PDA

View Full Version : How bout those Gators...

jcollins28
10-25-07, 07:52 PM
Dolphins LB Channing Crowder, who appears likely to start in the middle Sunday against the Giants with Zach Thomas ailing, says he didn't know until Tuesday that people in London speak English.

"I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries," he said. "I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I know London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That’s the closest thing I know to London. He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London. I’m sure that’s a coincidental name."
Source: Palm Beach Post

NOTE: Crowder is a Gator.

Is that why people pronounce it, University of Flori-duh?

skaven
10-25-07, 09:35 PM
I sai, its grate to bee a Flori-duh Gatr ! ! ! :rofl:

I think there is a chance he is being sarcastic.... at least according to the orange and blue koolaid drinkers at the Gatorsports forums.

I hope so... :o

He is either a sarcastic, rich man or a very stupid, rich man.

WickerBill
10-25-07, 09:47 PM
hahahah

I'd bet a paycheck it wasn't sarcasm

Sean Malone
10-25-07, 09:54 PM
As a new Floridian I can attest to the accuracy of the accusations.

Although most of the people here are from NYC. Go figure.:)

Robstar
10-25-07, 10:05 PM
He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London

:laugh:

Methanolandbrats
10-25-07, 11:09 PM
"higher" education at it's finest.

ferrarigod
10-26-07, 01:43 AM
there's a reason he left UF early.

:rofl: :rofl:

i need a video of dat.

RusH
10-26-07, 07:19 AM
As a new Floridian I can attest to the accuracy of the accusations.

Although most of the people here are from NYC. Go figure.:)

:wave::gomer:

Insomniac
10-26-07, 07:43 AM
He did get a 30 on the Wonderlic (http://72.14.209.104/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfldraftnews.com%2Fplay ers%2Fdetails%3Fpyid%3D10490&btnG=Search) and was in National Honor Society (http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=37301). Maybe he was being sarcastic.

I get WB's paycheck if I'm right! ;)

Sean Malone
10-26-07, 07:59 AM
:wave::gomer:

At least I can get good bagels down here!:D

Andrew Longman
10-26-07, 08:00 AM
He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London

Black NYG Ositadinma "Osi" Umenyiora was born in London and lived there for eight years before moving to Alabama.

He'll be regularly visiting with the Dolphins quarterback on Sunday evening. I'm sure it will be an education. :D

TKGAngel
10-26-07, 09:07 AM
"I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries," he said. "I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I know London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That’s the closest thing I know to London. He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London. I’m sure that’s a coincidental name."

I really hope that he's being sarcastic. If he's not then every teacher that he's had in his educational career should be taken out back and beaten with a shoe. There's no reason for anyone to not know that London is in England, considering its one of the largest cities in the world.

And someone should tell him that London Fletcher's from Cleveland. Which is in Ohio. Which is nowhere near London - England or Ontario.

Sean Malone
10-26-07, 09:21 AM
Just another reminder of how huge of a business college football has become.

I was talking to a buddy of mine here at work the other day about our kids and their college aspirations. He has an MBA from UF as does his wife. Their son has a 4.06gpa, 500 hours of community service, Eagle scout and more and was turned down by UF. My daughter was going to apply there this upcoming year and she's only carrying a 3.9gpa.
But the football player doesn't know where London is located? :shakehead

extramundane
10-26-07, 10:13 AM

I was talking to a buddy of mine here at work the other day about our kids and their college aspirations. He has an MBA from UF as does his wife. Their son has a 4.06gpa, 500 hours of community service, Eagle scout and more and was turned down by UF. My daughter was going to apply there this upcoming year and she's only carrying a 3.9gpa.

My sophomore year at VT, I had a class with the then Great White Hope Jim Druckenmiller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Druckenmiller) (aka Worst NFL QB-slash-coed raper ever). Dude was the dumbest mofo I've ever met, Paff in a football body. Never mind the fact that, as a Senior, he was getting killed in a soph-level history class, he was just a straight-up imbecile. So yeah, I could see him making this exact quote.

ferrarigod
10-26-07, 11:30 AM

If you're not in NHS and a semi or finalist, UF makes it es muy deficile to attend.

WickerBill
10-26-07, 12:29 PM
The Wonderwhatever test probably says things like "hat is to head as glove is to ____", and "What is the next number in this sequence: 4 16 64 ___".

I doubt it has much geography on it.

Andrew Longman
10-26-07, 02:30 PM
My sophomore year at VT, I had a class with the then Great White Hope Jim Druckenmiller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Druckenmiller) (aka Worst NFL QB-slash-coed raper ever). Dude was the dumbest mofo I've ever met, Paff in a football body. Never mind the fact that, as a Senior, he was getting killed in a soph-level history class, he was just a straight-up imbecile. So yeah, I could see him making this exact quote.

I knew a professor at Penn St who taught English to Matt Millen his senior year. He was flunking the course, but was looking for a pass. When the professor protested Matt asked how much he earned and then told him what he'd be worth in few weeks after the draft. Prof said f it and let it slide.

Always thought of that every time Jo Pa goes off about his graduation rate.

OTOH, I went to college with and lived next door to three very good future NHL players. Steve Weekes played goalie for a lot of years with the Rangers. In college he had BOTH the highest GPA (high 3s in Business) and lowest goals against (1 something) of any starting goalie in Div I. Steve Bosak was a Hobey Baker finalist and played for the Flames and Kings. He left before graduation with a 3 something GPA in business but had Calgary put in his contract that they would pay for whatever education he wanted for the rest of his life.

Then there was Tom Laidlaw. Really good, tough defenseman who at one time had the record for consecutive game played with the Rangers. Never went to class, sat on the porch most days and drank beer, never graduated... but a great defenseman who arguably had the best career of the bunch (until he lost his spleen).

Insomniac
10-26-07, 03:28 PM
The Wonderwhatever test probably says things like "hat is to head as glove is to ____", and "What is the next number in this sequence: 4 16 64 ___".

I doubt it has much geography on it.

It probably doesn't, but it is a 12 minute test with 50 questions. A 30 is a good score. Be odd to score a 30 and not know anything about London/England.