PDA

View Full Version : Heylen Won't Return

NismoZ
10-24-07, 11:19 AM
Jan Heylen says he's looking to ALMS or Grand Am for a ride because he doesn't think CC will even be around in '08. Wonder if he knows something about Zolder?

Easy
10-24-07, 11:27 AM
Did this information come to you in a vision or did you have a source?

opinionated ow
10-24-07, 12:05 PM
matt halliday was supposed to be back at the end of 07 too...seems that hasn't materialised.

SteveH
10-24-07, 12:40 PM
Did this information come to you in a vision or did you have a source?

Its true

http://www.hbvl.be/nieuws/sport/motorsport/default.asp?art={9A1AA1F8-512D-4C39-B3CE-D362CC35DA37}

:D

Sean Malone
10-24-07, 01:06 PM
Jan Heylen no longer see its future in the Champ Car. The yolk ear has been replaced at the conquest team by Nelson Philippe, because a sponsor (the promoter of the race in attic) no longer came concerning the bridge. In contrast to earlier plans Heylen have not set off to Australia, where the championship is this weekend active. He talks at present with teams from Grand-Am and ALMS, two American championships. Heylen: If Champ Car-team contact me: so much the better. But I sit wait for there no longer. I can come to the costs in other championships and at present concentrate I then. I have let shoot to the sniffing to Australia for an appointment with a team. The future of the Champ Car is moreover highest uncertain. In Australia a quarter of the file of the field has been replaced and the top team RUSport van Champ Car-topman then Petit no longer come in 2008, to the start. More and more observers think that the championship no longer exists next year.

From link above (translated of course).

Sean Malone
10-24-07, 01:10 PM
Sounds like he doesn't have a ride but will take a look if a CC team calls him and then he'll question the health of the series to boot.

Whatever. No story.

slashman
10-24-07, 05:29 PM
If he is offered a ride he will be back in Champ Car! Read somewhere that the article was taken out of context and he will be working on 2008 to be back on the grid!

KLang
10-25-07, 06:42 AM
Update to the original story on AR1:

The author said he doubts Champ Car will make it in 2008 but Jan Heylen told Autoracing1.com today that those were not his words and that Champ Car has been a great series and he is trying to put a deal together for 2008 in Champ Car. To cover his bases in case it does not work out in Champ Car, yes he is looking at ALMS and Grand-Am too.