PDA

View Full Version : Brazil result - spoiler

jonovision_man
10-21-07, 01:35 PM
omfg!!! :eek: :eek: :rofl: :rofl:

jono

NismoZ
10-21-07, 01:40 PM
Spoiler? What's the time limit?:D ...I'd love to compile some of the quotes from broadcasting crew. Priceless! "MORE than unbelievable, Bob!":rofl: Now THAT was a race. More drama than race, but...what a RACE!:thumbup: Think I'll watch more closely next year.;)

Indy
10-21-07, 01:44 PM
Best race I have seen in years, by far.

I am a McLaren fan, and even I am pleased with this result. Hammy will have his chance, Kimi deserves it, and Alonso is a tool. Too bad Ferrari wins, but so be it. Great season, Kimi!!!!

extramundane
10-21-07, 01:44 PM
Has Peter Windsor seppuku-ed himself yet?

cameraman
10-21-07, 01:49 PM
Nah, he needs to do the interview first

RichK
10-21-07, 01:52 PM
AWESOME!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Indy
10-21-07, 01:52 PM
Did you notice that at one point in the broadcast Hobbes slipped and called him Peter Hamilton?

In Peter's dreams. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cameraman
10-21-07, 01:53 PM
That's after the wedding

jonovision_man
10-21-07, 01:56 PM
Kimi earned it, has more wins than anyone this season... :thumbup: They were completely dominant today.

Alonso screwed his own season with the B.S. with the team, he needs to grow up.

Ron Dennis screwed their season with the B.S. with Alonso, he needs to grow balls.

Hamilton got screwed by the team last race (the tires), should have clinched it then. Showed his inexperience today at the start, and the equipment screwed him later.

jono

ferrarigod
10-21-07, 02:38 PM
i'm still peeing my pants in glee.

Schumacher would have won it 2 races ago, however.

:D

NismoZ
10-21-07, 03:19 PM
Pete Hamilton? Huh, I immediately thought of a Petty Superbird. '70, I think. Won Daytona that year?

devilmaster
10-21-07, 03:44 PM
I'm laughing at Ron Dennis right now.... the only team that could screw the pooch this bad.....

well, maybe forsythe. ;)

Spicoli
10-21-07, 04:07 PM
wow. as others have said - great race and congrats to Kimi-bot. :thumbup:

extramundane
10-21-07, 04:18 PM
I'm laughing at Ron Dennis right now.... the only team that could screw the pooch this bad.....

well, maybe forsythe. ;)

It's the FIA's fault that Hamilton cracked like Gary Busey today! :gomer:

Bob Kubica in '08. You heard it here 894th.

Methanolandbrats
10-21-07, 04:35 PM
WHOOOHOOO........... :happy dance:...........suck it team cheater..............finally Kimi gets one.........I wonder if he will have a cocktail tonight :D

Insomniac
10-21-07, 04:46 PM
Crazy turn of events. Kind of like last year when you thought Schumacher had it with the Alonso failure and then Alonso got it with the Schumacher failure.

Also, another interesting thing is if McLaren would've kept their Constructor points and not been able to win the appeal of the Hungary points, the standings would be:

Ferrari 204
McLaren 203

oddlycalm
10-21-07, 05:39 PM
I'm laughing at Ron Dennis right now.... the only team that could screw the pooch this bad... Too true. Aside from Hamilton racing Kimi at Shanghai and battling for the lead today, when neither were necessary, the entire season was one long close order group fornication. Great car, two great drivers and Ron manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. You suppose the folks at Benz are a little pissed off?

Fun race to watch and a fitting end to this particular season. Nice to see Kimi finally get one. :thumbup:

oc

TedN
10-21-07, 05:46 PM
It ain't over till it's over ...

BMW Sauber and Williams are under investigation of the Brazilian Grand Prix race stewards, autosport.com has learned.

Representatives of both teams were summoned to the stewards' office after their cars failed post-race inspection at Brazil.

The problem is believed to be in the tempature of the fuel samples taken from the cars of Williams's Nico Rosberg and BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld.

The trio finished the race in fourth, fifth and sixth respectively.

Source (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63547)

Ted

jonovision_man
10-21-07, 05:53 PM
^^^ Probably nothing. 2 teams suggests an anomaly.

Temperature of the fuel? :confused:

jono

ferrarigod
10-21-07, 06:28 PM
^^^ Probably nothing. 2 teams suggests an anomaly.

Temperature of the fuel? :confused:

jono

brazil stewards upset over Felipe going a bit slow on his 3rd out lap?

WHOOOHOOO........... :happy dance:...........suck it team cheater..............finally Kimi gets one.........I wonder if he will have a cocktail tonight :D

I hear he's getting drunk on a boat on the coast in Brazil, waiting for everyone to have cameras on before falling on his brain.

It's nice to know that somewhere in the world it is 5 o'clock, and on the opposite side of the world Kimi is drunk.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-VW2oAkjcJ4

the secret to kimi's success found last year at Brazil, applied to '07

http://youtube.com/watch?v=296Y10QcAs8&mode=related&search=

TedN
10-21-07, 06:31 PM
... Spyker technical chief Mike Gascoyne said he believed the variation would have provided a performance advantage.

"It can be five to ten horsepower easily," he told autosport.com. "The car is producing a performance advantage during the race. If they dump fuel in that is below the limit, it is an illegal performance advantage. They should be excluded from the event, there is absolutely no doubt."

The implications of a disqualification for the BMW and Williams drivers would be huge, as it could potentially move Lewis Hamilton up the order into fourth place.

In such a case, Hamilton would be crowned the world championship.

Link (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63557)

Ted

NismoZ
10-21-07, 08:46 PM
Now, all that sounds very...European!

Methanolandbrats
10-21-07, 08:59 PM
Tards on Speed said no penalty for fuelgate. Kimi can resume drinking immedialty. I'm really happy for him.

meadors
10-21-07, 09:01 PM
It is officially Kimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
What a pizzer that would have been. If he lost it to somebody else's penalty.

Raikkonen title confirmed
After a meeting between race stewards and representatives from the offending teams however it was decided that no sanctions would be taken against the drivers' places in the finishing order.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21102007/58/raikkonen-title-confirmed.html

Methanolandbrats
10-21-07, 09:17 PM
Aw jeesus, Ron is going to appeal and Hamilton's girlfriend Peter Windsor says they have a good case.

ferrarigod
10-21-07, 10:13 PM
Ron Dennis says:

“In difficult moments like this you have just got to have a sporting attitude to the outcome,”

“But it’s not about one race, its about the world championship and we have got to be positive and sporting and look forward to next year.”

“But as we said, this is a sport and we will be sporting about it – we have done a good job but it just came as at the wrong time.”

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41140

Very sporting to challenge this Ronald.

Ron, you're lucky you even are sporting racing this year and next year, and should be thanking Max that you even have sporting Drivers points and maybe a chance at some money this year from the sporting FIA.

loser.

RusH
10-21-07, 10:43 PM
This just in, F1 drops SpeedTV for CourtTV.

RusH
10-21-07, 11:03 PM
...and of course..Windsor on Windbag says the McLaren appeal has legs.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l57/noddy93ms/ph.jpg

indyfan31
10-22-07, 01:22 AM
Outstanding race, some great fights in the field. Not quite the way I thought it would, I figured Hamilton and Alonso would take each other out. All that and Kimi wins the whole damn thing, I guess sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

ferrarigod
10-22-07, 02:50 AM
Take away Williams and BMW constructor points for the race.

If it works for stealing data, it should work for chilly fuel.

chop456
10-22-07, 03:10 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/3803709.stm

cameraman
10-22-07, 03:20 AM
His report states that Nick Heidfeld's fuel temperature was measured during his two stops as having been 24° C and 25° C, when the ambient temperature was 37° C.

Two or three degrees C too low is not freezing the fuel. What, do they have tank heaters to warm the fuel as the ambient temperature increases during the race?

emjaya
10-22-07, 07:37 AM
They have fuel radiators to keep the temps down, just like the oil and water. Must work too well. :confused:

Kimi wins one at last. :thumbup: :D

TrueBrit
10-22-07, 09:17 AM
It's only cheating when McLaren do it....when Ferrari or other teams do it, they just get stewards enquiries....:rolleyes:

Lewis bottled it...then his car almost bottled it...and Kimi won it...

I am sooooooooooooglad that the snitch didn't win it, and I hope he has fun tending his garden next summer...

TrueBrit
10-22-07, 09:18 AM
Ron Dennis says:

“In difficult moments like this you have just got to have a sporting attitude to the outcome,”

“But it’s not about one race, its about the world championship and we have got to be positive and sporting and look forward to next year.”

“But as we said, this is a sport and we will be sporting about it – we have done a good job but it just came as at the wrong time.”

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41140

Very sporting to challenge this Ronald.

Ron, you're lucky you even are sporting racing this year and next year, and should be thanking Max that you even have sporting Drivers points and maybe a chance at some money this year from the sporting FIA.

loser.

Yeah, because no employee of Ferrari did anything wrong this year, right?

Riiiiiiiiiiight...:gomer:

Methanolandbrats
10-22-07, 09:40 AM
Yeah, because no employee of Ferrari did anything wrong this year, right?

Riiiiiiiiiiight...:gomer: They're smart enough not to get caught :gomer:

Insomniac
10-22-07, 10:05 AM

Haven't there been other races this year where driver points/constructor points were excluded, but they kept their finishing positions intact so no one was moved up?

Methanolandbrats
10-22-07, 10:11 AM
Haven't there been other races this year where driver points/constructor points were excluded, but they kept their finishing positions intact so no one was moved up? I don't know, but I do know Ferrari spanked McLaren yesterday and Hamilton choked, so Kimi earned it.

Andrew Longman
10-22-07, 10:42 AM
They actually measure the tempurature of the fuel? Geez.

Chilling the fuel condenses it making it flow faster and packing more energy into the same volume. I never heard or thought of that. But where is the harm? How is this an unfair or unsafe practice? Presumably everyone is doing this to some extent because if it matters performance-wise at all team will be concerned when they race in nearly 100 degree temps (as they did in Brazil).

Williams and BMW must simply have over-estimated how hot it was and how quickly the fuel would warm. Does this mean F1 fuel cells are insulated? The heat sink after two hours makes cars pretty hot.

oddlycalm
10-22-07, 01:44 PM
The FIA would be wise to do nothing to effect the outcome of the WDC but fuel that is 12-13c below ambient is a blatant violation. They don't have to mess with the finishing classification even if those cars are excluded upon appeal.

Article 168 of the International Sporting Code makes it clear that it is at the stewards' discretion whether or not cars are moved up the order in the event of other cars being excluded.

It states: "The stewards of the meeting shall declare the resulting amendment in the placings and awards, and they shall decide whether the next competitor should be moved up in the classification."

Appeal may not effect classification (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63591)

oc

Dirk Diggler
10-22-07, 02:39 PM
In only 24 hours, Kimi has had an effect on Wall Street. Booze sales are up 15%!:laugh:

BROWN FORMAN INC B (NYSE:BF-B)

Last Trade: 72.22
Trade Time: 2:16PM ET
Change: 0.15 (0.21%)

http://www.brown-forman.com/brands/

cameraman
10-22-07, 03:28 PM
The FIA would be wise to do nothing to effect the outcome of the WDC but fuel that is 12-13c below ambient is a blatant violation. Remember that 10c below ambient is legal and if ambient rises during the race are the teams supposed to be continually warming the fuel chasing a moving target?

meadors
10-22-07, 09:08 PM
They actually measure the tempurature of the fuel? Geez.

Chilling the fuel condenses it making it flow faster and packing more energy into the same volume. I never heard or thought of that. But where is the harm? How is this an unfair or unsafe practice? Presumably everyone is doing this to some extent because if it matters performance-wise at all team will be concerned when they race in nearly 100 degree temps (as they did in Brazil).

Williams and BMW must simply have over-estimated how hot it was and how quickly the fuel would warm. Does this mean F1 fuel cells are insulated? The heat sink after two hours makes cars pretty hot.

When I used to buy tanker loads of diesel #2, I would often get an invoice from the trucker stating the delivery volume. When the bill came there would be a temperature adjustment usually reducing the volume we had to pay for since it was delivered hot and usually condensed after introduction to the tank.
We store gasoline in an underground tank and the supplier makes no adjustment for temp, but we commonly lose up to 5% of the delivered volume to temperature condensation.

Gnam
10-23-07, 12:29 PM
I'd love to compile some of the quotes from broadcasting crew. Priceless!
Was it me or did the Speed broadcast take on a funeral atmosphere toward the end? Kimi's come from behind first WDC couldn't overcome their depression about Hamilton losing.

I was waiting for Peter Windsor to suggest Alonso should slow down to crash himself and one of the BMW's out for Lewis' benefit. :laugh:

Insomniac
10-23-07, 12:47 PM
Was it me or did the Speed broadcast take on a funeral atmosphere toward the end? Kimi's come from behind first WDC couldn't overcome their depression about Hamilton losing.

I was waiting for Peter Windsor to suggest Alonso should slow down to crash himself and one of the BMW's out for Lewis' benefit. :laugh:

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the announcing crew (not Windsor). The race was decided. The Ferrari's were way, way ahead of Alonso. He needed an engine failure or something. The only intrigue left in the race was if there was anyway Hamilton could move up a couple spots, and that was not happening without a wreck/failures.

But, I was flipping to the race during commercials of the football game so I admittedly didn't see it all.

Sean Malone
10-23-07, 12:50 PM

media darlings tend to do that. Ever watch golf?

Dirty Sanchez
10-23-07, 03:17 PM
I don't know about you guys, but that choke deserves some kind of trophy :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: :laugh:

Gnam
10-23-07, 04:37 PM
The Chuck Norris Choke of Death Award
Awarded for Choking like Chuck Norris himself has his steely grip around your puny throat.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/843/smileswhilewalkerkillshzb3.jpg

The Lattrell Sprewell "Die Motherf*****!" Award
Awarded to those willing to choke the life out of their shot at success just to prove they don't take no mess from no one.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4357/67367381697da206aeyi5.jpg

ferrarigod
10-29-07, 04:58 PM

my idea makes more sense then ever when reviewing some data.

just as somehow Lewis and Fernando didn't get an advantage(but somehow the team did) and they were not taken out of the championship drivers points, then BMW and Williams should lose their Constructors points, but since the drivers 'didn't cheat' (although it is a team sport, and this arguement is total b.s.) then the drivers should keep their points.

what's good for the goose is good for the gander. how nice would it be for mclaren to lose on the same thing that the FIA tried to gift Lewis/Alonso the title with!

hahaha. loser.s.