PDA

View Full Version : It's A New Oz Record!

NismoZ
10-20-07, 10:02 AM
Power beats DaMatta's '02 record and squashes everyone else. Nice. FCR must have figured something out, PT 2nd quick but in row 2 with Bourdais, Wilson 5th. So, Will uses p2p to keep the lead on lap one then blocks the rest of the way to save what little he has for the end? Be interesting.

NismoZ
10-20-07, 10:17 AM
And great seeing Tecate on the #28 PCM car of Dominguez. I wonder if it comes off after Mexico City? Are the girls there too!?:gomer:

opinionated ow
10-20-07, 10:21 AM
rolling or standing start today? will determine whether i watch it or not.

jonovision_man
10-20-07, 10:23 AM

You are seriously going to decide whether to watch based on how they do the first 5 seconds of the race?

jono

Spicoli
10-20-07, 10:25 AM

do you think anyone gives a siht? And why aren;t you there anyway, Mr. "Racefan"?

Methanolandbrats
10-20-07, 10:28 AM
I'm turning it off if more than two drivers start on the magic tires...I find it so offensive.

Indy
10-20-07, 10:31 AM
I am not going to watch unless they give me $100.

Pay up, bitches.

extramundane
10-20-07, 11:29 AM
do you think anyone gives a siht? And why aren;t you there anyway, Mr. "Racefan"?

All that USAC footage on YouTube can't watch itself, y'know. :gomer: :gomer:

opinionated ow
10-20-07, 11:36 AM
You are seriously going to decide whether to watch based on how they do the first 5 seconds of the race?

jono
yes. coverage is s@#$house this weekend anyway

I spent more than 300 last year, wasn't worth it. you can see sweet FA, and I don't like being surrounded by a couple of hundred thousand drunk middle aged men.

All that USAC footage on YouTube can't watch itself, y'know. :gomer: :gomer:
not once have i watched usac racing (or WOO for that matter) on youtube. I watch the official videography from the official USAC and WOO videographers.

SteveH
10-20-07, 11:51 AM
I spent more than 300 last year, wasn't worth it. you can see sweet FA, and I don't like being surrounded by a couple of hundred thousand drunk middle aged men.

And your location is Mount Buggery? :eek:

Just too hard to say no to so many, huh? :p :D

opinionated ow
10-20-07, 11:53 AM
And your location is Mount Buggery? :eek:

Just too hard to say no to so many, huh? :p :D

mount buggery is a real place

and anyway back to the new lap record. i'm not ,,,,, and i don't like it being about me.

Jag_Warrior
10-20-07, 12:00 PM
I don't like being surrounded by a couple of hundred thousand drunk middle aged men.

If I could see into Helio's head, I bet this would be a recurring fantasy.

Cam
10-20-07, 06:52 PM
yes. coverage is s@#$house this weekend anyway

Watched it all here. I thought the coverage was pretty good. Obviously I don't have the inflated expectations that you so desire. But thanks for watching anyway. :)

In one short sentence you have managed to insult 2/3's of the posters here. Congratulations.

You are an absolute embarrassment to all Australians. Go down to Bondi and make intimate friends with the first pointer that happens by. Please. :rolleyes:

jonovision_man
10-20-07, 07:34 PM
In one short sentence you have managed to insult 2/3's of the posters here. Congratulations.

Hey, are you saying we're all drunken middle age men??

I resemble that! :D

jono

Tim
10-20-07, 10:26 PM
Chill dude. You just described Long beach minus the killer weed.

Cam
10-20-07, 10:50 PM
Have you even been to a Cab race as well as a V8 event? :gomer:

Indy
10-20-07, 11:15 PM
Chill dude. You just described Long beach minus the killer weed.

Anti-beer and anti-boobie.

OOW, this approaches a level of blasphemy I have not seen since 1994. :saywhat:

ferrarigod
10-21-07, 01:39 AM
When you spend 300AUD (the equivalent of about 280USD) on tickets alone, you expect to see good stuff (the grandstand wasn't even where it was supposed to be). The only reason I saw good stuff was that I caught up with a friend from the states. the whole event was for me a disappointment, and I won't be going to it ever again

i'm gonna go ahead and ignore the ultra stupid parts in your post and focus on the slightly less ignorant words.

When I'm stupid enough to spend $280 on a race ticket(which I wouldn't) one would expect to get ripped off.

It's called get a GA ticket(add paddock pass), camp at the track(or hotel nearby/depending), drink til you don't remember the woman from last night. Rinse, repeat through Sunday.

I spend my $280 on transportation/booze/GA/paddock pass/tents and don't forget the booze.

Are you sure you are a Champ Car fan? Maybe your search for a professional series with youtube videos will lead you to the international R/C racing series, LLC.

emjaya
10-21-07, 05:57 AM
I stayed home and watched the race on television whilst I was laying floor tiles so my day sucked, but I enjoyed the race. It was a pity about Power and his taking out Kat, but that's racing I suppose. Bourdais drove well and deserved his win. :thumbup: :)

I hope Kiwifan had a good time. ;) :D