PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads

WickerBill
10-16-07, 07:50 PM
A couple weeks ago, I started getting a channel called MHD, which is a conglomeration of MTV, CMT, and VH1 shows -- basically anything from any of them that was shot in HD.

The first show I saw on this channel was named "Crossroads", and it evidentially is a CMT staple. The premise of the show is "good music knows no boundaries", and so they pair a musician from the traditionally "rock" side of the tracks with a musician from the "country" side.

The guide said it was Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of either, although I respect both for songwriting and not just recording other people's music. The show was pretty good, with some conversation between the two, not just singing each others' hits.

But tonight I found my DVR recorded Crossroads: Bruce Hornsby and Ricky Skaggs. Now I have to admit Hornsby is one of my favorite musicians ever, but I've kind of lost track of him for the past few years. This show was fantastic; the rendition of "Mandolin Rain" (which is a heart-wrenching song by itself, but even moreso for me for other, very personal reasons) is stunning on this show, musically and lyrically.

Thumbs up Bruce and Ricky, I found out you guys have a CD together, I'm buying it tomorrow. I'd highly suggest watching at least this episode of Crossroads if you see it on.

Sean Malone
10-16-07, 09:16 PM
I saw the Bon Jovi show. His an ass whether he's playin 'rock' or 'country'.

WickerBill
10-16-07, 09:41 PM
Did I mention that Bruce and Ricky sang "Superfreak"?

SteveH
10-16-07, 09:58 PM
Did I mention that Bruce and Ricky sang "Superfreak"?

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl: