PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap! Obama & Dicky Cheney are cuzzins

Spicoli
10-16-07, 10:27 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071016/pl_nm/usa_politics_cheney_obama_dc

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - There's no sign of a family reunion planned, but U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama are distant cousins.

So says the vice president's wife, Lynne Cheney, who said she discovered that her husband of 43 years is eighth cousins with the senator from Illinois.

The two men could hardly be more different. Cheney is an advocate for pursuing the war in Iraq to try to stabilize the country, while Obama wants to get U.S. troops out of Iraq.

Mrs. Cheney told MSNBC on Tuesday that it was "an amazing American story that one ancestor ... could be responsible down the family line for lives that have taken such different and varied paths."

The common ancestor was Mareen Devall, who the Chicago Sun-Times said was a 17th century immigrant from France.

Somewhere, Ann coulter is thowing up and that makes me very happy. :D

Sean Malone
10-16-07, 10:38 PM
Yahoo News...Where the World Turns for...News. :gomer:

stroker
10-16-07, 10:40 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071016/pl_nm/usa_politics_cheney_obama_dc

Somewhere, Ann coulter is thowing up and that makes me very happy. :D

And the Kossacks are probably throwing themselves off the first available building...

:D

Methanolandbrats
10-16-07, 11:43 PM
Cheney's ancestors probably owned Obama's.

jonovision_man
10-17-07, 07:01 AM
I thought one of the "criticisms" of Obama was that his family wasn't enslaved?

jono

opinionated ow
10-17-07, 07:32 AM
this was shown on aussie tv (its meant to be funny)
DG7uV2L3DqA

KLang
10-17-07, 09:22 AM
Did I miss a rule change allowing political commentary? :confused:

Andrew Longman
10-17-07, 10:00 AM
this was shown on aussie tv (its meant to be funny)

"Obama just carries himself in an evil way." :rofl:

And folks worry that W makes Americans look bad overseas.

How can we have a massive 24/7 newsmachine and have person-in-the-streets so uninformed? Selective editing was surely in play but we've all met too many folks who know more about Paris Hilton's driving record than they do about the next president.

And it says something that the Australian TV audience apparently know more about the #2-3 US Democratic candidate 13 month prior to the election than the folks in Walmart parking lot. :rolleyes:

coolhand
10-17-07, 11:57 AM
Cheney's ancestors probably owned Obama's.

uhhh no,

Obama's Dad is from Kenya and Obama's mom is Irish or something, that is where the relation is.

:gomer: :gomer:

JLMannin
10-17-07, 12:02 PM
If you are reading this, you are related to me, providing you go back enough generations.

jonovision_man
10-17-07, 01:20 PM
If you are reading this, you are related to me, providing you go back enough generations.

If you go back enough generations, we're all related to every living thing alive today. :)

Yes, even the flies on poo are your distant cousins. :D

jono

G.
10-17-07, 01:21 PM
They do this crap every year. GWB and Kerry were like, 6th cousins.

Ankf00
10-17-07, 01:53 PM
Oligarchy!

Methanolandbrats
10-17-07, 01:58 PM
uhhh no,

Obama's Dad is from Kenya and Obama's mom is Irish or something, that is where the relation is.

:gomer: :gomer: Too bad, some good ol' bi-partisan slave sex would keep the TV morons occupied for a couple months, or at least until Brittany's forgets to wear underwear again or some other profound story breaks.

oddlycalm
10-17-07, 02:42 PM
Too bad, some good ol' bi-partisan slave sex would keep the TV morons occupied for a couple months, or at least until Brittany's forgets to wear underwear again or some other profound story breaks. Tag team or singles?

The photo evidence suggests Britney has near total underwear amnesia. The really big story would be if she had a live weasel down there...

oc