PDA

View Full Version : Surfers race

KLang
10-20-07, 11:31 PM
Finally!

RD seems to be working:thumbup:

RusH
10-21-07, 01:36 AM
See you in F1 Seabass. Nice work getting the 4th.

Can you take HampsonTard with you? :gomer:

jonovision_man
10-21-07, 07:43 AM
Good job Bourdais. :thumbup: I enjoyed watching him in ChampCar, his clashes with PT made for one of the most entertaining rivalries I've ever seen. Balances out the not-so-entertaining moments when he lead flag-to-flag unchallenged. :)

I'm glad he's moving on, eager to see how he performs in F1 and the ChampCar domination was getting old.

jono

KLang
10-21-07, 08:29 AM
Congrats to SB.

Kinda boring race after the six week buildup. ;)

opinionated ow
10-21-07, 09:20 AM
Congrats to SB.

i liked will power trying to blame katherine for not letting him past. she gave him space, and she was on the same lap.....

NismoZ
10-21-07, 09:39 AM
Yep, Power should have won the whole thing but both he and the team screwed up. That's the way it goes. I think Bruno stalled on purpose so he could go to the "preferred strategy" to get to the front!;)

Hard Driver
10-21-07, 10:03 AM
i liked will power trying to blame katherine for not letting him past. she gave him space, and she was on the same lap.....

I fell to sleep part way through, so I did not see Power blame Katherine. However, that's ridiculous. I saw the incident and she held her line and did not even turn in to the corner and he locked up the rear and slid into her car. 100% Power's fault.

TravelGal
10-21-07, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately Power has turned into a legend in his own mind. With all the adoration he got this week, it only made it worse. I have a couple of words with him each year in Long Beach. This this he had "gone Hollywood" as we say around here. Too bad. Lost another one to his own ego.

OTOH, ain't Nelson Phillippe grand these days?

NismoZ
10-21-07, 01:43 PM
He is? Gotta be a woman, I guess.:p

Indy
10-21-07, 01:49 PM
he had "gone Hollywood" as we say around here.

That's too bad. It is funny to me that anyone would be that way as a Champ Car driver. The guy can walk around here in the Indianapolis area and no one knows who he is.

Seriously, the series should be begging these guys to get out there and kiss some fan butts.

"Please watch us. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!"

Insomniac
10-21-07, 04:37 PM
Once again, PT/FCR can't get the fuel right. Congrats to SB. I won't miss you, but you did dominate.

TravelGal
10-21-07, 06:36 PM
He is? Gotta be a woman, I guess.:p

:) I'm sure it helps but I meant that he's lost the "I can't understand why we aren't faster" attitude and comes across in his interviews as a GROWNUP not a stupid kid, not to mention that 6th ain't bad for the first race in a new car after zero seat time.

NismoZ
10-21-07, 08:38 PM
A 314,136 4-day gate. Don't know if the 57k Thurs. was paid or not but 300k+ sounds pretty good. :thumbup:

opinionated ow
10-21-07, 08:41 PM
A 314,136 4-day gate. Don't know if the 57k Thurs. was paid or not but 300k+ sounds pretty good. :thumbup:

alot of schools go on the thursday-very cheap or free entry iirc. the drinking isn't a problem on the thursday.

emjaya
10-22-07, 08:16 AM
Two things from the local rag; the track may be changed next year because of land resumption due to major roadworks. How, it did not say.

And the price to rent an apartment over looking the track for the week: $15,000. :eek:

NismoZ
10-22-07, 10:34 AM
So? Split costs with 150 of your closest friends! (What, no naked pics this year? I hear that sort of behavior was finally being seriously restricted?:) And what about the HUEY with the guys holding their request sign out the door while flying low over the beach? That one should be posted every year as part of Surfers tradition. We used to do that in Hawaii, without the sign...the girls just KNEW what they were supposed to do! Usually worked. Had to get low for "shark patrol" ya know. )...PS-what is "land resumption?"

TrueBrit
10-22-07, 01:42 PM
Congrats to SB.

There was a race this weekend?:confused:

Methanolandbrats
10-22-07, 01:58 PM
There was a race this weekend?:confused: Not really, a French guy was the grand marshal of a parade in Australia. :gomer:

oddlycalm
10-22-07, 02:27 PM
the price to rent an apartment over looking the track for the week: $15,000. :eek: So, you think $15,000 for the apartment, $15,000 for companions with a taste for the bizarre and $15,000 for food and drink should cover all contingencies for a small group of dedicated race fans...? :D

oc

TrueBrit
10-22-07, 02:43 PM
Not really, a French guy was the grand marshal of a parade in Australia. :gomer:

Aaah....the high-speed version of follow-the-leader....:D

Andrew Longman
10-22-07, 03:42 PM
I rather enjoyed it. I love the crazy fast chicanes and the way the cars get thrown around there.

nrc
10-22-07, 04:19 PM
Not really, a French guy was the grand marshal of a parade in Australia. :gomer:

Did you actually see the race?

emjaya
10-22-07, 05:04 PM
So? Split costs with 150 of your closest friends! (What, no naked pics this year? I hear that sort of behavior was finally being seriously restricted?:) And what about the HUEY with the guys holding their request sign out the door while flying low over the beach? That one should be posted every year as part of Surfers tradition. We used to do that in Hawaii, without the sign...the girls just KNEW what they were supposed to do! Usually worked. Had to get low for "shark patrol" ya know. )...PS-what is "land resumption?"

Resumption

the act of resuming; a reassumption, as of something previously granted.
the act or fact of taking up or going on with again, as of something interrupted.
the act of taking again or recovering something given up or lost.

Land resumption is where the local council/state government/federal government says to you "we want your land. This is what we think it is worth. Here is a cheque. Get out, you're trespassing". :gomer:

There is a limit on how many guests you are allowed to have in your apartment during the weekend. :irked:

Methanolandbrats
10-22-07, 05:24 PM
Did you actually see the race? Why yes I did.

Cam
10-22-07, 07:41 PM
So, you think $15,000 for the apartment, $15,000 for companions with a taste for the bizarre and $15,000 for food and drink should cover all contingencies for a small group of dedicated race fans...? :D

oc

The boobiez alone are worth that! :D

Rosco
10-22-07, 08:22 PM

Send an invite next year:)

NismoZ
10-22-07, 08:32 PM
Oh, eminent domain?...the right of a government to buy property for public use? Thanks. Hard to believe you wouldn't want 150 friends in your hotel room, though.:gomer: X2:p

RHR_Fan
10-22-07, 10:36 PM

What is it about men and boobies? If y'all had your own you'd never leave the house. :D

nz_climber
10-23-07, 01:14 AM
What is it about men and boobies? If y'all had your own you'd never leave the house. :D

never has such truth ever been told on an internet forum!! :D

Also saw the race on RD (first race i seen in ages - I liked it :) ) and if your still out there rusty I hope you saw enough boobies for all of us!!

Cam
10-23-07, 09:50 AM

And if you didn't have errr.... one of them, we would not even talk to you. :D