PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with this car??

cart7
05-09-03, 10:36 PM
I was at the local Wal-Mart today and I saw the funkiest car called a "Quick Silver" by Zimmer??? Kind of ugly and looked sorta like a modified late sixties Riviera, yet it was a 2 seater.
Anyone??

Don Quixote
05-10-03, 12:37 AM
Zimmer web site (http://www.zimmermotorcars.com/quicksilver.html)
Only 170 made.
Imagine parking it in a Walmart parking lot. :eek: :cool:

RacinM3
05-10-03, 02:40 AM
After looking at those photos I realize why only 170 were made.

cart7
05-10-03, 08:47 AM
The one I saw was red and not in particularly good shape. Fiero huh. Well, that explains the 2 seat cockpit. I thought that looked vaguely familiar, but the car itself was much longer and slightly wider than the Fiero. I found one on Barrett-Jackson going up for sale in the FLA. auction. The guy didn't actually park at Wal-mart, I pulled into the store behind him, followed that car around until he pulled back out of the lot and left. I was hoping to get a word with him about the car.

From Barrett-Jackson:

1986 ZIMMER QUICK SILVER COUPE
LOT #115 - RESERVE
2003 PBCCA CCA

OPTIONS
COLOR - SILVER
TRANS - AUTO
CYLINDERS - 6
ENGINE SIZE - 2.8
VERY RARE #63 OF 170 EVER BUILT, ORIGINAL OWNER, ONLY 14,000 MILES, GARAGE KEPT, POWER EVERYTHING AUTOMATIC, COLD AIR, PW,PS, PB, WITH CRUISE CONTROL, BURLWOOD DASH WITH CUSTOM RED LEATHER INTERIOR DESIGNED BY DON JOHNSON. THIS CAR HAS 2 TRUNKS, FRONT TRUNK AND A REMOTE CONTROL GOLF TRUNK IN REAR. TRUE SPOKE WHEELS AND OUTSTANDING CHROME BUMPERS, THIS UNIQUE CAR DRAWS A LOT OF ATTENTION. THIS QUICKSILVER IN COLOR SILVER IS THE RAREST. GOOD ON GAS - GOOD ON LOOKS.

Hink
05-10-03, 11:24 AM
The pictures remind me of the mid 70s Stutz, at least in the sense of when you look at it you say to yourself, "What the hell was that?"