PDA

View Full Version : I am America, and so can You

racermike
10-17-07, 12:21 AM
By far, the best, and funniest book I have read in a few years.

Stephen Colbert is absolutely hilarious, and right on the mark for the most part, on everything he talks about in the book.

Napoleon
10-18-07, 06:19 AM
Colbert along with Jon Stewart is one of my only must watchs on TV.

Andrew Longman
10-18-07, 09:58 AM
Announced last night that he has decided to decide if he will announce a run for president... in South Carolina. :D

ferrarigod
10-18-07, 11:53 AM
I just got the audiobook yesterday. I don't like listening to music anymore when I run, so I try to pick up a new audiobook every once in a while to put on my phone.

Next up is Ann Coulters new book. Thought I'd get both spectrums at the same time.

Colberts book is good so far, listening to him read it is just like watching and hour Report every time i run.

Sean O'Gorman
10-18-07, 12:22 PM
I like both Stewart and Colbert, but their shows are unwatchable these days. They can't tell a joke without the audience going into applause becuase of their (the audience's) anti-Republican bias. Knock it off and just laugh. They are entertainers, not politicians. :rolleyes:

Insomniac
10-18-07, 01:03 PM
I seem to watch them for a while, then stop. Then watch them again. Probably means I'm an Independent. ;)

Andrew Longman
10-18-07, 01:48 PM
I seem to watch them for a while, then stop. Then watch them again. Probably means I'm an Independent. ;)

I take them in doses as well. Watching Greenfield with colbert last night really made me miss Imus. Guys like Greenfield would come on Imus to promote something or comment, and while there always was satire involved, there was also a portion where it was thoughtful and informative.

I remember during the first Gulf War, I found the best commentary and analysis actually came on Imus' show because he genuinely was interested in learning something and he would let the guests have 25 minutes or more to speak their piece instead of the soundbites and such they were only allowed on other outlets.

Stewart and especially Colbert have their schtick and it is funny and smart, but after they've made fun of every available target I am always a little hungry for something more substantial. I would get that with Imus.

Ankf00
10-18-07, 01:52 PM

I get a kick out of the schtick, but it's not something I make a point to watch every night. Guess that means I'm an alcoholic that has to be out of the house at that hour :D

Methanolandbrats
10-18-07, 02:09 PM
The best thing about those shows is when Louis Black shows up. That guy is seriously funny :laugh:

Sean Malone
10-18-07, 02:31 PM
I get a kick out of the schtick, but it's not something I make a point to watch every night. Guess that means I'm an alcoholic that has to be out of the house at that hour :D

The first step is admitting it. :D

Your subtle cry for help has been heard ank. :thumbup: I'll get ya through it!!

First, you need to set your DVR for recording nightly....