyone was scurrying for the exits. I'm all for banning that movie. :D

Now we have a series which is at least being presented as in the black, but the cars all have two bit sponsors or no sponsors at all.

I think I'll take a sick series with healthy teams over sick teams with a healthy series.

RusH
10-27-07, 11:30 PM
Fans would love the quarter trick before every event :gomer:

Sean Malone
10-27-07, 11:34 PM
Now we have a series which is at least being presented as in the black, but the cars all have two bit sponsors or no sponsors at all.

I think I'll take a sick series with healthy teams over sick teams with a healthy series.

Which series is in the 'black'?

nrc
10-27-07, 11:57 PM

What the heck does that mean? :\

Louie
10-28-07, 12:02 AM
I'm in the Driven crowd scenes you know :tony:

RusH
10-28-07, 12:12 AM

We need a screen shot with a big red arrow pointing to your White Sox cap. :)

ferrarigod
10-28-07, 03:10 PM

what race were you at? i was at the race in jeremany when the car went flying through the catch fence(ala Grand Pricks) and ended up in the mud bog before exploding in a huge fireball(like a good methanol explosion would!). it was me screaming for someone to help. Thank god Memo is ok.

greenie
10-28-07, 06:04 PM
^^^^

:laugh:

Louie
10-28-07, 07:57 PM
what race were you at?

Chicago. Mikey Andretti called PT a bonehead. You remember :\

Rogue Leader
10-29-07, 12:27 AM
I remember watching it (and thinking again now when i watched it) who in hell thought of these horribly ridiculous crash sequences there is no way any race fan would ever put these things in a film. It made Champ Car look downright barbaric. That scene with Memo ending up in the drink in Germany could have totally been done (and still putting him in the water) 1/3 as ridiculously.

Oh and I really loved how they launched a tire into the stands 1 year after a spectator got killed at a race by the same... real classy :rolleyes:

robot9000
10-29-07, 01:12 PM
We should get a copy each to KK, PG and Forsyth (although he was actually there, so he may remember what it was like).

It will show them what a race series is supposed to be like.

Wabbit
10-29-07, 01:26 PM
We should get a copy each to KK, PG and Forsyth (although he was actually there, so he may remember what it was like).

It will show them what a race series is supposed to be like.

Super Speedway would be better for that.

STD
10-29-07, 02:23 PM
Super Speedway :thumbup:

Driven :saywhat:

miatanut
10-29-07, 03:40 PM
Which series is in the 'black'?

KK's line that they aren't losing money. No I don't believe it, but I'm sure CCWS is a lot closer to break-even than any of the teams.

miatanut
10-29-07, 03:45 PM
What the heck does that mean? :\

2001-2003 CART. The Series was in deep doo-doo, but the teams still had nice sponsorship contracts.

Compare that to now, when KK would have us believe CCWS is at break-even, while the teams run out of the owners' pockets. Even if it was true, I'd much rather have the 2001-2003 CART model.

Rogue Leader
10-30-07, 04:03 PM
Thinking about it.... I miss the days when an honest man could import 300 tons of Columbian made marajuana to get a few runs at pole in the 500 with the Arcieros. :D

Oops did I say that out loud? hehehehe