PDA

View Full Version : Patwreck Carbender finds a cab ride...

pchall
10-10-07, 02:30 PM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63193

Carpentier signs with GEM

By Diego Mejia Wednesday, October 10th 2007, 14:15 GMT

Patrick Carpentier is the latest open-wheel racer to join NASCAR's top series ranks, after signing a deal to race in the 2008 Sprint Cup for Gillett-Evernham Motorsports, autosport.com can reveal.

The Canadian had been linked to a drive for the team since he competed for them at Watkins Glen International this year, racing the No. 10 car regularly driven by Scott Riggs and taking it to a 22nd place finish after leading seven laps on what was his first ever Nextel Cup race.

How long 'til the 'necks start complaining about the Acadian Mafia taking over?

Sean Malone
10-10-07, 02:46 PM
Bob Blake's latest talks about how Bill France Jr always talked about the need of a healthy US open wheel series. Why? So the open drivers don't take over the stockers.

This is just the beginning. US racing in general is changing very quickly. 5 years from now NASCAR will be the only one left standing and will look completely different than it does today, or should I say than it did last year.

jonovision_man
10-10-07, 04:07 PM
Good for him. :thumbup:

US OW sucks, too many drivers that really should be out there hiking over to NASCAR or sitting on the sidelines instead. Both series. :thumdown:

They are actually paying me to race. What a concept.

jono

Methanolandbrats
10-10-07, 04:36 PM
ASA--> ARCA---> BUSCH---> NASCAR is no longer the career path now that F1 has established itself as a NASCAR feeder series. :D

spinner26
10-10-07, 05:14 PM
How long before the Brickyard 400 presented by the highest bidder is run on Memorial Day?

Spicoli
10-10-07, 05:29 PM
How long before the Brickyard 400 presented by the highest bidder is run on Memorial Day?

I hope soon. Then we will only have one sh-itty race.:thumdown:

oddlycalm
10-10-07, 09:16 PM
How long before the Brickyard 400 presented by the highest bidder is run on Memorial Day? Good thing TG fixed the racing...

oc

jonovision_man
10-10-07, 10:41 PM
ASA--> ARCA---> BUSCH---> NASCAR is no longer the career path now that F1 has established itself as a NASCAR feeder series. :D

How does their fired drivers going to NASCAR make F1 a feeder series to NASCAR? :p

jono

Methanolandbrats
10-10-07, 10:56 PM
How does their fired drivers going to NASCAR make F1 a feeder series to NASCAR? :p

jonoCause they ARE going there and Jim Bob Jr. and Cletus ain't.

Dirk Diggler
10-11-07, 03:04 AM
Cause they ARE going there and Jim Bob Jr. and Cletus ain't.

They must be running out of Bodines and Waltrips, I guess. Now that Dario and Villeneuve are in, hold some seats for Marino and Uncle Jacques.

Montoya needs to pop out a Junior or two.

But there will always be a place in NASCAR for Dale, Dale, and his other brother Dale.

Accipiter
10-11-07, 09:26 AM
I predict big competition for French-Canadian sponsor money.

Sean Malone
10-11-07, 09:36 AM
Mexican and Canadian drivers are going to be all the rage in taxicab racing as NASCAR looks to expand in those markets.