PDA

View Full Version : PKV Change For Surfers

NismoZ
10-16-07, 09:57 AM
Gommendy out ("unresolved business situation":shakehead ) Servia in.

TKGAngel
10-16-07, 10:00 AM
I saw this on TSN. One of their top stories on my iGoogle page.

"Unresolved business situation" = the check didn't clear?

Sean O'Gorman
10-16-07, 10:04 AM
Actually, I heard they were arguing over Gommendy's cut of his merchandising sales. :rolleyes:

opinionated ow
10-16-07, 10:08 AM
....driver consistency sets a new benchmark

Methanolandbrats
10-16-07, 10:17 AM
Re: series name change----->WTFIDTCWS

Who The **** Is Driving That Car World Series.

At least that's how I felt when I watched this year.

KLang
10-16-07, 10:32 AM
Official announcement here. (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=12264)

"Unfortunately, Tristan had an unresolved business situation that will prevent him from competing this weekend in Australia," Johnson said. "He is continuing to try and resolve the situation and we have high hopes that he will return to the team for the Mexico City race," noted Johnson. "Fortunately for us, Oriol was available this weekend and given his proven talent, familiarity with the team, in particular the fact that he will be working with the same engineer he had last year, and strong record recently at Surfers Paradise, we feel bringing him on board will give PKV Racing the best opportunity to have a successful weekend. We are also pleased because this provides Oriol, one of the top drivers in the Champ Car series, an opportunity to continue to battle for a top-three spot in the championship standings."

:\ no idea what all that means. Good deal for Oriol though. :thumbup:

STD
10-16-07, 10:43 AM
Musical chairs on wheels as a new PR ploy.
Wonder who thought that up...

KLang
10-16-07, 10:53 AM
Does it really matter? Nobody besides us paying attention anyway. :(

Andrew Longman
10-16-07, 11:12 AM
Does it really matter? Nobody besides us paying attention anyway. :(

Well the fans in Surfers will likely remember Servia's bonzai run his rookie year there in the Telephonica car.

Good for Servia too. What's really ridiculous he is missed a bunch of races
and he is still sixth in points

I take it the Pay by Touch sponsor is not Tristen's since it is still on the car. I've got to assume the "business issues" have to do with some other funding he is bringing, but then again Servia isn't likely bringing anything so who knows?

Ed_Severson
10-16-07, 11:19 AM
What's really ridiculous he is missed a bunch of races and he is still sixth in points

He only missed Vegas.

Spicoli
10-16-07, 11:34 AM
He only missed Vegas.

What's your take on all of this?

Ed_Severson
10-16-07, 11:37 AM
I found out about it at the same time everybody else did. Good news for Oriol, I guess.

extramundane
10-16-07, 11:42 AM
I found out about it at the same time everybody else did. Good news for Oriol, I guess.

...until he gets dumped for Mexico City, because Gommendy's checks started clearing again or they pulled Michel Jourdain out of mothballs for a one-off.

Servia in the car is a much better choice all-around than Gommendy, but the circumstances are ridiculous. That it's a series owner's car (again) adds to the Bush League factor. :\

KLang
10-16-07, 11:48 AM
At the risk of the usual insults......

We really don't know what is up with Gommendy. Could be something completely unrelated to $.

Ruben Barrios
10-16-07, 12:28 PM
Rolling rolling rolling...
keep those chairs a-rolling...
move'em up, move'en down, let'em go, bring'em back

Move'em around CCWS!!!

extramundane
10-16-07, 12:37 PM
At the risk of the usual insults......

We really don't know what is up with Gommendy. Could be something completely unrelated to $.

"Unfortunately, Tristan had an unresolved business situation that will prevent him from competing this weekend in Australia," Johnson said.

Sounds money related to me...

Sean Malone
10-16-07, 12:39 PM
Sounds money related to me...

Yep. Even the Speed article insinuates he ran out of money.

I'm tired of the ride buyin roller coaster :thumdown:

Insomniac
10-16-07, 12:43 PM

I'm tired of the ride buyin roller coaster :thumdown:

Which means the cost to put a car on track all year is too high still.

TravelGal
10-16-07, 12:57 PM
Musical chairs on wheels as a new PR ploy.
Wonder who thought that up...

Maybe this is what they meant when someone brought up the "let's put drivers on CCWS contracts." I mean, we get the rotating list of drivers. We just don't know where they will be sitting.

As for Gommendy. How can I miss him when I never figured out who he was in the first place? :gomer:

G.
10-16-07, 01:25 PM
As for Gommendy. How can I miss him when I never figured out who he was in the first place? :gomer::rofl: :laugh:

Jeeemy heard he was good.

OT, good for Cookie, snafu for CC.

Andrew Longman
10-16-07, 01:35 PM

Actually it flat out says so, though it is unsubtantiated.

Could be a jump. Is Servia bringing money? If not, then why not keep TG in the car?

Sean Malone
10-16-07, 01:41 PM
Actually it flat out says so, though it is unsubtantiated.

Could be a jump. Is Servia bringing money? If not, then why not keep TG in the car?

I would imagine Servia would have to pay his "entree fee". :)

Neat racing series.

KLang
10-16-07, 02:16 PM
Is Servia bringing money? If not, then why not keep TG in the car?

This is why I'm not so sure it's $. I can't remember Servia ever bringing money to a ride.

redmist
10-16-07, 02:18 PM
"unresolved business situation?" maybe gommendy is trying to line up a nascar deal. ;) :D

Methanolandbrats
10-16-07, 02:31 PM
I saw this on TSN. One of their top stories on my iGoogle page.

"Unresolved business situation" = the check didn't clear? "unresolved business issue" = not enough money to be a "professional" racing driver. :cry:

Wabbit
10-16-07, 02:59 PM
"unresolved business situation?" maybe gommendy is trying to line up a nascar deal. ;) :D

Maybe he can't get a Visa for Australia.

pchall
10-16-07, 03:27 PM

Seems like Kevin Kalkhoven has an "unresolved business situation" too.

pchall
10-16-07, 03:29 PM

:tony: :tony: :tony:

Sean Malone
10-16-07, 03:33 PM

:tony: :tony: :tony:

It was funny both times!:thumbup:

Gnam
10-16-07, 04:26 PM
Is Servia bringing money? If not, then why not keep TG in the car?

Yeah, it seems strange. Could it be venue related? Do drivers need work visas for the Surfers' race? Is GoMindy wanted in Aussieland? Or maybe he got a new job. :confused:

Edit: That wascally Wabbit was way ahead of me. :gomer:

Sean Malone
10-16-07, 04:31 PM
Yeah, it seems strange. Could it be venue related? Do drivers need work visas for the Surfers' race? Is GoMindy wanted in Aussieland? Or maybe he got a new job. :confused:

Yes
No
Yes
Maybe

:)

emjaya
10-16-07, 05:01 PM
Yep, no visa for him. He's too good looking. :thumdown:

We're gettin' tired of damn playboy racecar drivers coming down here an' stealing our wimmen, so they gotta pass an ugly test from now on. :gomer:

RHR_Fan
10-16-07, 05:52 PM

We're gettin' tired of damn playboy racecar drivers coming down here an' stealing our wimmen, so they gotta pass an ugly test from now on. :gomer:

:rofl:

Go-Go-Gommendy!

TravelGal
10-16-07, 06:17 PM

You may have a point there. :D

I'm surprised they don't need work visas but one thing I NEVER do is give visa advice. I do know that the local Armenian folk dance troupe that I sent last year (seriously) needed work visas because they were going to be performing for money.

OH, that's it. The drivers don't actually GET money. :gomer:

jonovision_man
10-16-07, 06:42 PM
You may have a point there. :D

I'm surprised they don't need work visas but one thing I NEVER do is give visa advice. I do know that the local Armenian folk dance troupe that I sent last year (seriously) needed work visas because they were going to be performing for money.

LOL! :rofl:

This thread is full of gems. :)

jono

Indy
10-16-07, 06:54 PM

That's the most bitterly sarcastic statement of the season.

My compliments to the cynic. :thumbup:

Easy
10-18-07, 12:44 PM
Prep shop rule: If you have a pay driver and his check bounces you park the car or if you must run the car replace him with a shoe even if he is not bringing a budget. You do not let the pay driver in the cockpit unless he is paid up though. I know of a Spanish F3 team that have experience with this. It leads to unpaid bills and a change in payment policy.

Insomniac
10-18-07, 01:00 PM
Prep shop rule: If you have a pay driver and his check bounces you park the car or if you must run the car replace him with a shoe even if he is not bringing a budget. You do not let the pay driver in the cockpit unless he is paid up though. I know of a Spanish F3 team that have experience with this. It leads to unpaid bills and a change in payment policy.

Absolutely. Maybe you let it go for a weekend, but there was a 20 week break between races.