PDA

View Full Version : Rusport gone - official

Pages : 1 [2]

Andrew Longman
10-19-07, 05:59 PM
Basically you're saying that US OW without the Indy 500 can work... if it leaves the US. ;)

jono

Yes because the last ten years have converted too much of the NA fan-base to stock cars while internationally fans still prefer to go fenderless.

There are not enough viable NA venues for OW to make a complete schedule unless you create too many street events.

jonovision_man
10-19-07, 06:30 PM
Yes because the last ten years have converted too much of the NA fan-base to stock cars while internationally fans still prefer to go fenderless.

There are not enough viable NA venues for OW to make a complete schedule unless you create too many street events.

Agreed. Sadly.

Honestly, at this point I'll be happy if there's a few OW events within one day's driving distance and the rest are on TV.

ChampCar in Toronto and Quebec, F1 in Montreal, Indy 500 in Indy, I'm good. Balance it off with my yearly ALMS up the road at Mosport, and I have enough to keep me going. :)

jono

DagoFast
10-19-07, 08:56 PM
I'd respond but your post is unintelligible, try it again in English or at least let me know what language you're writing in so I can hit Bablefish. :gomer:

jono

Try adding an "Eh" on the end of every sentence. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
10-19-07, 09:18 PM
I'd respond but your post is unintelligible, try it again in English or at least let me know what language you're writing in so I can hit Bablefish. :gomer:

jono He's sayin INdy Cab Race is keeping the books in the green. France cabal could take Honduh away from open wheel to to battle Yoda in COT shows and ban Irl from ISC ovuls thereby rendering Tony a dry [body part] [bad thing] from which he could not recover.

jonovision_man
10-19-07, 09:19 PM
He's sayin INdy Cab Race is keeping the books in the green. France cabal could take Honduh away from open wheel to to battle Yoda in COT shows and ban Irl from ISC ovuls thereby rendering Tony a dry [body part] [bad thing] from which he could not recover.

LOL... :) This is like reading Bif. :D

jono

G.
10-19-07, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by DagoFast View Post
If the fi-hunnert arguably funds the rest of the irl season then the only .02 I have to toss out is that Nascar is effectively where toeknee makes his money. Take away the BY400 and how does his balance sheet look?

Now ask yourself, who is in a postion to not only lure Honda to leave the leeg while simultaneously threatining to cut off the cash cow that is the BY400?

And if that still doesn't penetrate a certain thick skull, how about a certain leeg also getting the boot from Watkins Glen and all the remaining ISC tracks?

I'd respond but your post is unintelligible, try it again in English or at least let me know what language you're writing in so I can hit Bablefish.

jono
Holy **** jono, you just proved who has the thick skull.:laugh:

I'll add $0.01 to call it an even $0.03.

Nascar pwns FTG.

(but, even if Honda and BY400 both pull out, I don't see and end to the earl. And that's sad.:( )

Spicoli
10-19-07, 11:19 PM
jesus fuggin chr-i-s-t.

the only way the irl dies if if tony does.

too dumb, toomuch money, and no friends outside the paddock. i mean, what the **** is this ******* going to do every morining when he wakes up if there is no irl?

duh.:shakehead

Rob
10-19-07, 11:29 PM
what the **** is this ******* going to do every morining when he wakes up if there is no irl?
Probably coke.

jonovision_man
10-20-07, 08:03 AM
jesus fuggin chr-i-s-t.

the only way the irl dies if if tony does.

too dumb, toomuch money, and no friends outside the paddock. i mean, what the **** is this ******* going to do every morining when he wakes up if there is no irl?

duh.:shakehead

You are correct, sir!

It's funny that people see losing money as some kind of impediment to continuing after all we've seen in US OW... :laugh: Ego and playing cars rules.

Now when's the damn race on.

jono

jonovision_man
10-20-07, 08:05 AM
Holy **** jono, you just proved who has the thick skull.:laugh:

I'll add $0.01 to call it an even $0.03.

Nascar pwns FTG.

(but, even if Honda and BY400 both pull out, I don't see and end to the earl. And that's sad.:( )

Your last sentence has been my point for the last 5 pages... You AGREE with me you idiot! :rofl: Guess I'm getting through YOUR thick skull. :D

jono

jonovision_man
10-20-07, 08:29 AM
Related to the original topic, Wilson to NHL?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63466

Craig Hampson:

"It's not for me to speak for Mr Haas, but what I will say is that I'm sure Justin is going to be on his list of potential candidates. Everyone in this team regards Justin as an excellent driver, and someone who we've regarded as a primary competition over the last two or three years.

"Remember, Justin was on our original shortlist to test when we picked Sebastien, but he went for the Minardi Formula One deal. What I'm saying is, we considered him then, and he's now got four years' experience in a Champ Car to add to that. He's a great driver."

"Also, bear in mind we now have Todd Malloy working for us, and he was Justin's race engineer for two years at RuSPORT. He knows how good he is, and knows he's a good guy with a strong work ethic."

jono

Spicoli
10-20-07, 10:24 AM
You are correct, sir!

It's funny that people see losing money as some kind of impediment to continuing after all we've seen in US OW... :laugh: Ego and playing cars rules.

Now when's the damn race on.

jono

EXACTLY. I know people who know Tony VERY well. It ain;t about the money, it ain;t about success, its about Tony having so much fuggin money that he can do whatever he wants. A few years back I was told what the income from specific parts of the Hulman/George/IMS - especially royalties, etc - was, and it would blow your mind.

What is unfortunate for us race fans (and mankind, really) is that this is the truth: Tony will do as he wishes for as long as he wishes, with no regard to making money, success, or any sort of approval from anyone anywhere. You've got a lot better chance of CCWS folding than ___king Tony and his league/series thing going away. Thinking that if Homoco pulls out, EARL will collapse? :laugh: Nofa king way.

And that is sad, but very real. :shakehead

Methanolandbrats
10-20-07, 10:52 AM
i mean, what the **** is this ******* going to do every morining when he wakes up if there is no irl?

duh.:shakehead Probably takes him till noon to drink a cup of coffee, tie his shoes and find his car keys........that does'nt really leave all that much time to kill.

G.
10-20-07, 02:35 PM
Your last sentence has been my point for the last 5 pages... You AGREE with me you idiot! :rofl: Guess I'm getting through YOUR thick skull. :D

jonoDon't recall disagreeing with you. Don't recall agreeing with you either. I'm just skimming the topic.

But I am certainly guilty of thick skullery. Often.

Right now, NASCAR and Honda own the IRL. Sort of. When/if they bail, FTG will write checks. Earl continues.:irked: Won't be the godsend that people are hoping for. Just a name change on the checks.

Spicoli nailed it. What the hell else would FTG do with his time? Man needs a hobby.

jonovision_man
10-20-07, 04:57 PM
^^^ Well you did say I had a thick skull, so I assumed you disagreed with me. :D

Unless you were just commenting on your past experiences speaking with me. ;)

jono

G.
10-20-07, 09:04 PM
^^^ Well you did say I had a thick skull, so I assumed you disagreed with me.

Unless you were just commenting on your past experiences speaking with me.

jonoI am suffering from a major lack of WRITING comprehension.

I was translating the post in question, then countering that, no, I really don't believe it.

Tony will continue the earl (NASCAR and Honda be damned.), CC needs to move beyond the 500, OZ has pretty girls, and I like pie.

Oh yeah. :flame: :yuck: :cry: :confused: you!

Love,
G.

(all in fun)

PS: Thick skulls are good sometimes. They can help you get into a enclosure, or out of a sticky situation.

G.
10-20-07, 09:06 PM
^^^ Well you did say I had a thick skull, so I assumed you disagreed with me.

jono
Wait.

I didn't SAY it. I said that you PROVED it.

I stand by that.

Race tonight.
ALMS on now.
:thumbup:

jonovision_man
10-21-07, 12:02 AM
I am suffering from a major lack of WRITING comprehension.

Amongst other things... we really need to get rid of the two drink minimum around here. :p

jono