PDA

View Full Version : Good Lord!

NismoZ
10-18-07, 02:53 PM
56,867 at Surfers today for "People's Day." Free, I'd assume but bodes well for the rest of the weekend. Hearing V-8s want an equal deal with CC for next year since they draw most of the crowd anyway. I think it's about 1/3-2/3 now? Cochrane wants CC thru '11 but asking for a bigger % for Supercars based on their popularity. Now we know why he may have visited KK earlier at Assen. Makes perfect sense.

Sean Malone
10-18-07, 02:55 PM
V8's have been yelling about this for a few years now.

F it. Let em have it. Let the fans decide.

Andrew Longman
10-18-07, 03:17 PM
F it. Let em have it. Let the fans decide.

No reason to piss off any promoter so long as it isn't taken as a sign they are easily extorted and they still make money going there.

NismoZ
10-18-07, 03:48 PM
Fans and their $$ almost always decide. How embarrassing when 1,000s walked out at Las Vegas after the NASTRUK "prelim" with CC. Busch pulling in more than CC & IRL combined at The Mile? CC in the rear of the paddock at RA. That's progress! :rofl:

NismoZ
10-18-07, 03:58 PM
Oh, and Walker is saying he'd like to run Legge in a 3rd car next season. Female talent in the series and all that. Does that mean Coyne's "obligation" to her is over and it's someone else's turn?:) Is there a slower full time driver in the series? My eyes usually stop at 10 on stats sheets. I mean no disrespect, I'd just prefer a better driver in the series.

G.
10-18-07, 04:08 PM
Oh, and Walker is saying he'd like to run Legge in a 3rd car next season. Female talent in the series and all that. Does that mean Coyne's "obligation" to her is over and it's someone else's turn?:) Is there a slower full time driver in the series? My eyes usually stop at 10 on stats sheets. I mean no disrespect, I'd just prefer a better driver in the series.I saw this one, and I'm not sure of my own motivations ("Look at her chest!":gomer: ), but I'd like to see her in a good car. She was pretty damn ballsy in Atlantics, and not in the idiotic Clarke sort-of-way. She fought hard and went forward in the field, when I saw her.

I'd like to see her in a good car for a year before I'll start calling her a field-filler or a mid-packer (which she prolly is).

(and no, I don't find her hot; not unpleasant, but that's as far as I can go.)

oh, yeah. The link thing. (http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2007/10/19/3922_gold-coast-indy.html)

cameraman
10-18-07, 04:15 PM
I've been wondering if she has any idea of how to communicate with an engineer, if she has one. She rarely seems to gain much if any speed during a weekend.

Ed_Severson
10-18-07, 04:23 PM
I've been wondering if she has any idea of how to communicate with an engineer, if she has one. She rarely seems to gain much if any speed during a weekend.

That's her biggest weakness right now -- she has no idea how to set the car up. Moving her up in '06 was done primarily to give her a year of setup experience before the new car came along, but it didn't really matter because PKV just let her wither on the vine. This year with Coyne has been a struggle for obvious reasons -- they don't have enough resources to develop the car, and she has no idea what to tell the engineers on her own.

If she winds up at Walker next year, her 2008 season will tell the tale. I'm not hugely impressed, but she clearly has some talent -- you don't step into any series and win your first race without it. Walker would be a good environment for her -- very supportive of their drivers, especially when they're women -- and the engineers (and Rob Edwards, in particular) will help her immensely in learning to make heads or tails out of what the car is doing and choose a direction for setup changes.

Methanolandbrats
10-18-07, 04:52 PM
What are you guys talking about, is there a race somewhere this weekend :confused:

stroker
10-18-07, 08:01 PM
What are you guys talking about, is there a race somewhere this weekend :confused:

yeah, I was kind of wondering that myself.

oddlycalm
10-18-07, 09:03 PM
PKV just let her wither on the vine. This year with Coyne has been a struggle for obvious reasons -- they don't have enough resources to develop the car, and she has no idea what to tell the engineers on her own. From where I sit it appears that PKV lets all their drivers whither on the vine. Remarkable level of apathy for a race team.

Coyne is doing well considering what he's got to work with. That's one area where the new car did make the playing field a bit more level. At least he seems interested in actually running a race team.

I agree about Walker being the best home for Kate. They've been showing well so if she can't make it work there....

oc

tantra
10-18-07, 09:24 PM
I have listened to KL's radio on several weekends this session, and it sounded to me that her engineer was so lost with the car that nothing Kate said could help him. Persistant, unpredictable snap over-steer should not be that difficult a problem to solve, but as I listened, her team never found a solution. No one else suffered as much as she (perhaps PT did, but that's another situation to debate at another time) with a car so mean that few, if any, of the current drivers could keep on the track at speed.

I believe that if Derrick works with her (he is, after all, the best in the series a bringing drivers along in there racecraft), she can live out her dream and reach her goal of finding out just how good a race car driver she can be.

She won't be a champion, but she helps put on a good show and can do much better than she has shown to date with PVK and Coyne. She's worked hard, learned much, remains driven to succeed, and should be given another year.

Please send your support payments to Walker&Gore and keep the kid in a ride. :)