PDA

View Full Version : What happens to the DP01 and the papers of the universe?

spinner26
10-18-07, 07:10 PM
Once it is officially revealed that CCWS can no longer operate what happens to the DP01 and the papers of the world?

RusH
10-18-07, 07:51 PM
bonfire?

WickerBill
10-18-07, 08:00 PM
Let's limit this conversation to the DP01, please.

nissan gtp
10-18-07, 08:14 PM

well that's no fun

good thing I hit "back" for my first response :D

jonovision_man
10-18-07, 08:25 PM
Once it is officially revealed that CCWS can no longer operate what happens to the DP01

I get the feeling they'll operate... stumbling and bumbling.

If not, well, the DP01 is just too good to mothball, Panoz will find someone to buy them and run a series somewhere with them.

jono

opinionated ow
10-18-07, 08:35 PM
BOSS and Euroboss

gjc2
10-18-07, 08:51 PM
What happens to Off Camber if the CCWS folds?

I have not put up a single d&g post..but 2007 had to be a break out season for Champ Car and it wasn't.

RusH
10-18-07, 09:07 PM

The URL is usable for any racing, the graphic might need an upgrade though.

devilmaster
10-18-07, 10:08 PM

3 good people running the show, I'd bet on it lasting longer than ccws if it folded.... :cool:

Chief
10-19-07, 12:29 AM
Fools. ChampCar is not going anywhere. They are ****ing up, but it's here.

Indy
10-19-07, 06:19 AM
Sign of the times: I am actually more worried about potentially losing offcamber.

I say it should be converted to an all around racing forum for bitter ex-CART fans. :gomer:

KLang
10-19-07, 06:46 AM
I expect to be attending Champ Car races in Las Vegas and Houston (maybe RA too) next year.

As for Offcamber, we've had more traffic in off-topic for awhile now anyway. No reason for it to go anywhere.

Sean O'Gorman
10-19-07, 08:48 AM

I was going to suggest the opposite. ;)

pchall
10-19-07, 10:44 AM
DP01s would make a good suppository for all the flaming a--holes posting here.

Ankf00
10-19-07, 10:59 AM
turn them into jetboats

Insomniac
10-19-07, 12:09 PM
Once it is officially revealed that CCWS can no longer operate what happens to the DP01 and the papers of the world?

Too complex of an issue because we don't know how CCWS would cease operations. Do they sell their assets off? Declare bankruptcy and get sued by a lot of people? Does TG have any interest in the DP01? Would someone else try and give CCWS a spin?

Not sure about paper, but for me, as Manny said, it's not the end of the world.

opinionated ow
10-19-07, 12:22 PM
Not sure about paper, but for me, as Manny said, it's not the end of the world.

he changed his tune? well there is a turn up for the books

spinner26
10-19-07, 05:47 PM
it's not the end of the world.

Not at all suggesting it's the end of the world.

At this point it's only diehards that know the series exist anyway. maybe TG buys what assets are left,DP01, and runs them on road courses or maybe KK puts them in a Don Panoz whse. somewhere for a rainy day? WHo knows, thought it would be an interesting discussion.

There are obviously more people still around with rose colored glasses than what I thought, kinda surprising given the recent history of insecurity form KK and GF.

nice post count too huh?

Insomniac
10-19-07, 11:08 PM
Not at all suggesting it's the end of the world.

At this point it's only diehards that know the series exist anyway. maybe TG buys what assets are left,DP01, and runs them on road courses or maybe KK puts them in a Don Panoz whse. somewhere for a rainy day? WHo knows, thought it would be an interesting discussion.

There are obviously more people still around with rose colored glasses than what I thought, kinda surprising given the recent history of insecurity form KK and GF.

nice post count too huh?

I wasn't saying you thought it would be. Just that I'd be OK the next day. :)

devilmaster
10-20-07, 12:36 AM
nice post count too huh?

I let ya have that. ;) http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ed/tongue.gif

gjc2
10-20-07, 12:12 PM
How many DP01s are there? Is Panoz prepared to build more should a miracle happen and someone wants to buy a new chassis.

RusH
10-20-07, 02:04 PM
How many DP01s are there? Is Panoz prepared to build more should a miracle happen and someone wants to buy a new chassis.

The number is in the mid 20`s from what I`ve been reading.