PDA

View Full Version : Miller/Coors Merge

Sean Malone
10-10-07, 04:39 PM
Read it in the paper today. Should be complete by mid '08.

I wonder what that will taste like? :yuck:

Methanolandbrats
10-10-07, 04:41 PM
Read it in the paper today. Should be complete by mid '08.

I wonder what that will taste like? :yuck: You can do a simulation. Piss in a glass, chill it, cheers :yuck:

Sean Malone
10-10-07, 04:43 PM
You can do a simulation. Piss in a glass, chill it, cheers :yuck:

Should I add a lime? :) I hear that helps.

Methanolandbrats
10-10-07, 04:46 PM
Should I add a lime? :) I hear that helps. Never add lime to beer, but in this case..........

TKGAngel
10-10-07, 04:53 PM
And Molson gets dragged along for the ride.

Insomniac
10-10-07, 08:25 PM
Who could be opposed to the Miller Lite cat fight girls and the Coors Twins getting together? ;)

oddlycalm
10-10-07, 09:08 PM
Coors has spent the last 25yrs beefing up it's industrial ceramics business through growth and acquisition. Wise move because the thin yellow beer bidness has turned into a consolidation fest.

oc

Sean Malone
10-10-07, 09:20 PM
I was young, but I remember when you could only get Coors on the west side of the Missip R. It was a special thing on the east coast to get Coors.

dando
10-10-07, 10:20 PM
Who could be opposed to the Miller Lite cat fight girls and the Coors Twins getting together? ;)

:cool: :D

-Kevin

eiregosod
10-11-07, 08:00 AM
One World Beer. :goosestep:

Sean Malone
10-11-07, 08:09 AM
One World Beer. :goosestep:

I think AB is working on it. They have something called "World Beer" at their theme parks. It tastes like I imagine urine tastes like.

IlliniRacer
10-11-07, 08:50 AM
Rumors out of St. Louis is that InBev is buying A-B

G.
10-11-07, 09:38 AM
Coors has spent the last 25yrs beefing up it's industrial ceramics business through growth and acquisition. Wise move because the thin yellow beer bidness has turned into a consolidation fest.

ocI thought they were moving AWAY from the glass stuff over the last 10 yrs. or so.

Might need to revisit...

Andrew Longman
10-11-07, 09:51 AM
I was young, but I remember when you could only get Coors on the west side of the Missip R. It was a special thing on the east coast to get Coors.

As I was told by my dad, Coors had that restriction because they would only go through distributors who could promise to keep the beer chilled all the way to the store. Congressional types got tired of smuggling Coors to Washington on their trips back from the West and so forced Coors to open up claiming it was a restraint of trade practice.

Now Coors (and everything) is made all over the place so it hardly matters. No more Rocky Mountain water claims.

extramundane
10-11-07, 10:10 AM
I think AB is working on it. They have something called "World Beer" at their theme parks. It tastes like I imagine urine tastes like.

Last time I went to Busch Gardens Billyburg, AB was still distributing Red Hook 'round here, so you could at least get something that only mildly tasted like urine. But yeah, that World Select or whatever it is... it's like they crammed Michelob into green bottles just for some extra skunkyness, then left it out on the counter open for a month. :yuck:

Now Coors (and everything) is made all over the place so it hardly matters. No more Rocky Mountain water claims.

Most of it east of the Mississippi is made in the mountains of Virginia now. I know what's in that water, and I damn sure ain't drinking it.

G.
10-11-07, 10:15 AM
Congressional types got tired of smuggling Coors to Washington on their trips back from the West and so forced Coors to open up claiming it was a restraint of trade practice.

Weren't they a-scared of Sheriff Buford T. Justice?

eiregosod
10-11-07, 10:15 AM

all the macrabreweries of the world brew all the different macrabrew brands.

Sean Malone
10-11-07, 10:24 AM
Last time I went to Busch Gardens Billyburg, AB was still distributing Red Hook 'round here, so you could at least get something that only mildly tasted like urine. But yeah, that World Select or whatever it is... it's like they crammed Michelob into green bottles just for some extra skunkyness, then left it out on the counter open for a month. :yuck:

Most of it east of the Mississippi is made in the mountains of Virginia now. I know what's in that water, and I damn sure ain't drinking it.

I was pleasantly surprised when I came across a beer garden at Epcot that had 64oz Becks draft. Yeah, they cost like $11 each, but it made the the whole experience that much more palatable. :)

Insomniac
10-11-07, 11:39 AM
Should the rest of us be worried that many of you know what urine tastes like? :)

extramundane
10-11-07, 12:14 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when I came across a beer garden at Epcot that had 64oz Becks draft. Yeah, they cost like $11 each, but it made the the whole experience that much more palatable. :)

Even a couple years ago the Busch parks were getting $5-6 bucks for 16oz, so that seems like a bargain. 'Specially if, like me, sobriety negatively affects your tolerance for your fellow man out in public places like amusement parks.

Dirk Diggler
10-11-07, 12:46 PM
I wonder what that will taste like? :yuck:

The first batch of six packs will come with a commemorative pint glass with a urinal cake at the bottom.

Methanolandbrats
10-11-07, 02:43 PM
Sounds like you dined in "Germany". Next time hit Norway, no lines, all the waitresses are beautiful six foot tall Norwegian Girls and the food is amazing. I don't remember anything about the beer because I got wasted in Germany first.

Sean Malone
10-11-07, 02:56 PM
Sounds like you dined in "Germany". Next time hit Norway, no lines, all the waitresses are beautiful six foot tall Norwegian Girls and the food is amazing. I don't remember anything about the beer because I got wasted in Germany first.

Yes, and I think it's actually kinda cool that Disney at least gets actual people from the country they are mocking up. I'm guessing they are exchange students.

I've been to Epcot twice and got completely trashed both times. I don't think Mr Disney had that in mind. :D