PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Stewart: A Certified Half-Wit

Dirk Diggler
10-09-07, 12:31 PM
So says Max Mosley, anyway. This one could get interesting, although I doubt it will phase Max much. I'm on Jackie's side, for what it's worth.:cool:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63169

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63170

RichK
10-09-07, 12:42 PM
Damon Hill just rose a few notches in my book. Good for him for calling out Mosley.

Methanolandbrats
10-09-07, 01:01 PM
Max has always been a pompous asswipe. :mad:

Ankf00
10-09-07, 01:18 PM
Dear Max,

The Global motor sport community considers you a certified, proper non-wit of a lawyer. Please go home and choke.

Sincerely,
The entire human race

Ed_Severson
10-09-07, 01:31 PM
Perhaps it's just me, but I'd take the certifiable halfwit over the brownshirt ****wit any day of the week.

eiregosod
10-09-07, 01:55 PM
What Max has to do to appear relevant these days :laugh:

Andrew Longman
10-09-07, 02:41 PM
Hill:
"Regardless or not of whether he was alluding to his dyslexia, what he said was a gross insult to one of the sport's leading figures over the last four decades and a thrice world champion.

"Not only is it bad manners, it also calls into question the character and judgment of the man who represents motor sport throughout the world through the august institution of the FIA.

"It is conduct most unbecoming of an FIA president and, in my humble view, brought the sport into disrepute, a crime he seems so keen to eradicate."

Beautifully stated.

Mosley:
"Jackie claimed the World Council were 'witch hunting' against McLaren. A witch hunt is the irrational and unjustified persecution of the innocent. To make this and other unfounded and partisan accusations without viewing any of the evidence was not only inept but thoroughly irresponsible. Such comments could do nothing but damage to the sport.

The evidence presented in their own ruling didn't logically support their conclusion :shakehead

"The suggestions that my original comments were an implied criticism of anyone other than Jackie himself are complete nonsense and unworthy of those who have sought to make them."

So of the countless people who share Jackie's opinion, only he is a half wit?

But speaking to autosport.com, the FIA president has insisted that the Scot's criticism of the governing body's actions were unjustified and he has refused to apologise for his remarks.

Obviously skilled in damage control and PR... not. Couldn't possibly just say it is regrettable that a three time champion does not agree with the ruling and apologize for any insult Sir Stewart may have taken. Instead of moving on, lets' keep this in the news cycle for a few more weeks, or longer if it goes to trial.

He's a lawyer? He should stick to designing spec split rear wings.

I think Brats sums it up perfectly. :thumbup:

TrueBrit
10-09-07, 02:50 PM
I hope Jackie Stewart sues that brownshirted ass-half back to the stone-age....and he takes his poisoned dwarf with him...:mad:

Oh, and Damon Hill hit it out of the park...

oddlycalm
10-09-07, 03:37 PM
The odor you smell is Max well past his sell date. Mosley is just as out of touch with reality now as Balestre was when Max succeeded him in 1993. Time for new blood.

oc

STD
10-09-07, 04:14 PM
Heck Balestre's antics have looked good when compared to Max's for the last several years now. :eek:

Indy
10-09-07, 08:00 PM
How is it that Max enjoys apparently unassailable job security? The man is an embarrassment to motorsport.

datachicane
10-09-07, 08:54 PM
Monomaniacism must run in the family.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/British_Union_of_Fascists_flag.ant.svg/150px-British_Union_of_Fascists_flag.ant.svg.png

mueber
10-12-07, 03:33 PM
I've never been a Jackie Stewart fan, too many Indy 500's with Jet Lag Jim MacKay, but still....it's not talk radio, you'd think a guy in Mosley's position would at least try to act like a professional.

Gnam
10-12-07, 03:38 PM
The odor you smell is Max well past his sell date. Mosley is just as out of touch with reality now as Balestre was when Max succeeded him in 1993. Time for new blood.

oc

Quick someone give Bernie "Steve Johnson-mania!"

extramundane
10-12-07, 03:39 PM
you'd think a guy in Mosley's position would at least try to act like a professional.

Why start now?