PDA

View Full Version : Arie Luyendyk Has A Backache

Chief
05-09-03, 03:33 PM
Arie Luyendyk is complaining of back pain after a hard hit at Indy today. Looks as if he's the 3rd driver in 3 days to miss the turn 1 SAFER barrier and smack the concrete.

racer2c
05-09-03, 03:37 PM
Time to move the barrier.

lone_groover
05-09-03, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
Time to move the barrier.

:thumbup: :cry: How callous and insensitive! :D :thumbup:

:gomer:

Napoleon
05-09-03, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by lone_groover

Time to form a group to protect the SAFER barrier. We will call it PETS. People for the Ethical Treatment of Styrofoam.

rabbit
05-09-03, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
Time to form a group to protect the SAFER barrier. We will call it PETS. People for the Ethical Treatment of Styrofoam. Styrofoam? STYROFOAM!?!? What about the steel? HUH? The steel takes the brunt of the impact and you're worried about STYROFOAM!!!! :flame:

RTKar
05-09-03, 06:11 PM
This race won't be the fastest 33 drivers...or 28 or whatever... but the remaining 33 drivers who don't have aching backs or simply put those that haven't hit the wall. Maybe we'll get to see Racin' Gardner and Brad Murphy once again...

DaveL
05-09-03, 07:37 PM
Good thing the IRL was created so that retired 49 year old Dutch born road racing trained drivers (who were once ride buyers) could have the OPPORTUNITY to run at Indy.

And you ignorant CARTisans keep asking why the IRL was necessary. Arie is just the kind of the driver the IRL was made for.

RacinM3
05-09-03, 07:40 PM
Never a big Arie fan, but I hope he is OK. Just say NO to IRL cars.

pchall
05-09-03, 08:52 PM
stop the insanity

racer2c
05-09-03, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by lone_groover

True. But that's whey we're here at OC right? I mean, we're the callous, eletist pigs who scoff at the injuries of the guys who are putting their life on the line to get their mugs on the big BW mug.

l_g, do you think a MotoGp at the brickyard would go over with the gomers?

racer2c
05-09-03, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
Good thing the IRL was created so that retired 49 year old Dutch born road racing trained drivers (who were once ride buyers) could have the OPPORTUNITY to run at Indy.

And you ignorant CARTisans keep asking why the IRL was necessary. Arie is just the kind of the driver the IRL was made for.

But Arie knows what Indy means! I think.

lone_groover
05-10-03, 11:36 AM

A few years ago, I would have said NO WAY. But now, in this new century, with the pervasiveness of cable and satellite TV and the ubiquity of the internet, all motosports fanz (in our orbit at least) know who Colin Edwards and Valentino are. whereas ten years ago nobody in the USA knew who Wayne Rainey or Doug Polen were (are).

Hooterville will take a few years to get widdit I expect, while sophisticated race fanz in more cosmopolitan urbs like DesMoines, Dubuque and Peoria have probably already caught on.

Ankf00
05-11-03, 12:22 PM

oh god please tell me you're joking, the last thing I want to see is an RCV highsiding into Turn1 on the GP course.

:eek:

cartmanoz
05-11-03, 10:26 PM
No track in the USA is completely safe to handle a MotoGP event. I'm still surprised to see the WSB visit Laguna Seca.

racer2c
05-11-03, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
oh god please tell me you're joking, the last thing I want to see is an RCV highsiding into Turn1 on the GP course.

:eek:

yes, I was joking. It stems from the fact that crapwagons have replaced what was once great about Indy. personally, I'd rather see bikes scream around the brickyard since the Champ Cars can't.