PDA

View Full Version : Merger Entering Final Phase?

NismoZ
10-25-07, 10:28 AM
This is not news, fact or even opinion. It is only simple speculation on my part. All I ask is that some of you more thoughtful people here at least consider it. I haven't read any thoughts on this anywhere else and wonder if I'm the only one thinking about it. 1.) Has merger been ongoing for some time now and we don't even realize it? Quite awhile ago I posted ideas concerning a sort of "defacto unification" but didn't get any bites. I'm not talking about a total collapse of CC and teams simply moving over to The League. 2.) Could the powers at the top be skillfully organizing some of the events we have seen to allow for a more seamless transition to a single organizing structure?

Admittedly it certainly doesn't look like a merger of equals, if indeed any such "plan" is in effect but can't you see things going on out there that hint at cooperation that might precede an agreement of some kind? 3.) Could events such as these fit such a scenerio? Honda leaving by '09? A new (mergification) chassis coming on line? Johnson going to The League a final time with offers for help at Indy? (I know of no time line set for any of this.) Two in house engine manufacturers available. League reps talking to Las Vegas (street) promoter. FTG's vision coming closer and closer to what the whole damn thing was before! KK in Europe looking to expand after FTG says he may try that as well? CC suddenly looking to be in a tailspin after showing steady improvement for so long? Sponsor move rumors from CDW and now PKV's Pay by Touch to AGR!? (don't ask) Are all of these things and perhaps a dozen more you might be able to come up with independent of one another or might there be a connection and cooperation of some kind? Too far fetched? I'd never wear socks again!:D

Easy
10-25-07, 11:05 AM
A new (mergification) chassis coming on line? J

A Mergerwagon?

Andrew Longman
10-25-07, 11:05 AM
Could the powers at the top be skillfully organizing some of the events we have seen to allow for a more seamless transition to a single organizing structure?

Respectfully, no.

Nobody in either series has shown much ability to do anything skillful.

I also wouldn't expect to hear such grumpiness from Walker and others if something deliberate was going on behind the scenes.

At best, some viable CC events may be offered up to the IRL if CC can't provide the field. Some teams might move over.

In the end it would not be a merger. TG would run the show.

Sean Malone
10-25-07, 11:10 AM
I also don't think there is anything other than animosity between CC and the IRL. I think it's two desperate, starving entities fighting for any scrap they can tug away from the other.

KK owns Long Beach and Cosworth. Those two things alone keep him in the game.

JLMannin
10-25-07, 11:27 AM
I can't see any of this being part of some master plan. KK and Forsythe turned off the cash spigot and the teams that can secure funding are racing, those who cannot are moving on.

extramundane
10-25-07, 12:00 PM

Quoted for emphasis.

But just in case, I'm registering mergerfanatics.com today. $14 gets your name in purple. :thumbup:

GLenz
10-25-07, 12:11 PM

Zactly! Sad but oh so true.

Sean Malone
10-25-07, 12:42 PM
Quoted for emphasis.

But just in case, I'm registering mergerfanatics.com today. $14 gets your name in purple. :thumbup:

You got hardcards comin'?

Insomniac
10-25-07, 03:08 PM
I think given all past "discussions", neither side is capable of doing this quietly. For whatever reason, people involved are able to leak the information and derail any possible merger. Until whoever those people are, are no longer involved, we won't see a "surprise" merger.

SteveH
10-25-07, 05:32 PM
I would think that for the foreseeable future, merger would be the last thing on KK's mind. And if I'm TG, I wouldn't negotiate anything until after a verdict is reached. Of course, the business acumen demonstrated by the League is rather limited. :tony: You'd think that any series worth its salt could have placed a kill shot in CC over the past few years, going back the bankruptcy proceedings. But it hasn't. :tony: :tony:

Louie
10-25-07, 06:28 PM
:rofl:
A Mergerwagon?

jonovision_man
10-25-07, 06:37 PM
KK and Forsythe turned off the cash spigot and the teams that can secure funding are racing, those who cannot are moving on.

That's a good one. :laugh:

They're securing funding all right... KK signs the cheque, they cash 'em.

jono

NismoZ
10-26-07, 12:10 PM
Mergerwagon, love it. Won't have a merger without one. Ain't gonna be anything we see now.