PDA

View Full Version : Artist implants 'third ear' on his own arm

Turbodog
10-11-07, 10:52 PM
I think the end of the world is near. :saywhat:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=487039&in_page_id=1965

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_02/earweirdNNP1110_468x335.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_02/earweird2NNP1110_468x711.jpg

Don Quixote
10-11-07, 11:07 PM
Art. This is art. :laugh: :laugh:

emjaya
10-12-07, 08:54 AM
:rolleyes:

He should have them grow him a second penis, then I'll be impressed. I know exactly where he can put it....:gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
10-12-07, 09:27 AM
He needs to give himself five asses, and then someone else three extra legs, so that one person can kick them all at once.

datachicane
10-12-07, 10:46 AM
Third eye > third ear.

Andrew Longman
10-12-07, 11:35 AM
I guess he didn't want to go with "traditional" body art... tattoos, piercings, branding, tongue splitting etc.

Don Quixote
10-12-07, 01:07 PM
I guess he didn't want to go with "traditional" body art... tattoos, piercings, branding, tongue splitting etc. I hadn't though of it that way, but you may be onto something. Each successive generation seems to outdo the previous generation in outrageous anti-establishment behavior. Long hair < punk < goth marilyn manson freaks < tatoos/piercings. So this is the logical next step, slapping new body appendages all over.

devilmaster
10-12-07, 01:18 PM
So that's why the Secret service always talks into their forearm.... :)

Sean Malone
10-12-07, 01:21 PM
I hadn't though of it that way, but you may be onto something. Each successive generation seems to outdo the previous generation in outrageous anti-establishment behavior. Long hair < punk < goth marilyn manson freaks < tatoos/piercings. So this is the logical next step, slapping new body appendages all over.

I agree, but this dude is like a million years old.

Andrew Longman
10-12-07, 01:23 PM
The guy looks a little old so I don't know about generational oneupmanship, but in the last 20 years the boost certainly has been turned up on self mutilation in the name of self-expression.

This on a day when love-him-or-not Al Gore, gets a Nobel prize for pointing out the consequences of also destroying our climate as well.

Somehow the destruction seem related... or not.

anait
10-12-07, 02:30 PM
So...if certain body piercings give you itchy butt syndrome [nickel in the metal - unless I've been snoped]...wonder if this implant will hold any surprises...

Sean Malone
10-12-07, 02:35 PM
So...if certain body piercings give you itchy butt syndrome [nickel in the metal - unless I've been snoped]...wonder if this implant will hold any surprises...

What language are you talking? Oh, Canadian!:D

Andrew Longman
10-12-07, 03:05 PM
OK, I have to ask. Itchy butt syndrome?

But you bring up a good point. What are the possibilities of tissue rejection?

anait
10-12-07, 03:22 PM
OK, I have to ask. Itchy butt syndrome?

Nickel jewellery can cause an allergic reaction. Apparently, if the jewellery is worn in belly button/navel/lip/tongue piercings, the itching is intense, and centered in the interior butt region...

I'm looking for proof online. I don't really want to find out for myself.

cameraman
10-12-07, 03:46 PM
It is a real disease. The proper term is pruritus ani and you really do not want to get it. Only a small percentage of the cases are due to nickel sensitivity but if you are one of those unlucky souls getting that piercing was a mistake. Luckily it clears up with the removal of the piercing.

coolhand
10-12-07, 04:28 PM
tongue rings are also terrible for your teeth and gums.

I like going to Whole Foods and seeing all the people who are so interested in seeing their food products "Natural" while they are covered in piercings and tattoos.

RichK
10-12-07, 04:42 PM
Listening to his watch ticking all day is going to drive him crazy in no time.